Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must confess...

<<<walking up to stage & tapping on microphone>>>

Good morning everybody. I must confess, I am a football fan.

I was born in Packers country in late January, so you can imagine how many green/gold or blue/orange birthday cakes I have had over the years. There's almost always a game on TV for my birthday.

I know that Sundays & Monday nights are for football. I would never date a guy who doesn't understand that. I have been dumped by a guy who didn't like it that I knew more about football than he did (yes, really). I have had dates end when we got to the point in the conversation where I said that I liked football. Even if I could go back in time & change myself, I would not. I confess, I am a football fan.

I have a drawer full of Broncos/Packers/Rockies/Yankees shirts. I have the earrings, the socks, the overalls (yeah, they're cool!), the Cheesehead. My house is not decked out head-to-toe in memorabilia, but the Broncos are always on TV. I have the old-time logo on the bumper of my Grand Cherokee. I confess, I am a football fan.

I have a dog who has been in a Letterman contest & has auditioned for Animal Planet successfully. He counts numbers of sports stars with his paws. I wish more players would stick with the same team, not for the dogs sake, but because I admire that. I would love for the dog to meet Elway someday. I confess, I am a football fan.

I FINALLY got asked to be in a fantasy league. Wish me luck in the draft on Sunday! I get asked to play in football pools and will gladly take any guys' $$$ that they're willing to bet. I got to attend training camp this year. I went 4 times as a VIP guest. TOO COOL!!! I learned a lot; things make more sense now. The most important thing I learned is that when you're on the field & get put up front because you're the shortest, you must run for dear life when a player comes flying towards you. SQUISH. I will treasure those 4 days forever (thanks, you know who you are). I have some really great pictures. I confess, I am a football fan.

I'm looking forward to intelligent input on the boards from myself. Keep yer fingers crossed~! I wish the Broncos a successful season. I hope the defense gets it together.

~Captain Lori
    A-town, CO, USA

The King, the Captain, and the Scheff...LOL!

Originally posted by Captain Lori View Post

I was born in Packers country in late January, so you can imagine how many green/gold or blue/orange birthday cakes I have had over the years. There's almost always a game on TV for my birthday.

I know that Sundays & Monday nights are for football. I would never date a guy who doesn't understand that. I have been dumped by a guy who didn't like it that I knew more about football than he did (yes, really). I have had dates end when we got to the point in the conversation where I said that I liked football. Even if I could go back in time & change myself, I would not. I confess, I am a football fan.

I have a drawer full of Broncos/Packers/Rockies/Yankees shirts. I have the earrings, the socks, the overalls (yeah, they're cool!), the Cheesehead. My house is not decked out head-to-toe in memorabilia, but the Broncos are always on TV. I have the old-time logo on the bumper of my Grand Cherokee. I confess, I am a football fan.

I have a dog who has been in a Letterman contest & has auditioned for Animal Planet successfully. He counts numbers of sports stars with his paws. I wish more players would stick with the same team, not for the dogs sake, but because I admire that. I would love for the dog to meet Elway someday. I confess, I am a football fan.

I FINALLY got asked to be in a fantasy league. Wish me luck in the draft on Sunday! I get asked to play in football pools and will gladly take any guys' $$$ that they're willing to bet. I got to attend training camp this year. I went 4 times as a VIP guest. TOO COOL!!! I learned a lot; things make more sense now. The most important thing I learned is that when you're on the field & get put up front because you're the shortest, you must run for dear life when a player comes flying towards you. SQUISH. I will treasure those 4 days forever (thanks, you know who you are). I have some really great pictures. I confess, I am a football fan.

I'm looking forward to intelligent input on the boards from myself. Keep yer fingers crossed~! I wish the Broncos a successful season. I hope the defense gets it together.

~Captain Lori
    A-town, CO, USA

So.... The question needs to be asked...

Who'd you root for in SB XXXII?

Oh... and welcome.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

~Captain Lori
      A-town, CO, USA

GO PACKERS

Welcome, stay around a bit theres some cool people here. Im a packers fan. Going along with what LT said you sure you dont want to root for the pack in week 8?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

55 to 3?!?!? Have you been playing without a helmet?!?!? Favre is a good QB. He plays the game because he loves the game. However, even if he did have some weapons (they lost Walker & Green within a year, too bad for him), the O-line is like a sieve. Unlike Cutler, who has a great line to give him time to execute the plays, as long as they don't get injured. I hope they keep 8 O-liners instead of 7 this year.

Did I mention that Bart Starr is a very classy guy? :-)

~Loribee

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
          So.... The question needs to be asked...

Who'd you root for in SB XXXII?

Oh... and welcome.
          :wave: WELCOME LORI - Enjoy

And to repeat LT's question - Who did you root for in SB XXXII?

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

I spent that Super Bowl in the emergency room wearing a Broncos shirt getting the play-by-play from a doctor who was wearing Packers scrubs. The Packers had won the year before so I did indeed root, root, root for the home team. They had a big party for me in '97, including a cake with a Packers helmet. Next year, though, all blue & orange.

Comment

I spent that Super Bowl in the emergency room wearing a Broncos shirt getting the play-by-play from a doctor who was wearing Packers scrubs. The Packers had won the year before so I did indeed root, root, root for the home team. They had a big party for me in '97, including a cake with a Packers helmet. Next year, though, all blue & orange.
              I have a new favorite poster So does that mean you dont think my 55-3 prediction will be accurate.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

welcome aboard
                sigpic

Comment

55-3? HAH! No. Broncos 27-Packers 13, perhaps. If I got the score correct you owe me dinner.

Comment

55-3? HAH! No. Broncos 27-Packers 13, perhaps. If I got the score correct you owe me dinner.
                    I feel kind of bad for you. You should have stayed with the Pack. There defense is improving, and Rodgers can be a good QB when he starts. This season will be fun along with the ones after that ehre we dont relay on Favre.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Yes, their D is improving, but Favre will still spend most of the time on the field on his fanny. Favre will play UNTIL he breaks the rest of Marino's records. His fans will make him play out the season. Then he is done. Honestly, I can only name ONE of Favre's backups, EVER. I still don't think it matters what weapons he has to throw to, the O-line isn't sturdy enough to protect him, unlikes Denver's, who will give Cutler LOTS of time to throw. I predict Denver will score like KC usually does, but if the Denver D doesn't get it together, teams will score on them like they do on KC.

Comment

~Captain Lori
                        A-town, CO, USA

I think I'm in love........

A football fan?!?!?!?!?!

Drives a Jeep?!?!?!?!?!

Has a dog?!?!?!??!

Lives in Colorado?!?!?!?!

Yes I am in love.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Welcome to the family!!!!

PEACE!!!

Comment

Yeah, and if I hear ONE MORE GUY say "Oh, you're such a nice girl, I'm sure someone else will gladly take you" I'm gonna SCREAM!!! And I'll get over it...

I have no idea why liking football is such a problem, but at least I can talk football here, right? Good. I got me an order for a sig, figured out the avatars, and I'm ready for the season.

We'll have to get together in January and have us some orange & blue birthday cake~!

Comment

We'll have to get together in January and have us some orange & blue birthday cake~!

Oh I forgot to add that also....

You have a Bday in late January...like ME!!!

You can teach me to dance....which I can't.

AND YOU LIKE THE BRONC'S!!!!

PEACE!!!
                            Last edited by AlWilsonizKING; 08-23-2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Okeedokee, on the off-week Sunday in January (priorities, priorities) to the Mercury Cafe and we can teach you basic swing dance. Then we'll go find us some cake.

Do we really need that extra week between the last playoff game & the Super Bowl? Just wondering...

Comment

Working...
                              X