Thoughts from tonight's game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts from tonight's game...

Our D started off looking very week... It's never good to see the browns march down and score six on the opening drive. It basically mirrored last weeks D.

On O- The thing I noticed early on that carried through the game is our starting O-line looked real good. Cutler had a lot of time to pass and make reads (which sometimes he did well and sometimes he didn't.) The line continued to do well opening up run lanes and our hb's put up some decent numbers tonight. We defiantly have depth at the HB position, with Selvin Young showing us he has quite a few moves, and some good speed.

As the game progressed our D started to work a little better together, there were times when our line put pressure on the opposing qb. Dumervil I saw had a nice sack. I saw Jarvis in there a few times giving a rush to the other side of the ball. Asides from that our secondary didn't look like anything too brag about, but I think that will fall into place inevitably if our line would succeed in bringing pressure.

Our receiving corp impressed me tonight, aside from Javon's drops everyone looked pretty good. Marshall showed us he has the ability to be a good #2, Stokley recorded some nice catches... Sheffler had a real stupid penalty to bring a nice 1st down catch from Hixon which ultimately resulted in a fumble from Ramsey.

The final note- Our defense although did not look good, but showed some improvement. Mostly along the line, but possibly that's because what I was focused on. Our offense showed signs of life as well, as we put together a very successful 2 minute drill that ended just before half. Our lower string backs did well behind our impressive line tonight. All in all these last few weeks should do us a lot of good before we kick off the regular season. The game didn't bring the confidence I was hoping for, but the team did show enough that we are just a few tweaks away from a strong playoff contender.

I think patrick should be cut, he has not showen me any thing only great play was the 90 yard pass to clark but i mean that VERY BAD on how he manged that clocked give the other QBs a shot!
    PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
      Our D started off looking very week... It's never good to see the browns march down and score six on the opening drive. It basically mirrored last weeks D.

On O- The thing I noticed early on that carried through the game is our starting O-line looked real good. Cutler had a lot of time to pass and make reads (which sometimes he did well and sometimes he didn't.) The line continued to do well opening up run lanes and our hb's put up some decent numbers tonight. We defiantly have depth at the HB position, with Selvin Young showing us he has quite a few moves, and some good speed.

As the game progressed our D started to work a little better together, there were times when our line put pressure on the opposing qb. Dumervil I saw had a nice sack. I saw Jarvis in there a few times giving a rush to the other side of the ball. Asides from that our secondary didn't look like anything too brag about, but I think that will fall into place inevitably if our line would succeed in bringing pressure.

Our receiving corp impressed me tonight, aside from Javon's drops everyone looked pretty good. Marshall showed us he has the ability to be a good #2, Stokley recorded some nice catches... Sheffler had a real stupid penalty to bring a nice 1st down catch from Hixon which ultimately resulted in a fumble from Ramsey.

The final note- Our defense although did not look good, but showed some improvement. Mostly along the line, but possibly that's because what I was focused on. Our offense showed signs of life as well, as we put together a very successful 2 minute drill that ended just before half. Our lower string backs did well behind our impressive line tonight. All in all these last few weeks should do us a lot of good before we kick off the regular season. The game didn't bring the confidence I was hoping for, but the team did show enough that we are just a few tweaks away from a strong playoff contender.

I think we need 10 more preseason games before we are ready for the start of the season.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bmarsh15 View Post
        I think patrick should be cut, he has not showen me any thing only great play was the 90 yard pass to clark but i mean that VERY BAD on how he manged that clocked give the other QBs a shot!
        Yea. Let's cut Patrick, and then get BVP back. Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmarsh15 View Post

That isn't going happen and damn sure don't want Hackney as the back up at this juncture.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The only thing that really matters to me is that we got out of this game more or less as healthy as we came into it.
            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Ramsey is the best option for a backup QB on the team right now, all you can do is hope he never gets in this season.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

how was DJ?

i saw he had 7 tackles but stats don't always tell the story. and my sopcast was killing tyhe work router so i caught maybe 3 plays per quarter then it crashed again.
                Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                  Ramsey is the best option for a backup QB on the team right now, all you can do is hope he never gets in this season.

I would rather have Ramsey than Van Pelt.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I want them to win. I am beginning to wonder what's the point of liking the whole team? Or at least liking anyone on the stinky defense (except John Lynch). Offense is doing fine. Not the best, but definitely better than the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post

Good points but you have to remember that Cleveland is a bottom dweller. There Defense is not in the league with San Diego or a Dallas. So i was really disappointed this Offense that has been so hyped up has not played well. Ramsey was absolutely horrible. made some real bad decisions. We did well against there Offensive running game but who do they have again Jamal Lewis who is Definitely not the player he once was. I think part of the reason the front seven looked good is because Cleveland's O line is definitely in question. But for the most part the only player on D that i was impressed with was DJ Williams he showed better instincts out there and led the broncos in tackles
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                        The only thing that really matters to me is that we got out of this game more or less as healthy as we came into it.
                        Hopefully this trend can continue!! we need to get healthy. the sop cast was not that great but did hamilton play tonight?
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                          I want them to win. I am beginning to wonder what's the point of liking the whole team? Or at least liking anyone on the stinky defense (except John Lynch). Offense is doing fine. Not the best, but definitely better than the defense.
                          What's the point of liking the whole team? Are you serious? This is a team sport in case you hadn't noticed.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
                            how was DJ?

i saw he had 7 tackles but stats don't always tell the story. and my sopcast was killing tyhe work router so i caught maybe 3 plays per quarter then it crashed again.
                            He seemed solid. Nothing spectacular, but I didn't see him out of position or missing tackles, so he definitely took a step in the right direction.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                              Good points but you have to remember that Cleveland is a bottom dweller. There Defense is not in the league with San Diego or a Dallas. So i was really disappointed this Offense that has been so hyped up has not played well. Ramsey was absolutely horrible. made some real bad decisions. We did well against there Offensive running game but who do they have again Jamal Lewis who is Definitely not the player he once was. I think part of the reason the front seven looked good is because Cleveland's O line is definitely in question. But for the most part the only player on D that i was impressed with was DJ Williams he showed better instincts out there and led the broncos in tackles
                              I agree with everything you say here... We did look better and seemed to improve. There were signs of life, even DJ looked better. But in the end it was the Cleveland Browns... and lets face it. Who wants to be equals with them?

We can and need to do better... I can see it all clicking together the team just needs more work.

Comment

Working...
                              X