Thoughts from tonight's game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tnedator View Post
    This is going nowhere, and it might be time to just move on.
    Looks like we finally agree on something.
    sigpic

Comment

We can't help you. It isn't about some wierd girl crush on individual players. If you don't understand why or how to like the 'Broncos' or another NFL team as a fan of the team, there is nothing someone can say to make you understand it.

The fact is, before you could even BEGIN to understand, you would have to change you silly name and the junk in your sig, which makes it clear that you don't 'really' want to know the answers to these questions.
      Ok, the only crush I have is the one on Jay. I am a fan of Lynch, Elam and Shanahan because I like what I see from them. I like what I see from Jay too though. Anyway, I just want people to understand that I am trying, I am making a decent effort to like this team. Hating them came easily. I do want to like them, and not just because Jay is on the team. It just bothers me that they can't seem to win. Of course, it seemed like they won more when I was against them. Anyway...
      Don't tell me to change my name or my signature, telling me that I would never understand. I've watched them lose, but now I'm still cheering for them. I cringe at bad plays and bad calls. I cheer at the first downs and the touchdowns. I know that doesn't make me a fan but I'm trying. All I asked was a simple question.

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
      I honestly have nothing good to say in response to such drivel. It's not our job to help you root for our team and "like" our players. If you really were a fan, you wouldn't ask for such a thing.
      Maybe I should have asked this question instead-
      Does the D-Line always stink this badly during pre-season?

Comment

Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
        The D-line has been bad for most of this decade. They have typically stunk equally in preseason and regular season. The hope is/was that with the offseason moves that the D-line would get better.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Ok, the only crush I have is the one on Jay. I am a fan of Lynch, Elam and Shanahan because I like what I see from them. I like what I see from Jay too though. Anyway, I just want people to understand that I am trying, I am making a decent effort to like this team. Hating them came easily. I do want to like them, and not just because Jay is on the team. It just bothers me that they can't seem to win. Of course, it seemed like they won more when I was against them. Anyway...
          Don't tell me to change my name or my signature, telling me that I would never understand. I've watched them lose, but now I'm still cheering for them. I cringe at bad plays and bad calls. I cheer at the first downs and the touchdowns. I know that doesn't make me a fan but I'm trying. All I asked was a simple question.

Huh? Hating comes easily?

Something with that statement is seriously wrong.

Comment

LOL Just look at preseason games as "Training Camp - Part 2" which it is in all reality. It is training for the players and a time for the coaches to get their final evaluations of the players. Wins or losses mean nothing, It is only a time of learning.
            A long long time Bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Krugan View Post
              Huh? Hating comes easily?

Something with that statement is seriously wrong.
              Only with football. Not in real life. I don't really hate anyone. I never had any hateful feelings towards any of the Broncos players, just the team.
              So maybe I shouldn't have used the word hate. I have just disliked the team since 1989.
              And as for the D, I think I'm getting it. They aren't the best right now, but they are working on learning a new system. So, I'll go right ahead and still work on liking the whole team. And hey ya'll, I had to start somewhere. Cutler was the beginning. I have much, much farther to go.

Comment

Only with football. Not in real life. I don't really hate anyone. I never had any hateful feelings towards any of the Broncos players, just the team.
                So maybe I shouldn't have used the word hate. I have just disliked the team since 1989.
                And as for the D, I think I'm getting it. They aren't the best right now, but they are working on learning a new system. So, I'll go right ahead and still work on liking the whole team. And hey ya'll, I had to start somewhere. Cutler was the beginning. I have much, much farther to go.
                Sorry, if I was a bit of a jerk over the weekend with my response. I was irritated by some things not related to you.

So, why have you disliked the team since '89?
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, if I was a bit of a jerk over the weekend with my response. I was irritated by some things not related to you.

So, why have you disliked the team since '89?
                  I think I've had this discussion with you before. But wasn't 1989 the year the Broncos went to the Super Bowl and lost 55-10. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to see them win their Super Bowls. I thought that it was about time. And honestly, I think it's about time again. And I would LOVE to be able to cheer for them with complete honesty.

And don't worry, I didn't shed any tears over what you said to me. Although I have before, I think.

Comment

I think I've had this discussion with you before. But wasn't 1989 the year the Broncos went to the Super Bowl and lost 55-10. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to see them win their Super Bowls. I thought that it was about time. And honestly, I think it's about time again. And I would LOVE to be able to cheer for them with complete honesty.

And don't worry, I didn't shed any tears over what you said to me. Although I have before, I think.
                    When you are old like me, it is hard to remember what you have talked about in the past.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by tnedator View Post
                      When you are old like me, it is hard to remember what you have talked about in the past.
                      So are you doing better than this weekend now?

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                        So are you doing better than this weekend now?
                        Hard to say. Considering I was up past 2:30 last night, and now past 12:30 tonight, I will probably be just as cranky.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X