Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quinn vs cutler

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this.....


    BUT.....

    Is it just me or does Cutler seem to not have that passion of the game in him? Is it that he is just a calm person? I just don't see him getting excited too often.

    I am really looking forward to seeing his progression over the next season, just something that struck me last night.

    No flaming from me but I do disagree. I see a lot of passion when he makes a great play. I see disapointment when he does poorly. The rest of the time he just seems to do his job in a workmanship like manner.
    A long long time Bronco fan.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      I guess people will find whatever they can at fault with The Denver Broncos QB. You'd rather have the Phillip Rivers act on the Broncos?

      What some call poised, others will call lack of passion.

      Such is a day in the life of a Denver Broncos QB.....
      maybe you misunderstand, you can have poise AND passion. It can be as simple as a look of disgust on your face when you make a bad throw, not saying he should walk around with that on his face oll day, but so far i have not seen it at all and even thought it was preseason, he's a second year player he should have had some sense of urgency/look of passion especially in the dallas game where they were playing so horrible.

      Not that I'm looking for a fault in him, but its clearly obvious, since im not the only one who notices it. If I wanted to argue I could say that people excuse whatever thay can with the Denver Broncos QB. Its there, but some refuse to see it, or just dont know the difference.
      Last edited by Return of Lava; 08-26-2007, 01:57 PM.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

      I tried to warn ya.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
        I'll probably get flamed for this.....


        BUT.....

        Is it just me or does Cutler seem to not have that passion of the game in him? Is it that he is just a calm person? I just don't see him getting excited too often.

        I am really looking forward to seeing his progression over the next season, just something that struck me last night.
        He might not be doing the "lights out" dance after every good play but he does show his excitement at times; check the image in my sig. Cutler seems to act like he has experienced success before and gets pumped on bigger occasions rather than every little good play. I'm fine with that.


        As to the original post's implication that Quinn is somehow better than Cutler...
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
          maybe you misunderstand, you can have poise AND passion. It can be as simple as a look of disgust on your face when you make a bad throw, not saying he should walk around with that on his face oll day, but so far i have not seen it at all and even thought it was preseason, he's a second year player he should have had some sense of urgency/look of passion especially in the dallas game where they were playing so horrible.

          Not that I'm looking for a fault in him, but its clearly obvious, since im not the only one who notices it. If I wanted to argue I could say that people excuse whatever thay can with the Denver Broncos QB. Its there, but some refuse to see it, or just dont know the difference.
          We can argue all you want, Lava.

          I'd just rather have a QB that is calm, cool and poised. Not some Phillip Rivers that jumps around like Richard Simmons after every single play.

          Btw, you're clearly not watching close enough to see Cutlers reaction to plays that go good and bad, his interaction with his teammates and his bumping his gums at defenders. The "chest bump" has been played out, there is enough passion there.

          I'm not saying that what you like in a QB is wrong....I'm just saying you're wrong!

          Look closer.....

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by stnzed View Post
            I'm not saying that what you like in a QB is wrong....I'm just saying you're wrong!
            LOL

            I didnt even start this topic, but I cant be wrong cause there are a lot of others that noticed it too...there must be something that triggered that feeling that he has no passion.

            But anyway, yeah I like emotion, not QB's who seem to walk away with the same demenor whether they win or lose.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

            I tried to warn ya.

            Comment


            • #21
              I'm not saying I dont like Cutler, I do, he's young and got good qualities, he just dosent have enough emotion, which is my opinion. I still think he will do well for us. Like at RB, I actually dont like Travis Henry at all, but I still think he will do well. You know my approval means a lot though.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

              I tried to warn ya.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                LOL

                I didnt even start this topic, but I cant be wrong cause there are a lot of others that noticed it too...there must be something that triggered that feeling that he has no passion.

                But anyway, yeah I like emotion, not QB's who seem to walk away with the same demenor whether they win or lose.

                You can't be wrong if someone else noticed it too? More than one person can't be wrong? David Hasselhoff is huge in Germany, does that mean he a great singer? No, because millions of people can be wrong about one thing.

                What kind of arguement is that?

                Might as well admit it now, you'll be looking for chinks in his armor as long as he's the QB.

                Maybe the Broncos could sign Kordell Stewart, he's got plenty of passion.....
                Last edited by stnzed; 08-26-2007, 05:15 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Brady Quinn looks just as good as Jay Cutler looked last pre-season...Quinn not being the starter is going to create an uproar in Cleveland..doesn't that sound fimiliar?!..
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
                    I'll probably get flamed for this.....


                    BUT.....

                    Is it just me or does Cutler seem to not have that passion of the game in him? Is it that he is just a calm person? I just don't see him getting excited too often.

                    I am really looking forward to seeing his progression over the next season, just something that struck me last night.
                    I know what you mean, but me being just like Jay in the way where I don't get super excited when I make a great play, I still think he has the passion for the game. I'm starting safety for my HS and I never get excited, but I love the game.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                      You can't be wrong if someone else noticed it too? More than one person can't be wrong? David Hasselhoff is huge in Germany, does that mean he a great singer?

                      What kind of arguement is that?

                      Might as well admit it now, you'll be looking for chinks in his armor as long as he's the QB.

                      Maybe the Broncos could sign Kordell Stewart, he's got plenty of passion.....
                      if there is a guy sitting next to me that is musty, and someone sitting on the other side of him comes over to me later and says, "was that guy smellin musty or what!" then its very much possible that he was musty ok.
                      Last edited by Return of Lava; 08-26-2007, 03:00 PM.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                      I tried to warn ya.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Watch the Cleveland game again. He does get emotional. He doesn't get over emotional though like some others do. I saw him when a great throw was dropped by Javon, he was rather disappointed in incompletion.

                        I expect Cutler to have a good year but, we will all see sign's of a rookie now and again. It's also completely possible for him to have a bad year even though from what I have seen that is unlikely.

                        I wasn't really sure about Quinn coming out of college. Then with the hold out for the browns. I was impressed with how he proformed in both the games he played and looks good for now. Cleveland might have got a steal at QB if he becomes what I am sure the fans hope he is.

                        I may not post on here a lot but i read a ton of what others have to say and I am more worried about the fans this year then I am about the poor performance of the pro's on the Bronco's.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
                          I'll probably get flamed for this.....

                          BUT.....

                          does Cutler seem to not have that passion of the game in him...just something that struck me last night.
                          No you get :thumb: :thumb: for your keen observation. All others are in denial. Shannahan will not put up with a timid QB and you can bet he will get benched for Quinn...its just a matter of time before this happens. I believe Shanny already has a special play up his sleeve designed just for Merriman to take care of his dirty laundry come Oct. 7th.

                          ..."I can't hear you...."


                          after Cutler gets RANSACKED and fumbles to.......you know who....
                          Last edited by BOLT-MAN; 08-26-2007, 03:20 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                            if there is a guy sitting next to me that is musty, and someone sitting on the other side of him comes over to me later and says, "was that guy smellin musty or what!" then its very much possible that he was musty ok.


                            ?.......Hahahahahahahah! What the ____?

                            You got me there! Game over, I guess! :thumb:


                            Look, just forget I said anything. .....

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by BOLT-MAN View Post
                              No you get :thumb: :thumb: for your keen observation. All others are in denial. Shannahan will not put up with a timid QB and you can bet he will get benched for Quinn...its just a matter of time before this happens. I believe Shanny already has a special play up his sleeve designed just for Merriman to take care of his dirty laundry come Oct. 7th.
                              what in the hell are you talking about

                              charger fans, i'll tell you
                              sigpic
                              -------

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BOLT-MAN View Post
                                No you get :thumb: :thumb: for your keen observation. All others are in denial. Shannahan will not put up with a timid QB and you can bet he will get benched for Quinn...its just a matter of time before this happens. I believe Shanny already has a special play up his sleeve designed just for Merriman to take care of his dirty laundry come Oct. 7th.

                                I'm sorry I must have missed something here. When did we pull off a trade for Quinn? Who did we give up? Has Shanny already lost confidence in Cutler? Or are you just that stupid? lol.

                                As for Quinn I watched the game today on NFL Network and during the second half they played the Browns broadcast so I got to here their side of it all. They kept saying they were giving him easy plays and that they wanted the coaching staff to step it up with him. If you watch it again you will agree he didn't do much. Alot of his team mates stepped it up and made some great plays. Was he good? Was he effcient? You bet, but he wasn't spectactular. His TD pass was a simple dump off that his wideout made some fancy moves to get in the endzone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X