Preseason or No Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason or No Preseason

Whats with the excuse that its preseason so its no big deal? We are losing games, so what does that mean? Other tems dont follow that same line of thinking. They are ready for the season, they already on win streaks. They are ahead of us and I dont like it. Other than that its not like we were just playing around in these games. i think thats a weak excuse, what the purpose of having camp and preseason if they arent gonna try.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
    Whats with the excuse that its preseason so its no big deal? We are losing games, so what does that mean? Other tems dont follow that same line of thinking. They are ready for the season, they already on win streaks. They are ahead of us and I dont like it. Other than that its not like we were just playing around in these games. i think thats a weak excuse, what the purpose of having camp and preseason if they arent gonna try.
    While i hate defending a rival, i will say that ALL the teams give it a try in preseason, especially the rookies. I think the difference is, teams aren't going to go all out during preseason... just look at what happened to the redskins last year. Gibbs wanted portis in there, and portis ends up getting injured. Now, i understand wanting to see better play out of certain areas of your team, but you really can't judge how good a certain unit is until the regular season starts.
    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Last preseason:
      Colts 1-3
      Raiders 4-0

R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by BleedforBroncos View Post
        Last preseason:
        Colts 1-3
        Raiders 4-0
        all that needed to be said . . . . close this tread now

cp for you just making that blatantly obvious
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

The pre-season means nothing because veterans whose jobs are secure are only trying to avoid injury and get ready for the regular season. Champ Bailey had an article in the News the other day that said just that.

He was complaining that the pre-season was just a chance for injury in a game for which he's not even being paid. Think he's going all out? Fat chance!

Rookies and FAs are trying to make the team. That's what pre-season is for.

Winning and losing has NOTHING to do with it and will have NOTHING to do with how the Broncos play in the regular season.

Sometimes a team sucks in pre-season and sucks during the regular season. But, sometimes a team will do great in the pre-season, but suck in the regular season like the Raiders did last year.

Then again, sometimes a team will suck in pre-season and win the SB like the Colts did. People were complaining about how bad the Patriots looked in the pre-season in 2004 too.

Pre-season just has NO predictive force. About the only thing you can tell is if a player is playing well or not. Sometimes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
            The pre-season means nothing because veterans whose jobs are secure are only trying to avoid injury and get ready for the regular season. Champ Bailey had an article in the News the other day that said just that.

He was complaining that the pre-season was just a chance for injury in a game for which he's not even being paid. Think he's going all out? Fat chance!

Winning and losing has NOTHING to do with it and will have NOTHING to do with how the Broncos play in the regular season.

Sometimes a team sucks in pre-season and sucks during the regular season. But, sometimes a team will do great in the pre-season, but suck in the regular season like the Raiders did last year.

Then again, sometimes a team will suck in pre-season and win the SB like the Colts did. People were complaining about how bad the Patriots looked in the pre-season in 2004 too.

Pre-season just has NO predictive force. About the only thing you can tell is if a player is playing well or not. Sometimes.
            i agree preseason is way more of an oportunity to evaluate individual players rather than the team as a whole

i mean thats basically how they decide who they will be cutting come that time of the year

but i hope they leave preseason alone it is a nice warm up to the preseason, imagine if we went straight from training camp to games

it would be sloppy for nearly every team, this picks up the speed from training camp and then provides good intro into the regular season
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

I guess someone forgot to tell the Colts last night it was preseason when they manhandled the Lions.

Comment

Hopefully Cutler will show more passion in the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                  all that needed to be said . . . . close this tread now

cp for you just making that blatantly obvious
                  See here is the thing, Im sure you will be part of the many who wont be able to understand why the same problems that happened in preseason are happening come opening day

Are we as air-tight as the colts?

Didnt think so

Keep the thread open
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post

The point is Bates and ther broncos said they were looking for improvement in the browns game, especially on D. There was hardly any improvement to be seen, and all of a sudden it was because it was preseason, its a poor excuse people need to stop using.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

if winning mattered we wouldnt have gone for 2 yesterday.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

See here is the thing, Im sure you will be part of the many who wont be able to understand why the same problems that happened in preseason are happening come opening day

Are we as air-tight as the colts?

Didnt think so

Keep the thread open

2006 preseason.

New England Patriots 2-2
                        New York Jets 2-2
                        Baltimore Ravens 2-2
                        Indianapolis Colts 1-3
                        San Diego Chargers 2-2
                        Kansas City Chiefs 2-2
                        Philadelphia Eagles 2-3
                        Chicago Bears 2-2
                        New Orleans Saints 1-3
                        Seatle Seahawks 2-2

All playoff teams. All with avergae preseason records or worse. All looked marginal at best during the preseason.

Apparently you don;t understand that the problems teams have in preseason usually don't carry into the regular season. In this case, it seems to be a rare transfer over.

Terrible argument.

Comment

The point is Bates and ther broncos said they were looking for improvement in the browns game, especially on D. There was hardly any improvement to be seen, and all of a sudden it was because it was preseason, its a poor excuse people need to stop using.
                          Yes, there was improvement.

24 points allowed versus Cowboys' starters.
                          10 points allowed versus Browns' starters.

4.6 yards per carry allowed versus Cowboys' starters.
                          3.8 yards per carry allowed versus Browns' starters.

1 sack against Cowboys' starters.
                          4 sacks against Browns' starters.

Obviously there's still a lot to work on (3rd down defense, in particular) but there was definite improvement from the last game to this one.

The defense is a work in progress. They should continue to improve the more they play this season. The biggest question is just how long we can survive while the defense adjusts to the new system?
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by BleedforBroncos View Post
                            Last preseason:
                            Colts 1-3
                            Raiders 4-0

topic closed & thread ended. preseason records mean nothing.

thank you come again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
                              topic closed & thread ended. preseason records mean nothing.

thank you come again.
                              Preseason records mean nothing. Preseason play does. There is a difference.
                              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X