Baltimore Ravens 2-2
    Indianapolis Colts 1-3
    San Diego Chargers 2-2
    Kansas City Chiefs 2-2
    Philadelphia Eagles 2-3
    Chicago Bears 2-2
    New Orleans Saints 1-3
    Seatle Seahawks 2-2

All playoff teams. All with avergae preseason records or worse. All looked marginal at best during the preseason.

Apparently you don;t understand that the problems teams have in preseason usually don't carry into the regular season. In this case, it seems to be a rare transfer over.

Terrible argument.
    You dont understand

Its not the wins im concerned about, why would you spout off a bunch of records at me. i dont care that we are 1-2, but I care that we say we are gonna try to improve the defense and still teh defense is weak, and everybody chalks it up to preseason. Its not valid. Know the argument before you try to deem it terrible ok?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator View Post
      Preseason records mean nothing. Preseason play does. There is a difference.
      i agree

preseason records mean nothing.
      sigpic

Comment

Preseason records mean nothing. Preseason play does. There is a difference.
        Agreed. but it is truly preseason. we should be working on getting better and while were doing that. we are still not up to point. better to go against the bills then the colts in week one
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Kind of agree

I kind of agree with you. The more you win the more contagious it gets. The only big difference I see is that our starters (especially our RB's) are not playing for very long. So, most of the game is our bench. Our defense I think needs to play a little more. They are not that cohessive right now. They don't look that sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
            i agree

preseason records mean nothing.

And what makes you have a losing record? Bad play.
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
              Agreed. but it is truly preseason. we should be working on getting better and while were doing that. we are still not up to point. better to go against the bills then the colts in week one
              I wish the Colts were week 12 or so, rather than 3 or 4 or whenever we face them. Based on what we have seen in preseason, I am guessing that the team will be much better in the second half of the season than the first half.
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

That is exactly right

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
                if winning mattered we wouldnt have gone for 2 yesterday.

They went for 2 because they didn't want a preseason game to go into overtime.

If they wanted to win that badly they would've kicked the extra point and took it to overtime....

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
                  I guess someone forgot to tell the Colts last night it was preseason when they manhandled the Lions.
                  The Colts did look exceptionally good last night. The 2 end zone passes in the red zone by Manning to opposite corners of the end-zone were perfectly thrown balls that epitomize the offenses advantage over otherwise good defensive coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                    i dont care that we are 1-2, but I care that we say we are gonna try to improve the defense and still teh defense is weak, and everybody chalks it up to preseason. Its not valid. Know the argument before you try to deem it terrible ok?
                    I dont know how the defense is going to be once the season starts, but if you honestly believe that Denver is going to approach defense the same way come week 1 as they are right now in the preseason, you don't have a clue as to what the purpose of preseason is.

Comment

I think the problem with preseason is fans put way too much stock into it, and freak out when they see things that aren't really there (see the numerous threads on these boards for proof of that). Sometimes preseason woes carry over into the regular season. Sometimes they don't. As another poster pointed out, last season, Indy went 1-3 in the preseason, whereas Oakland went 4-0, and which one was Super Bowl champion? You can say that preseason record doesn't matter, it's all about play. Well, Oakland had to play pretty well to get to a 4-0 record in preseason, but all that amounted to nothing in the regular season. Yeah, there are some concerns and inconsistent play with Denver right now, but that's to be expected with all the turnover we had in the offseason. I, personally, wouldn't mind seeing the NFL drop two of the preseason games in favor of adding a 17th or 18th game to the schedule. But that's just my opinion.
                      sigpic

Comment

I wish the Colts were week 12 or so, rather than 3 or 4 or whenever we face them. Based on what we have seen in preseason, I am guessing that the team will be much better in the second half of the season than the first half.
                        eh...the colts are playing terrible in preseason too at a 1-2 record. but come regular season i doubt this will be the case. if we dont have it together by the time we play them in week 3 or 4 then i dont see us being a playoff contender.

even if we finally get it together by the 2nd half of the season there are still many valuable games we can not afford to lose in the 1st half. i hope we come out strong our first game of the year this year against the bills.
                        sigpic

Comment

God this is getting old...

Our defensive personnel is more or less as good as it was last year, and our DC is worlds better. Our defense will almost certainly be better this year than it was last year. In other words it will be, at a minimum, above-average. Stop worrying so much.
                          Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                            Whats with the excuse that its preseason so its no big deal? We are losing games, so what does that mean? Other tems dont follow that same line of thinking. They are ready for the season, they already on win streaks. They are ahead of us and I dont like it. Other than that its not like we were just playing around in these games. i think thats a weak excuse, what the purpose of having camp and preseason if they arent gonna try.
                            because the purpose of the pre-season isn't really for the coaches and the team. The team doesn't need the pre-season games, its for the fans, the promotion of the NFl, and for owners to be able to sell tickets to at least 2 more games.

The other teams are ready for the season? They are already on win streaks? You mean like that 4 game win streak the Raiders went on during the pre-season last year? You mean like that 0-4 losing streak that the Colts went on last year bfore the regular season??? "if we aren't going to try".......... because pre-season games mean SQUAT. Some feel they want to win.. other don't..... so what.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                              I dont know how the defense is going to be once the season starts, but if you honestly believe that Denver is going to approach defense the same way come week 1 as they are right now in the preseason, you don't have a clue as to what the purpose of preseason is.
                              good post.......

Comment

to me, what preseason is about is finding the little pieces of gold, like letting mike bell playing for a rosterspot last season, or giving marques colston in the saints a chance to show what he could do

Comment

Working...
                                X