X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
    i dont care that we are 1-2, but I care that we say we are gonna try to improve the defense and still teh defense is weak, and everybody chalks it up to preseason. Its not valid. Know the argument before you try to deem it terrible ok?
    I dont know how the defense is going to be once the season starts, but if you honestly believe that Denver is going to approach defense the same way come week 1 as they are right now in the preseason, you don't have a clue as to what the purpose of preseason is.

Leave a comment:

• ROCKIES
    replied
    Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
    I guess someone forgot to tell the Colts last night it was preseason when they manhandled the Lions.
    The Colts did look exceptionally good last night. The 2 end zone passes in the red zone by Manning to opposite corners of the end-zone were perfectly thrown balls that epitomize the offenses advantage over otherwise good defensive coverage.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    That is exactly right

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
    if winning mattered we wouldnt have gone for 2 yesterday.

They went for 2 because they didn't want a preseason game to go into overtime.

If they wanted to win that badly they would've kicked the extra point and took it to overtime....

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    Agreed. but it is truly preseason. we should be working on getting better and while were doing that. we are still not up to point. better to go against the bills then the colts in week one
    I wish the Colts were week 12 or so, rather than 3 or 4 or whenever we face them. Based on what we have seen in preseason, I am guessing that the team will be much better in the second half of the season than the first half.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
    i agree

preseason records mean nothing.

And what makes you have a losing record? Bad play.

Leave a comment:

• rburklo
    replied
    Kind of agree

I kind of agree with you. The more you win the more contagious it gets. The only big difference I see is that our starters (especially our RB's) are not playing for very long. So, most of the game is our bench. Our defense I think needs to play a little more. They are not that cohessive right now. They don't look that sharp.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator View Post
    Preseason records mean nothing. Preseason play does. There is a difference.
    Agreed. but it is truly preseason. we should be working on getting better and while were doing that. we are still not up to point. better to go against the bills then the colts in week one

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator View Post
    i agree

preseason records mean nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    2006 preseason.

New England Patriots 2-2
    New York Jets 2-2
    Baltimore Ravens 2-2
    Indianapolis Colts 1-3
    San Diego Chargers 2-2
    Kansas City Chiefs 2-2
    Philadelphia Eagles 2-3
    Chicago Bears 2-2
    New Orleans Saints 1-3
    Seatle Seahawks 2-2

All playoff teams. All with avergae preseason records or worse. All looked marginal at best during the preseason.

Apparently you don;t understand that the problems teams have in preseason usually don't carry into the regular season. In this case, it seems to be a rare transfer over.

Terrible argument.
    You dont understand

Its not the wins im concerned about, why would you spout off a bunch of records at me. i dont care that we are 1-2, but I care that we say we are gonna try to improve the defense and still teh defense is weak, and everybody chalks it up to preseason. Its not valid. Know the argument before you try to deem it terrible ok?

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
    topic closed & thread ended. preseason records mean nothing.

thank you come again.

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    Originally posted by BleedforBroncos View Post
    Last preseason:
    Colts 1-3
    Raiders 4-0

topic closed & thread ended. preseason records mean nothing.

thank you come again.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    The point is Bates and ther broncos said they were looking for improvement in the browns game, especially on D. There was hardly any improvement to be seen, and all of a sudden it was because it was preseason, its a poor excuse people need to stop using.
    Yes, there was improvement.

24 points allowed versus Cowboys' starters.
    10 points allowed versus Browns' starters.

4.6 yards per carry allowed versus Cowboys' starters.
    3.8 yards per carry allowed versus Browns' starters.

1 sack against Cowboys' starters.
    4 sacks against Browns' starters.

Obviously there's still a lot to work on (3rd down defense, in particular) but there was definite improvement from the last game to this one.

The defense is a work in progress. They should continue to improve the more they play this season. The biggest question is just how long we can survive while the defense adjusts to the new system?

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    See here is the thing, Im sure you will be part of the many who wont be able to understand why the same problems that happened in preseason are happening come opening day

Are we as air-tight as the colts?

Didnt think so

Keep the thread open

2006 preseason.

New England Patriots 2-2
    New York Jets 2-2
    Baltimore Ravens 2-2
    Indianapolis Colts 1-3
    San Diego Chargers 2-2
    Kansas City Chiefs 2-2
    Philadelphia Eagles 2-3
    Chicago Bears 2-2
    New Orleans Saints 1-3
    Seatle Seahawks 2-2

All playoff teams. All with avergae preseason records or worse. All looked marginal at best during the preseason.

Apparently you don;t understand that the problems teams have in preseason usually don't carry into the regular season. In this case, it seems to be a rare transfer over.

Terrible argument.

Leave a comment:

• Doggcow
    replied
    if winning mattered we wouldnt have gone for 2 yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel View Post
    The pre-season means nothing because veterans whose jobs are secure are only trying to avoid injury and get ready for the regular season. Champ Bailey had an article in the News the other day that said just that.

He was complaining that the pre-season was just a chance for injury in a game for which he's not even being paid. Think he's going all out? Fat chance!

Rookies and FAs are trying to make the team. That's what pre-season is for.

Winning and losing has NOTHING to do with it and will have NOTHING to do with how the Broncos play in the regular season.

Sometimes a team sucks in pre-season and sucks during the regular season. But, sometimes a team will do great in the pre-season, but suck in the regular season like the Raiders did last year.

Then again, sometimes a team will suck in pre-season and win the SB like the Colts did. People were complaining about how bad the Patriots looked in the pre-season in 2004 too.

Pre-season just has NO predictive force. About the only thing you can tell is if a player is playing well or not. Sometimes.
    The point is Bates and ther broncos said they were looking for improvement in the browns game, especially on D. There was hardly any improvement to be seen, and all of a sudden it was because it was preseason, its a poor excuse people need to stop using.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X