• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    all that needed to be said . . . . close this tread now

cp for you just making that blatantly obvious
    See here is the thing, Im sure you will be part of the many who wont be able to understand why the same problems that happened in preseason are happening come opening day

Are we as air-tight as the colts?

Didnt think so

Keep the thread open

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Hopefully Cutler will show more passion in the regular season.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad Broncofan
    replied
    I guess someone forgot to tell the Colts last night it was preseason when they manhandled the Lions.

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel View Post
    The pre-season means nothing because veterans whose jobs are secure are only trying to avoid injury and get ready for the regular season. Champ Bailey had an article in the News the other day that said just that.

He was complaining that the pre-season was just a chance for injury in a game for which he's not even being paid. Think he's going all out? Fat chance!

Rookies and FAs are trying to make the team. That's what pre-season is for.

Winning and losing has NOTHING to do with it and will have NOTHING to do with how the Broncos play in the regular season.

Sometimes a team sucks in pre-season and sucks during the regular season. But, sometimes a team will do great in the pre-season, but suck in the regular season like the Raiders did last year.

Then again, sometimes a team will suck in pre-season and win the SB like the Colts did. People were complaining about how bad the Patriots looked in the pre-season in 2004 too.

Pre-season just has NO predictive force. About the only thing you can tell is if a player is playing well or not. Sometimes.
    i agree preseason is way more of an oportunity to evaluate individual players rather than the team as a whole

i mean thats basically how they decide who they will be cutting come that time of the year

but i hope they leave preseason alone it is a nice warm up to the preseason, imagine if we went straight from training camp to games

it would be sloppy for nearly every team, this picks up the speed from training camp and then provides good intro into the regular season

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    The pre-season means nothing because veterans whose jobs are secure are only trying to avoid injury and get ready for the regular season. Champ Bailey had an article in the News the other day that said just that.

He was complaining that the pre-season was just a chance for injury in a game for which he's not even being paid. Think he's going all out? Fat chance!

Rookies and FAs are trying to make the team. That's what pre-season is for.

Winning and losing has NOTHING to do with it and will have NOTHING to do with how the Broncos play in the regular season.

Sometimes a team sucks in pre-season and sucks during the regular season. But, sometimes a team will do great in the pre-season, but suck in the regular season like the Raiders did last year.

Then again, sometimes a team will suck in pre-season and win the SB like the Colts did. People were complaining about how bad the Patriots looked in the pre-season in 2004 too.

Pre-season just has NO predictive force. About the only thing you can tell is if a player is playing well or not. Sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by BleedforBroncos View Post
    Last preseason:
    Colts 1-3
    Raiders 4-0
    all that needed to be said . . . . close this tread now

cp for you just making that blatantly obvious

Leave a comment:

• BleedforBroncos
    replied
    Last preseason:
    Colts 1-3
    Raiders 4-0

Leave a comment:

• OaklandxxRaider
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
    Whats with the excuse that its preseason so its no big deal? We are losing games, so what does that mean? Other tems dont follow that same line of thinking. They are ready for the season, they already on win streaks. They are ahead of us and I dont like it. Other than that its not like we were just playing around in these games. i think thats a weak excuse, what the purpose of having camp and preseason if they arent gonna try.
    While i hate defending a rival, i will say that ALL the teams give it a try in preseason, especially the rookies. I think the difference is, teams aren't going to go all out during preseason... just look at what happened to the redskins last year. Gibbs wanted portis in there, and portis ends up getting injured. Now, i understand wanting to see better play out of certain areas of your team, but you really can't judge how good a certain unit is until the regular season starts.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    started a topic Preseason or No Preseason

Preseason or No Preseason

Whats with the excuse that its preseason so its no big deal? We are losing games, so what does that mean? Other tems dont follow that same line of thinking. They are ready for the season, they already on win streaks. They are ahead of us and I dont like it. Other than that its not like we were just playing around in these games. i think thats a weak excuse, what the purpose of having camp and preseason if they arent gonna try.
Working...
X