• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first cuts are in: Lang and Veal

Not a lot of detail but here it is:
    http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Broncos Cut Lang, Veal

Sunday, 26 Aug 2007

FOX 31's Josina Anderson and Eric Goodman have confirmed that defensive end Kenard Lang and defensive tackle Demetrin Veal were cut from the Broncos squad Sunday.

You heard it here first. (It pays to keep your eyes on our Blogs!)

We'll bring you more information as it becomes available.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

There was someone on here arguing that there was no way Veal was going to cut. Woops!
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
      Not a lot of detail but here it is:
      That is very surprising considering the injury to Ekuban, but surprising in a pleasant way. That means Denver is determined to go with their young guys, which in the long run, will be positive.
      sigpic

Comment

Simple case of not fitting the system. He was one of our top 2 DT's for the last few years. He'll catch on elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          That is very surprising considering the injury to Ekuban, but surprising in a pleasant way. That means Denver is determined to go with their young guys, which in the long run, will be positive.
          Crowder is Ekuban part II so things aren't as bad as people think. The defense is slowly coming together a game at a time and by midseason we'll have a better feel for how they're really going to look. Our front line will be much better by then.
          KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
            There was someone on here arguing that there was no way Veal was going to cut. Woops!
            I'm a bit surprised considering the role both plaid last year, but I guess with the new additions to the line, rookies and FAs, there are only so many spots.
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

It must be blind loyalty because he hasn't been on the field much this preseason.

Comment

I didn't really think Veal would make the team. I was never much of a fan of him. I am a little surprised with Lang. I liked him and his attitude. But its a business. I wish them both the best of luck elsewhere.
                Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                  I didn't really think Veal would make the team. I was never much of a fan of him. I am a little surprised with Lang. I liked him and his attitude. But its a business. I wish them both the best of luck elsewhere.
                  Thanks for posting.
                  Well, that, and they wouldn't have cut these guys if they felt they were really contributing to the team.
                  sigpic

Comment

'Twasn't me! Actually, I don't remember hearing Veal's name mentioned most of preseason and not much in your reports. With all the linemen we had he seemed to just get lost in the shuffle.

Lang surprises me a tad just because with Ekuban's injury I thought Lang might fill the void for his veteran presence. Looks like Engelberger starting this preseason wasn't just a motivational ploy.
                    ------

Comment

good to see the released him sooner than later. at least lang will get picked up with whoever he wants.

so are we going to head into the season with hopes that moss and crowder are the answer? or are we eyeing another de via free agent?

im not suprised with veal.
                      sigpic

Comment

This also opens the door for Denver to sign Simeon Rice...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          This also opens the door for Denver to sign Simeon Rice...
                          Personally, I don't believe DE is our problem. It's DT we need more bulk and explosiveness. I won't be surprised to see the Broncos scouring the upcoming cuts for a serviceable veteran. That doesn't mean we'll find anyone worthwhile, though.

With Rice's shoulder problem lingering, I really don't know what his future holds. I sure would have like to have him in his heyday. Now I'm not so sure.
                          ------

Comment

I wouldn't mind Simeon Rice but he can be lazy. He's a great pass rusher but he doesn't seem to be as good vs the Run. Everyone hears about him because he is always after the QB(which is what we need right now). But he Tends to take some plays off.

I would love to have him in Denver though.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                              Personally, I don't believe DE is our problem. It's DT we need more bulk and explosiveness. I won't be surprised to see the Broncos scouring the upcoming cuts for a serviceable veteran. That doesn't mean we'll find anyone worthwhile, though.

With Rice's shoulder problem lingering, I really don't know what his future holds. I sure would have like to have him in his heyday. Now I'm not so sure.
                              Believe me, I'm not advocating for us to sign Rice. I'm just saying that rumors state Denver is interested in him, and this would be a step in the direction to get him on the team.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X