X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    Crowder is Ekuban part II so things aren't as bad as people think. The defense is slowly coming together a game at a time and by midseason we'll have a better feel for how they're really going to look. Our front line will be much better by then.

Personally, I hope our team gets thing in gear before Game 9.

Leave a comment:

• Gurada
    replied
    I didn't expect Veal to make the team, and despite rumors of Lang's soon-to-be departure I still thought that he'd make the team...unless they are keeping more depth elsewhere, or are making room for someone else.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    And now, unless I'm mistaken, Alvin McKinley is now the last Brownco standing.

Unless we kidnapped a couple of their D-Linemen after Saturday's game!
    Amon Gordan as well.

Leave a comment:

• gyldenlove
    replied
    YES, the means more playing time for Dumervil. He will get 10+ sacks this year EASY!

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Believe me, I'm not advocating for us to sign Rice. I'm just saying that rumors state Denver is interested in him, and this would be a step in the direction to get him on the team.
    That's good point however, it could also mean that Shanahan and Bates are comfortable with the defensive ends we already have.

Leave a comment:

• nashmanzl
    replied
    During this tedious OFF SEASON I managed to get fan fair tickets in trade for a computer repair. So I take the family with, and we proceed to spend an hour waiting in line for a picture with someone whom I barely know and my family surely doesn't. None of us wanted to wait in another line after that, so it's the only pic we got all day, and then we had to pay $17.00 for it! Now he's been CUT? How nice...
    Enjoy my sig pic.

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    And now, unless I'm mistaken, Alvin McKinley is now the last Brownco standing.

Unless we kidnapped a couple of their D-Linemen after Saturday's game!

Leave a comment:

• columbiaskinny
    replied
    It seemed the writing was on the wall for Lang. Hated to see it happen to such a classy guy.

Loved his attitude. Best of luck to Kenard.

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    replied
    This also opens the door for Denver to sign Simeon Rice...
    NOOOOOOOO!!! That would be Dale Carter revisited.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    i think it shows that someone is content with what we have and think it can work. ekuban's not a bad player, not as bad as alot of players who will get cut around this time. and we just had dline injuries, too. so i think the staff's happy with moss, elvis, crowder, adams, thomas, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Morambar
    replied
    Yeah, I won't miss Veal much; I'm not sure if he was our 2nd or 3rd best DT the last few years, but either way that had more to do with how awful Myers and the other scrubs beside Warren were than how good he was. At 288 (IIRC) he definitely wasn't the kind of clogger Bates wants at DT; I just hope Gordon and/or Burton are better in that capacity than they were in that of UT.

The Lang cut is a little more surprising, but most seem to feel he wasn't the kind of run stopper Ekuban was, and that made him a pass rusher; we've got tons of pass rushers now, and while none have his experience, they don't have his paycheck either. Time will tell the wisdom of the decision but my main concerns remain those of last season: QUALITY depth at MLB and DTs to allow those pass rushers to do their job. The only thing that's really changed is that the loss of Ekuban makes Engleburger and (maybe) Crowder our only real run stoppers, so I wouldn't mind a third, and if these cuts make that possible I'm all for 'em.

Gimme Trotter (or the equivalent), a younger Sam Adams and a stand in for Ekuban and I'll feel a lot better. We are going to have to pay for 'em though.

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
    good to see the released him sooner than later. at least lang will get picked up with whoever he wants.
    Yeah this was a respect move to Lang. It lets him have more time to get in with a team.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    Personally, I don't believe DE is our problem. It's DT we need more bulk and explosiveness. I won't be surprised to see the Broncos scouring the upcoming cuts for a serviceable veteran. That doesn't mean we'll find anyone worthwhile, though.

With Rice's shoulder problem lingering, I really don't know what his future holds. I sure would have like to have him in his heyday. Now I'm not so sure.
    Believe me, I'm not advocating for us to sign Rice. I'm just saying that rumors state Denver is interested in him, and this would be a step in the direction to get him on the team.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
    replied
    I wouldn't mind Simeon Rice but he can be lazy. He's a great pass rusher but he doesn't seem to be as good vs the Run. Everyone hears about him because he is always after the QB(which is what we need right now). But he Tends to take some plays off.

I would love to have him in Denver though.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    This also opens the door for Denver to sign Simeon Rice...
    Personally, I don't believe DE is our problem. It's DT we need more bulk and explosiveness. I won't be surprised to see the Broncos scouring the upcoming cuts for a serviceable veteran. That doesn't mean we'll find anyone worthwhile, though.

With Rice's shoulder problem lingering, I really don't know what his future holds. I sure would have like to have him in his heyday. Now I'm not so sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X