Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is a thought! / Selvin Young should make the team! (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a thought! / Selvin Young should make the team! (Merged)

Not sure if anyone posted this or not. But man what a rock solid back that Young kid is! I agree with some posts in here that Mike Bell may go but do not be to quick with that assumption. I think we could keep Bell and young under Henry. That then means it would come down to Cecil Sapp and Cobb. IMO it will be Cobb.
    Back to what I was saying about this Young kid. He has come out of nowhere and he seems to fit here really well. In all honesty if Henry cannot stay healthy I could see Young being the rb of our future. We would have a core on our offense that would be young and would have a chance to gel together and become great. Any thoughts? Am I crazy or do you see the potential in this guy?
    sigpic

Selvin Young should make the team! (Merged)

The staff would be nuts if they think he will clear waivers! This kid is going to be a special player if he can stay healthy! He's a better talent than any back we have with the exception of TH.

Comment

He was undrafted for a reason. He won't be a "special" player in this league, he'll be an average backup with exceptional speed at best.
      sigpic

Comment

Hes played one game. I guess this is why your not the GM.

Comment

he will not be special

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
            He was undrafted for a reason. He won't be a "special" player in this league, he'll be an average backup with exceptional speed at best.
            I am not defending or going against Selvin here, but are all of these responses honestly saying that an undrafted guy can't do anything in this league.

I would imagine that if anyone would know differently it would be fans of this team. Late round and undrafted guys have been some of our best players over the last 2 decades...

Comment

he did really good!!! i think he should make the team! he proved his self that he could get the job done!

GO BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
                The staff would be nuts if they think he will clear waivers! This kid is going to be a special player if he can stay healthy! He's a better talent than any back we have with the exception of TH.
                I'm not so sure he will be special, but he is looking like he will make the team.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                  I am not defending or going against Selvin here, but are all of these responses honestly saying that an undrafted guy can't do anything in this league.

I would imagine that if anyone would know differently it would be fans of this team. Late round and undrafted guys have been some of our best players over the last 2 decades...
                  Rod is a once in a lifetime type player. And while I admit that Shanny does a damn good job of getting the most talent out of his UDFAs or late round draft picks, I just don't see Selvin being "special"

He'll be alright, but not special. Everyone was thinking the same about Mike Bell last year
                  sigpic

Comment

1 game...hold your horses

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Comment

there are a number of players in the NFL that were not drafted and have VERY good success. Many DL, OL... but the most notable is not Rod Smith.. but Kurt Warner.

So we are saying they will cut Sapp for Selvin? who will be the man out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        there are a number of players in the NFL that were not drafted and have VERY good success. Many DL, OL... but the most notable is not Rod Smith.. but Kurt Warner.

So we are saying they will cut Sapp for Selvin? who will be the man out?
                        wasnt willie parker undrafted? or a late round pick i cant remember
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisSimpy View Post
                          wasnt willie parker undrafted? or a late round pick i cant remember
                          Undrafted. Parker was inconsistant in college and was benched his senior year I think.

Young doesn't have the physical skills that Parker has though.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                            Undrafted. Parker was inconsistant in college and was benched his senior year I think.

Young doesn't have the physical skills that Parker has though.
                            oh I know Im not on the selvin young bandwagon was just stating that there was another great player that was undrafted.
                            sigpic

Comment

It was just one game!! but i dis-agree that because he was not drafted means he cant make it. jamal anderson, TD, willie parker just to name a few if you went by what people said about them coming in to the nfl then they wouldnt have made it. He had injury issues at texas, every year he was there that is the reason he was not drafted!!

The guy has played one game!!! He looked pretty good in that 1 game!! I think he will make the team, but just because i see sapp going back to fullback and being our starter there. Johnson just doesnt block as well!!

just my 2cents

Comment

Working...
                              X