Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Bronco Fans!!

The big game is almost here!

i would come here talking smack but that's not an option! Our team is "Scary Good" ...meaning the team is scaring our fans really good! You can check my posts on the Bills website.......unfortunately accurate, but hopeful!

We have a simple team that can be beaten by a simple gameplan.

Defense:
    Use our speed, which is a strength, and turn it into a liability for our young team. Change of direction is brutal for our Defense. Titans & Vince Young basically confused us with play action, sweeps, screens, and then went deep when we were running around.

Offense:
    Simple....keep Losman in the pocket (no scrambling allowed), take away Evans and his deep ball, and watch Losman struggle with 50 % accuracy in the short passing game and INT's. If your defense can catch a ball in their hands gift wrapped by Losamn (unlike the Titans 3 times lol), then turnovers will be the name of the game.

Most realistic Bills fans are watching this game like someone about to hit a wall in their car.....eyes closed!

Is your Broncos Defense really a concern? If they really are (looked good couple weeks ago), then plunk all the money you can spare on Broncos & Bills over... I mean Over!

Cutler gonna be great? Champ still the Best? Travis Henery & Willis McCgahee have 12 kids with 12 different women........something about the Bills RB position? lol

We love our draft this year! Lynch will be a stud, Poz is great, Edwards will be the starting QB over "Mr. Excuses" Losman! Whitner will be a good saftey. This team is young.............

I don't think you will beat the chargers come playoff time! Rivers is a year ahead of cutler and that makes a big difference! LT > Travis....enough said!

13 days to go Broncos.....
    Last edited by Bills_Will_B_OK; 08-27-2007, 11:44 AM.

I just hope we come out firing on both ends and get to a good solid lead then let the D take over and the O put one or two lengthy gut wrenching (for the Bills) drives together in the second half.

Henry runs for 125 plus 2 TD's.

Bills 13
    Broncos 27

Comment

Originally posted by Bills_Will_B_OK View Post
      Our team is "Scary Good" ...meaning the team is scaring our fans really good!
      Now THAT was pretty funny.

You won't find any smack talking around here either. Well, maybe some in the smack forum but for the most part, many of us don't honestly know what to think right now.

We have some new faces and the scheme of the new defensive cooridinator has some questions.

Overall, we are confident and nervous at the same time.

Let's hope we at least have a good game.

If we can sneak out of Buffalo with a W then the confidence level will elevate much higher than it is right now.

Thanks for stopping by!!
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

good to have you, hope you like it and stick around
        Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
        Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

i would come here talking smack but that's not an option! Our team is "Scary Good" ...meaning the team is scaring our fans really good! You can check my posts on the Bills website.......unfortunately accurate, but hopeful!

Defense:
          Use our speed, which is a strength, and turn it into a liability for our young team. Change of direction is brutal for our Defense. Titans & Vince Young basically confused us with play action, sweeps, screens, and then went deep when we were running around.

Offense:
          Simple....keep Losman in the pocket (no scrambling allowed), take away Evans and his deep ball, and watch Losman struggle with 50 % accuracy in the short passing game and INT's. If your defense can catch a ball in their hands gift wrapped by Losamn (unlike the Titans 3 times lol), then turnovers will be the name of the game.

Most realistic Bills fans are watching this game like someone about to hit a wall in their car.....eyes closed!

Is your Broncos Defense really a concern? If they really are (looked good couple weeks ago), then plunk all the money you can spare on Broncos & Bills over... I mean Over!

Cutler gonna be great? Champ still the Best? Travis Henery & Willis McCgahee have 12 kids with 12 different women........something about the Bills RB position? lol

We love our draft this year! Lynch will be a stud, Poz is great, Edwards will be the starting QB over "Mr. Excuses" Losman! Whitner will be a good saftey. This team is young.............

I don't think you will beat the chargers come playoff time! Rivers is a year ahead of cutler and that makes a big difference! LT > Travis....enough said!

Right now, unless the Broncos cna make remarkable improvement before the season opener, I would expect the Bills to win.

Comment

Defense:

Offense:

Welcome to the boards!

Sorry to hear your team is scaring you but the Broncos fans are going through similar things right now, depending on who you talk to.

Yes, our defense is a concern. It's more because we don't really know how they're going to look come the regular season. We have a new defensive coordinator and new system and a mostly revamped defensive line relying now on a lot of 1st and 2nd year guys to step up.

Our defense could be elite, or they could keep playing like they did during the preseason, we simply don't know yet. I personally believe we'll get better as the season progresses and should, hopefully, be hitting on all cylinders should we be fortunate enough to make the postseason.

Luckily for the Bills, we'll probably still be shakey in our first few games. Then again, most teams don't hit their full stride right out of the gates so perhaps that will even things out between the Broncos and Bills. What do you think? How likely is your team to play really well in the opening game?

Cutler looks to have the skills and just needs the experience. His development will be a major key for our season.

Champ is still the best. 'Nuff said.

And what do you guys feed your running backs in Buffalo? Sheesh!

Yeah, Lynch was a guy a number of us thought we should trade up to get (until we signed Henry, that is). But we stayed where we were and most of us believe it was a blessing in disguise. We seriously needed the infusion of youth and talent on our defensive line and I'm optimisitic that all 3 of our D-linemen draftees will contribute nicely sooner than later.

LT > all other backs right now. That still hasn't won them a thing in the playoffs yet.

If we make the playoffs, Cutler will have 21 games under his belt. The difference between Rivers' and Cutler's experience won't be that great except Rivers has a playoff loss under his belt. It would have been nice to get Cutler that same experience last year. Heh!

But tell Tom Brady and Big Ben that they can't succeed in their second seasons with minimal experience. Plus, I'm not convinced Rivers is the real deal and believe he looks better than he is due to the talent around him. I'm not saying he's bad but I think he might not be all that and a bag of chips.

Yep, I can't wait!
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Welcome to our boards! I hope you stick around and like it here!
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the boards! Thanks for not coming in here and running your mouth like a certain other Bills fan.
                Originally posted by Soldier96B
                i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed View Post
                  Welcome to the boards! Thanks for not coming in here and running your mouth like a certain other Bills fan.
                  Most of the Bills forum posters are mature and realistic. You get some that are "comatose" in not wanting to hear anything negative. They get upset like children for instance about my post....."revealing" how to beat the Bills. They think that NFL scouts dont watch game tape and read users forums for gameplans on NFL teams LOL.

The one chick LINDA_D is obsessed with Losman...probably in love with him. She can't stand anything negative about him that I or anyone says. She has even gone so far as to create a thread today after my post this afternoon called "Bills_Will_B_OK revealed LOL. I guess she sits with her nachos bowl on the couch and imagines Losman searching for the cinderella of the Bills forum called LINDA_D lol.

Even you posters have been cool, honest disscussions about your Broncos. Seems that they're are some very unhappy kids on these forums.

Hopefully we will have a good game and like I said , points galore in totals. Check in next week to see how your injuries are stacking up.
                  Later all!
                  Last edited by Bills_Will_B_OK; 08-27-2007, 04:32 PM.

Comment

One of my best friends is from Buffalo and a huge Bills fan, so I am looking forward to this game. Denver has a habit lately of losing the season opener to teams they should beat (STL, MIA). We will see if that is the case this year

Welcome to the boards, hope you stick around. Its always good to get outside perspective

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                        How likely is your team to play really well in the opening game?
                        That's really the million dollar question, isn't it?

Hi all, I'm also a Bills fan... interested in discussing the game with you all.

I will say that we Bills fans have no idea what to think right now. We are all very optimistic about the future of our team, having a lot of young talent on the squad, but the present is far from certain.

Most feel like the media has blown the loss of certain big named players out of proportion on the defensive side of the ball. Spikes had missed or not been 100% for the past two seasons, and Fletcher was losing a step. I think we're of the opinion that Poz is a great talent and our LB corps should be actually improved over last year. Whitner and Simpson are solid at S. CB is a huge concern for us. Losing Nate hurt. We weren't really sold on McGee as a #2 last season and now he's our #1 with no comfortable option at #2. There are several players that we feel could develop well there... but as of right now its a crap shoot. The biggest concern is the D-Line. Travis should be able to have a big day on us (see: Titans game last year) and you all have a much better O-Line than they do.

Most of us feel that the offense, on paper, should be much better than it was last year. We bolstered our o-line and are very excited about Lynch. Losman to Evans will become a well known combo this season. There is no satisfactory #2 WR on the team... Peerless was the worst statistical #2 in the league last year, but we feel like we have very solid #3s in Parrish and Reed. The problem is that we haven't really shown it in the preseason. We can't figure out whether the line just needs time to gel, or whether there are larger issues at hand. I am of the opinion (unlike Bills will B) that Losman is the guy... what an arm, and great mobility... but he's going to have to prove he can make the intermediate and short plays this year to prove it.

I was really excited to see Lee get to go against Champ... because I honestly feel like (and I'm sure this will get me some ridicule) he's the best in the game right now with the hands, the routes, and the deep speed... he just doesn't have the o-line protection or elite QB play that some of the others benefit from. So what better way to test that than to play against the best in Champ? BUT I'm hearing now that its likely that Bly will cover him the majority of the time. Does anyone here know if this is true? If I were a Bronco fan I would hope that it isn't (also, what do you all think of Bly?)

Our special teams will be one of the best units in the league again. Moorman is increidble... simply incredible. We have good return threats (McGee and Parrish), and a great coverage unit. We win a lot of field position battles and are in a lot of games we shouldn't be because of special teams.

Generally, I think it's unlikely that the Bills will come out and play over their heads... there's just too much inexperience on both sides of the ball to be good that early in the season, and there's too much of a dirth of talent in crucial defensive positions like CB and DT. I expect Henry to stick it to us all game. That being said, if I'm a Broncos fan I would be a little worried. The Bills are one of those teams that has the potential to get a fluke big play or two with a deep ball to Evans or a big special teams play... and then you have a young QB playing from behind in front of a crowd of 70+ thousand crazies.

Overall, I'm definitely looking forward to the game and I wish you all the best of luck on the rest of your 15 games.

Comment

As a bills fan, it's hard to have much faith in our defense honestly. While we have limited the scoring the yards have rung up in BUNCHES.

On the other hand, as OP said, the offense looks ot be improved, and it was capable of the big play last year.

Like all season openers...this one is tough to figure, and the youth on both sides of the ball at key positions make it more of a noodlescratcher. I wish we were all 100% and you guys had Ekuban and we had Denney, but thems is the breaks I guess.

Hope to a good opening game and no injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Orchard Park View Post
                            That's really the million dollar question, isn't it?

Hi all, I'm also a Bills fan... interested in discussing the game with you all.
                            Welcome to you, as well.

I will say that we Bills fans have no idea what to think right now. We are all very optimistic about the future of our team, having a lot of young talent on the squad, but the present is far from certain.

Most feel like the media has blown the loss of certain big named players out of proportion on the defensive side of the ball. Spikes had missed or not been 100% for the past two seasons, and Fletcher was losing a step. I think we're of the opinion that Poz is a great talent and our LB corps should be actually improved over last year. Whitner and Simpson are solid at S. CB is a huge concern for us. Losing Nate hurt. We weren't really sold on McGee as a #2 last season and now he's our #1 with no comfortable option at #2. There are several players that we feel could develop well there... but as of right now its a crap shoot. The biggest concern is the D-Line. Travis should be able to have a big day on us (see: Titans game last year) and you all have a much better O-Line than they do.

Most of us feel that the offense, on paper, should be much better than it was last year. We bolstered our o-line and are very excited about Lynch. Losman to Evans will become a well known combo this season. There is no satisfactory #2 WR on the team... Peerless was the worst statistical #2 in the league last year, but we feel like we have very solid #3s in Parrish and Reed. The problem is that we haven't really shown it in the preseason. We can't figure out whether the line just needs time to gel, or whether there are larger issues at hand. I am of the opinion (unlike Bills will B) that Losman is the guy... what an arm, and great mobility... but he's going to have to prove he can make the intermediate and short plays this year to prove it.
                            I hear some similarities to our situation: You are most concerned about your D-line and feel like your O-line and running backs are improved. You have a young gun at QB that still needs to prove he's more than just potential and can be a premier player at his position.

The big differences are that we (most of us) really like our secondary and think we have a good top 3 at receiver (Walker, Marshall, Stokley).

I was really excited to see Lee get to go against Champ... because I honestly feel like (and I'm sure this will get me some ridicule) he's the best in the game right now with the hands, the routes, and the deep speed... he just doesn't have the o-line protection or elite QB play that some of the others benefit from. So what better way to test that than to play against the best in Champ? BUT I'm hearing now that its likely that Bly will cover him the majority of the time. Does anyone here know if this is true? If I were a Bronco fan I would hope that it isn't (also, what do you all think of Bly?)
                            Really? I hadn't heard that and don't know why they would do it. Champ could easily handle Peerless but would have a nice challenge with Evans. We'd be much better off with Champ on Evans and Bly on Peerless, IMO.

Where did you hear this?

Our special teams will be one of the best units in the league again. Moorman is increidble... simply incredible. We have good return threats (McGee and Parrish), and a great coverage unit. We win a lot of field position battles and are in a lot of games we shouldn't be because of special teams.

Generally, I think it's unlikely that the Bills will come out and play over their heads... there's just too much inexperience on both sides of the ball to be good that early in the season, and there's too much of a dirth of talent in crucial defensive positions like CB and DT. I expect Henry to stick it to us all game. That being said, if I'm a Broncos fan I would be a little worried. The Bills are one of those teams that has the potential to get a fluke big play or two with a deep ball to Evans or a big special teams play... and then you have a young QB playing from behind in front of a crowd of 70+ thousand crazies.

Overall, I'm definitely looking forward to the game and I wish you all the best of luck on the rest of your 15 games.
                            I don't think too many Broncos fans are chalking this up in the win column just yet. We lost our past two openers on the road against teams we thought we should beat. Buffalo is a bit of a wildcard and it's tough to tell what we'll get from them. That being said, I'm optimistic that we'll pull this one out but am by no means certain about it.

It should be an interesting start to the season. And while I appreciate you guys coming here to chat in a civilized fashion... I HOPE WE DESTROY YOU!!!

"You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I hear some similarities to our situation: You are most concerned about your D-line and feel like your O-line and running backs are improved. You have a young gun at QB that still needs to prove he's more than just potential and can be a premier player at his position.

The big differences are that we (most of us) really like our secondary and think we have a good top 3 at receiver (Walker, Marshall, Stokley).
                              I agree, there are some similarities for both of our teams. I think the big difference would be, obviously, Champ... but also your running game. You all have a proven running system year after year. That's something that we're trying to develop but by no means have proven it yet. I'm hopeful. As for WRs my opinion is that it's a wash. You have more talent across the board but, in my opinion, our #1 is clear cut above the rest on either roster.

Really? I hadn't heard that and don't know why they would do it. Champ could easily handle Peerless but would have a nice challenge with Evans. We'd be much better off with Champ on Evans and Bly on Peerless, IMO.

Where did you hear this?
                              I'm not positive on this, so I figured you all would know, but I heard that the Broncos are big fans of letting Champ completely remove the opposing team's #2 from the game and then double covering the #1 with the #2 CB and a safety. Let me know if I'm wrong on that one, because I would absolutely love to watch Evans and Bailey square off.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll be interesed to see how this plays out.

Comment

Working...
                              X