No announcement yet.

More cuts including Kircus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we down to the 75 now or are there more to follow?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jpc925 View Post
      The text for those who don't want the link:

The Broncos got a head start before Tuesday’s cutdown to a 75-man roster by releasing eight players, led by defensive linemen Kenard Lang and Demetrin Veal and wide receiver David Kircus.

Others who were absent as the team began preparations for the final pre-season game Thursday night against the Arizona Cardinals included kicker Brandon Pace, wide receiver David Terrell, running backs Cedric Cobbs and Troy Fleming and tight end Teyo Johnson.
      ya everyone was so high on kircus I have been saying for vthe last 9 months he's got to go he won't make the team next year,all i got was bad rude post replies.....
      I wish I knew all these members so i could say there you go and i told you...
      he's worthless with the broncos and the head office now see's this.....

Comment

Originally posted by OrAnGe WiLk View Post
        I liked the way Cobbs was running last preseason. I would rather see him than Bell. Bell never has impressed me he seems to be just an average back.
        Yeah, it looks like they just brought him in to be sure we didn't have serious injuries in our backfield. He didn't have much of a shot at making the team but he does have some talent. Bell has been inconsistent but has shown flashes.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
          Bell has been inconsistent but has shown flashes.
          Sounds kind of like what everyone was saying about Kircus. I want players who don't just show flashes. I would rather someone be consistent without the flashes than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post
            Finally, Kircus is gone! I never could stand that guy. I was so sick of fans telling me how awesome that guy was gonna be because he made a couple good catches in the preseason.
            Took the words out of my mouth
            sigpic

Comment

I am glad Kircus is going- shows that we are developing quality depth now and don't need him

Comment

It's stupid to cut Lang...I like Kircus and all but he wasn't a real need for us. Lang was in a position of need on our team and we need him more than ever right now. I only hope we have someone better in mind out there on the market (Rice) or someone who is likely to be cut by another team (Hollis Thomas)

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post
                  Sounds kind of like what everyone was saying about Kircus. I want players who don't just show flashes. I would rather someone be consistent without the flashes than the other way around.
                  Well it is a little different with an undrafted free agent rookie though. If he continues to only show flashes but play inconsistent for another year or two, the coaches where not able to work on whatever problem made that player go undrafted. I do think Bell deserves some time to see if he can gain consistency. I never cared to much about Kircus though. We have had to many receivers over the years that could make the spectacular catch and couldn't catch the balls right in their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                    It's stupid to cut Lang...I like Kircus and all but he wasn't a real need for us. Lang was in a position of need on our team and we need him more than ever right now. I only hope we have someone better in mind out there on the market (Rice) or someone who is likely to be cut by another team (Hollis Thomas)
                    Why was is stupid to cut Lang? We have Moss, Dumervil, Crowder, Engleberger, all who are better than him. He was number three behind any of those guys.

Comment

let's see...Lang is a seasoned vet. He can play the run, pass rush...need i say more?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                        lang is/was very expendable, i don't think he will be missed. however, i think that a lot of these players will be cut, then singned to the practice squad. kircus is one that i think for sure will be on the practice quad, cobbs as well. unless they sign on somewhere else. terrell is gone, i think he has allready been on the practice quad for two seasons and is no longer eligable for that. anyhow, these guys are gone, but many will still be signed to practice and who knows, maybe we will see them on the field again in the future.

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

Comment

If that's the case....

I'll have a 12" Steak and Cheese, on Italian, extra cheese, mayo, mustard, all the veggies, a bag of chips and a coke...
                          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Why won't they ever release Nate Jackson? He's been on the team for 3 years and I haven't seen him do anything.

Comment

Love the pic 72690!

Comment

Originally posted by Smith49 View Post
                                lang is/was very expendable, i don't think he will be missed. however, i think that a lot of these players will be cut, then singned to the practice squad. kircus is one that i think for sure will be on the practice quad, cobbs as well. unless they sign on somewhere else. terrell is gone, i think he has allready been on the practice quad for two seasons and is no longer eligable for that. anyhow, these guys are gone, but many will still be signed to practice and who knows, maybe we will see them on the field again in the future.
                                I dont think any of those you have listed a going to the PS, not qualified.

Kircus was active most of last season, Cobbs cant, terrel is far gone.

None of the above.

Comment

Working...
                                X