• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks..

like TS will be our punter.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...684261,00.html

Originally posted by bjpenn View Post
    Not too big of a surprise I guess. Good luck to Ernster though.

Comment

The only thing I'll remember about Ernster is the guy that ran out on the field against Seattle and forgot his helmet... That was classic.

Comment

Ernster was an AWESOME Pre-Season punter, but that's it. Todd performed best when it mattered most. I'm glad he's staying on as our Punter.

Comment

Paul is an awesome punter.....period! Comparitive stats with TS over last 24 games including pre-season will show that the Broncos made a horrible decision!!! Even though he did run on the field without his helmet. Good thing that Todd's old ST coach from Carolina is here now.... otherwise, he would be gone cuz Paul whipped him....again. Good luck Paul wherever you end up. Im sure you will be making more money.

Comment

Originally posted by GFDERNIE View Post
            Paul is an awesome punter.....period! Comparitive stats with TS over last 24 games including pre-season will show that the Broncos made a horrible decision!!! Even though he did run on the field without his helmet. Good thing that Todd's old ST coach from Carolina is here now.... otherwise, he would be gone cuz Paul whipped him....again. Good luck Paul wherever you end up. Im sure you will be making more money.
            I disagree. Todd was much better at control, direction, as well as keeping it inside the ten when needed. When we needed a boomer, Todd was better. Earnster started out really good last year, but after midway, faded in a hurry. Plus I believe that Todd is the better kicker (from the tee, as well as he can hold for Elam... which was the tie-breaker).

I think Todd is the right decision.

Comment

You must not have watched last season then if you think Todd was the better kicker from the tee. Paul finished #1 or #2 in the NFL for kickoff yards and touchbacks, not to mention he had the best touchback percentage of any Bronco since the kickoff line was moved to the 30 yard line. I also remember Todd holding for Elam on one of his shanks this pre-season? Todd is a good punter, but only an average kicker and holder. The decision maker was Scotty Obrien, Todd's old coach.

Comment

I'm very happy to see that TS is our punter. I can't go through another season of crappy field position. Props to the staff for realizing it is just preseason.

Comment

You must not have watched last season then if you think Todd was the better kicker from the tee. Paul finished #1 or #2 in the NFL for kickoff yards and touchbacks, not to mention he had the best touchback percentage of any Bronco since the kickoff line was moved to the 30 yard line. I also remember Todd holding for Elam on one of his shanks this pre-season? Todd is a good punter, but only an average kicker and holder. The decision maker was Scotty Obrien, Todd's old coach.
                  The traditional touchback is a deep kick into the endzone. Ernster's technique was to kick a low linedrive to one of the sides and hope it bounced into the endzone.

When one of those kickoffs was actually fielded, the lack of hangtime allowed the opposing team to get great field position.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

I dont think me and you are talking about the same thing here. Or, you are just trying to be right. What coach in their right mind would allow their kicker to kick low line drives at the side lines and hope they bounce straight into the endzone instead of out of bounds??? (By the way, only one of his kicks went out of bounds last year with 19 touchbacks) Just face it, Paul is the better kick off guy. We will see in the future about the whole punter thing. As a holder, im with Paul. He had no kicker shanking the ball this pre-season as Todd did.

Comment

I dont think me and you are talking about the same thing here. Or, you are just trying to be right. What coach in their right mind would allow their kicker to kick low line drives at the side lines and hope they bounce straight into the endzone instead of out of bounds??? (By the way, only one of his kicks went out of bounds last year with 19 touchbacks) Just face it, Paul is the better kick off guy. We will see in the future about the whole punter thing. As a holder, im with Paul. He had no kicker shanking the ball this pre-season as Todd did.
                      He might be better than Sauerbraun at kickoffs, but that's not saying much. Ernster does not have a powerful leg, and if you watched the games last year a little more closely, you'd realize that.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Working...
                      X