Broncos About 7 Million Under The Salary Cap,but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean View Post
    It sounds like there is some confusion here. When you sign players they are normally given certain bonuses- let's say 5 million on a five year contract. For figuring the cap, the contract would only count 1 million each year. However when the contract was signed the organization would have to pay the player all $5 million up front out of pocket.

I think that Sundquist was saying that though there was plenty of cap room available there was not cash on hand to make a big signing.
    Just because Sundquist has used the cash budget given to him at the beginning of the year, it doesn't mean Pat Bowlen doesn't have more cash available to sign another FA if one worth the money comes along. Businesses assign a set amount to a particular budget and then make additions along the way if necessary. It's not out of the question that the Broncos could add cash to the budget in order to sign a player Shanahan really wants.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Just because Sundquist has used the cash budget given to him at the beginning of the year, it doesn't mean Pat Bowlen doesn't have more cash available to sign another FA if one worth the money comes along. Businesses assign a set amount to a particular budget and then make additions along the way if necessary. It's not out of the question that the Broncos could add cash to the budget in order to sign a player Shanahan really wants.
      That's true but this isn't the only bussiness that Bowlen operates. To spend more than the alotment he either has to take out a loan, take money from his personel account, or pull money from another of his companies as a loan to be paid back with interest. It can get complicated.

You would be doing all this for a player that comes with no guarantees.

Comment

Working...
      X