Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selvin Young won the #2 RB job going into Week 1 according to the Denver Post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing against Selvin, I hope he could be that future back after Henry moves on also, but he has to prove more than just a good preseason. A lot of players are preseason stars but can't do ANYTHING when it counts...

Just for the hell of it, I'm comparing Mike Bell's stats last preseason to Selvin's this year.

Mike Bell:
    35 carries - 187 yards(5.3 YPC) 2 TDs

Selvin Young:
    35 carries - 167 yards(4.7 YPC) 2 TDs

Exactly.
    sigpic

Comment

I have kept up with S. Young since he was in jr high, he has always been a great RB, KR, & PR. The only major injury he has had was when he broke his ankle in Texas which required 11 screws, after that injury he has always played football very cautions. He pushed C. Benson since the first day he walked on to Texas, he is a great person and with the chances he gets he will shine for the Broncos. I hope he starts off with PR & KR.

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
        Nothing against Selvin, I hope he could be that future back after Henry moves on also, but he has to prove more than just a good preseason. A lot of players are preseason stars but can't do ANYTHING when it counts...

Just for the hell of it, I'm comparing Mike Bell's stats last preseason to Selvin's this year.

Mike Bell:

Selvin Young:

Exactly.
        What you have to remember is that last year in preseason Mike Bell had a lot of holes to run through with some great blocking, and that goes for the rest of our RBs as well. Then you watch this preseason and Selvin Young just shows that presence to be able to make something out of nothing with what I think is "great" vision and his ability to change gears so quickly.

Originally posted by drew0616s View Post
        I have kept up with S. Young since he was in jr high, he has always been a great RB, KR, & PR. The only major injury he has had was when he broke his ankle in Texas which required 11 screws, after that injury he has always played football very cautions. He pushed C. Benson since the first day he walked on to Texas, he is a great person and with the chances he gets he will shine for the Broncos. I hope he starts off with PR & KR.
        There probably isn't much of a chance of him being our #1 KR or PR, because all the hype has been on Domenik Hixon for punt duties, and Brian Clark looked good on kickoffs in preseason, whereas Selvin has barely been mentioned throughout TC up to now. If he shows something to the coaches during the season then all the power to him, but I just don't see it happening with so much talent we have at the positions.

Go Selvin!

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post

Mike Bell:

Selvin Young:

Exactly.
          Yeah, but I somehow doubt Young would get chased down from behind by Manny Lawson, a defensive lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
            Yeah, but I somehow doubt Young would get chased down from behind by Manny Lawson, a defensive lineman.
            Lawson is an OLB and ran a 4.44.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X