Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. Bills game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. Bills game...

Well, preseason is over and it's time to start the prediction threads again.

We're coming off a tough preseason in which many of our Super Bowl aspirations went up in smoke in the course of two games. Does preseason really mean anything or not? Are we the talented team we thought we were before we played the 49ers or will our defense be the sieve they appeared to be through much of the preseason? Will our offense come together first, unlike last year, and give our defense time to master Jim Bates' proven system?

We're on the road on the east coast to start the season, a bad combination for the Broncos. But most pundits don't expect much from Buffalo. Their new stud running back hasn't looked so hot (but it's only preseason!) and have many Bills fans pining to get Travis Henry back. They have an unproven, although physically talented, quarterback and one good receiver. Their defense is up in the air and their D-line is pretty small and likely to wear down from good ground attacks (i.e. right up the Broncos' alley).

What do you think? Will the Broncos break their trend of recent opening day losses or will we all be mourning that following morning?

Please vote in the poll but feel free to make exact predictions. I'll post the winners in the following game's thread.
    Broncos win by 14+ points
    22.82%
    Broncos win by 8 - 13 points
    36.24%
    Broncos win by 4 - 7 points
    24.83%
    Broncos win by 1 - 3 points
    4.70%
    Bills win by 1 - 3 points
    2.68%
    Bills win by 4 - 7 points
    4.70%
    Bills win by 8 - 13 points
    2.01%
    Bills win by 14+ points
    2.01%

The poll is expired.

"You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

It's tough picking this first game.

The homer in me says we win 42-3 but reality tells me in a squeeker 17-16
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I'm going 21 - 17 Broncos
      sigpichttp://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...psd7355151.png

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        It's tough picking this first game.

The homer in me says we win 42-3 but reality tells me in a squeeker 17-16
        We must be thinking along the same lines. I would like to see the BRONCOS blow them away and come out the gate running, but I have a feeling we'll be sitting on the edge of our seats at the very end but the BRONCOS will get their 1st game this year.

BRONCOS 20
        BILLS 17

Comment

I'm goin with 27-20. Henry's gonna be over 100 yds, Cutler's throwin 2 tds no ints. Bailey and Bly each get one and start the pro bowl season!

Comment

35-14 Broncos.

The Bills suck. Badly. There won't be really cold weather in September to work in their favor. Our defense will settle in a bit, although there will still be cause for concern when the game is over.

Travis Henry gets his first (of many) 100+ days. Selvin gets some carries in the fourth quarter.

Comment

broncos 24 bills 13 final score 2 rushing td by t-henry
              Last edited by bailey&bly; 08-31-2007, 09:36 AM.

Comment

~ Broncos 24

~ Bills 13

I can't wait until 9/9/07!!!!
                I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

I like the broncos 31 the bills 17 travis henry and the run game control this one!!

Comment

First games =

But, we come out ahead in this one. The O works through a tough start scoring a couple TD's after settling for FG's early. The D gives up some big chunks in the middle of the field, but holds their ground in the red zone.

Broncos 20
                    Bills 16

Winter is Coming!

Comment

DON'T GET ME WRONG

I think the Broncos win this game, BUT

Last two years I've predicted big wins over Dolphins and Rams, two easy road opponents to st art the season.

Two years in a row, broncos have been upset on the road by a not so great team.

I'm going with history here, not my heart.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                        DON'T GET ME WRONG

I think the Broncos win this game, BUT

Last two years I've predicted big wins over Dolphins and Rams, two easy road opponents to st art the season.

Two years in a row, broncos have been upset on the road by a not so great team.

I'm going with history here, not my heart.
                        Yep, like many others I fell in to the exact same trap the last two years. I think if there was ever a time to pull out the 'cautiously optimistic' cliche it would be now.

But, while some circumstances seem to be the same (on the road for the first game against a not-so-great team) this team is completely different player-wise. Hopefully, that makes for a different, albeit more expected, outcome.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                          Yep, like many others I fell in to the exact same trap the last two years. I think if there was ever a time to pull out the 'cautiously optimistic' cliche it would be now.

But, while some circumstances seem to be the same (on the road for the first game against a not-so-great team) this team is completely different player-wise. Hopefully, that makes for a different, albeit more expected, outcome.

Yeah, all the same danger signs as the past two years. But I feel like this team won't be as cocky going into it. I also remember when you could count on Shanny having the Broncos ready to win on opening day and I think he'll get back to that.

Marshawn Lynch hasn't looked all that hot this preseason (yeah, it's only preseason); 22 carries for 37 yards and 0 TDs. I think our starting defense finally started to look better against the run with our DTs mostly holding the point of attack (although Gordon still gets pushed off by double teams) and our linebackers, and even the secondary, starting to swarm to the ball.

I think we don't entirely stuff the run this game but we do keep it nicely controlled and the Bills have to go to the air. Evans gets covered by Champ and has a couple of short to mid catches but nothing deep. Price actually is more effective against Bly but Losman still struggles a bit with accuracy.

Our control of the running game puts them in a lot of 3rd-and-long situations. Our still inconsistent pass rush leads to a still high 3rd down completion rate by the Bills but we also break through numerous times and get some big sacks, maybe a fumble or two, by Losman and we get close enough times that Losman, who insists on still throwing to Evans, tosses a couple errant ones that Champ picks off.

The Bills put up a solid 300 yards or so, mostly through the air, but commits at least 3 turnovers.

Our offense has it's ups and downs but manages 3 or 4 TD drives thanks to our running game clicking and their small defensive line wearing down. And nothing defeats an opposing crowd like a good running game. If we limit our own turnovers to 1 or none, we win this game. If we only have a +1 turnover margin then it'll be iffy. Anything less and we could be in trouble.

In other words, I think we win this game on turnovers. Broncos 27 - Bill 20.
                          Last edited by Javalon; 08-31-2007, 11:42 PM. Reason: I said Moulds but I meant Price
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

It's just a gut feeling, but I think we'll turn around the past few tragic opening day losses and start off strong with a win in Buffalo. They have a young, athletic defense, but I don't think we'll have too much trouble. They have some inconsistencies on the offensive front, and where I do love Marshawn Lynch, I just wonder how well such a young team overall can do against a pretty established veteran squad that the Broncos have.

I don't expect a blowout, but I expect a win that's more than marginal. Probably a score like 27 to 17 or something like that. A nice solid win for the team.

Comment

21-17 Broncos in a nail-biter.

When looking at the season as a whole I penciled this in as a loss, just because of the Broncos history of playing down to their opponent opening day, plus lousy teams don't even know they suck yet on opening day, so they play hard.

If the Broncos played the Bills in November it would be a rout, because by then they're out of it and the team is down.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X