Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. Bills game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo 20
    Denver 16

Ah, but don't worry, it's only pre-season...er, aaaahh wait....

Comment

Broncos 27
      Bills 14

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
        Yeah, all the same danger signs as the past two years. But I feel like this team won't be as cocky going into it. I also remember when you could count on Shanny having the Broncos ready to win on opening day and I think he'll get back to that.

Marshawn Lynch hasn't looked all that hot this preseason (yeah, it's only preseason); 22 carries for 37 yards and 0 TDs. I think our starting defense finally started to look better against the run with our DTs mostly holding the point of attack (although Gordon still gets pushed off by double teams) and our linebackers, and even the secondary, starting to swarm to the ball.

I think we don't entirely stuff the run this game but we do keep it nicely controlled and the Bills have to go to the air. Evans gets covered by Champ and has a couple of short to mid catches but nothing deep. Price actually is more effective against Bly but Losman still struggles a bit with accuracy.

Our control of the running game puts them in a lot of 3rd-and-long situations. Our still inconsistent pass rush leads to a still high 3rd down completion rate by the Bills but we also break through numerous times and get some big sacks, maybe a fumble or two, by Losman and we get close enough times that Losman, who insists on still throwing to Evans, tosses a couple errant ones that Champ picks off.

The Bills put up a solid 300 yards or so, mostly through the air, but commits at least 3 turnovers.

Our offense has it's ups and downs but manages 3 or 4 TD drives thanks to our running game clicking and their small defensive line wearing down. And nothing defeats an opposing crowd like a good running game. If we limit our own turnovers to 1 or none, we win this game. If we only have a +1 turnover margin then it'll be iffy. Anything less and we could be in trouble.

In other words, I think we win this game on turnovers. Broncos 27 - Bill 20.
        I have to disagree - IMHO we lost the last 2 opening days because we faced a new head coach and staff with little history and no game film. Both Miami and Rams had 1st time head coaches and we were guessing on how to prepare. That is not the case with the Bills and Jauron.

I do think the Broncos did overlook both previous opponents to a degree but I'm certain that will not be their mindset this year

Comment

Originally posted by pzmire View Post
          I have to disagree - IMHO we lost the last 2 opening days because we faced a new head coach and staff with little history and no game film. Both Miami and Rams had 1st time head coaches and we were guessing on how to prepare. That is not the case with the Bills and Jauron.

I do think the Broncos did overlook both previous opponents to a degree but I'm certain that will not be their mindset this year
          And teams with new coaching staffs usually take awhile to jell and so we shouldn't have needed a bunch of game film. The lack of game film should have been balanced out with our opponents being in completely new schemes. We should have won those games because we were the better team, regardless of their having new staffs.

But as I said, I think we won't fall into the same trap.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I think this is going to be a stressful game i think were going to play awful all game but but win in the closing minutes and then after all being stressed out for a week we go and dominate in week two.........my hopes are never too high for week 1 but i think we are just to talented to lose to the Bills

but it would still be nice to win 42-0
            Please get Mario Williams!!!!!!!!

Comment

Bump... Final chance for predictions to be recorded...
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Broncos 27 - Bills 10
                Smack' em in the mouth Broncos!

Comment

Broncos 27 - 17 Bills
                  T Henry to score 2 TDs!

Comment

Broncos 23 - Bills 10

Hopelessly devoted to the Prankster

Comment

Broncos 24-10

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                        Well, now that we have Simeon Rice I want to change my prediction. Broncos 42 - Bills 0 !!!!

OK, not really. But it will add some additional spice to the game, although I'm not sure we really need extra spice for opening day.
                        I like that additional spice!! And I think it WILL make a difference!
                        Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Working...
                        X