Broncos Stocked With Young Talent On Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Stocked With Young Talent On Offense

The most encouraging thing for me this preseason has been the abundance of young, talented players we have on Offense.

Selvin Young is the most recent player to emerge as a player to keep your eye on, but when you add that to WR's Brian Clark and Domenik Hixon, as well as TE Tony Scheffler and of course Culter himself, we have alot of good young players to build the future of the Offense around.

Even the O-line has some talented young guys....LG Chris Myers has really played well in spelling Ben Hamilton, G/T Chris Kuper looks like he has a bright future, the Broncos are said to really like OT Ryan Harris, even if he has missed time with injury, and even undrafted FA OT Cliff Washburn is making his case to stick on the practice squad.

In light of all of the questions surrounding the Defense, it is nice to have something positive come out of T Camp and the preseson games.

Originally posted by MindField View Post
    The most encouraging thing for me this preseason has been the abundance of young, talented players we have on Offense.

Selvin Young is the most recent player to emerge as a player to keep your eye on, but when you add that to WR's Brian Clark and Domenik Hixon, as well as TE Tony Scheffler and of course Culter himself, we have alot of good young players to build the future of the Offense around.

Even the O-line has some talented young guys....LG Chris Myers has really played well in spelling Ben Hamilton, G/T Chris Kuper looks like he has a bright future, the Broncos are said to really like OT Ryan Harris, even if he has missed time with injury, and even undrafted FA OT Cliff Washburn is making his case to stick on the practice squad.

In light of all of the questions surrounding the Defense, it is nice to have something positive come out of T Camp and the preseson games.

It has been fun to watch, and I would add that Brandon Marshall has played well and flashed his talent in this preseason. I like his bravado so long as he produces on the field. With Walker getting a lot of attention, Marshall could explode this season.

Comment

I couldn't agree more.

We got off to shakey start last night but they pulled it together and looked pretty good. It was a shocking stat that we didn't have our 5th possession until 11 minutes left in the 3rd.

Thanks for posting Hixon's first name. I left it out of my facts thread since I was unsure how it was spelled.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
        It has been fun to watch, and I would add that Brandon Marshall has played well and flashed his talent in this preseason. I like his bravado so long as he produces on the field. With Walker getting a lot of attention, Marshall could explode this season.
        I agree...I knew I was forgetting someone.

Comment

Don't forget Greg Eslinger!

Comment

As impressive as Clark and Hixon have been showing a lot of explosion and play making ability, their ceilings probably max our at a fourth or fifth receiver, with Hixon possibly being able to fill the slot role. Even with those guys there, I still think proven quality at the position could be upgraded, as well as the overall talent level. It's nice to know we have a myriad of players that are young and ready to contribute on offense.

Comment

I wouldn't call Young a "talent" exactly. He's in the same situation Mike Bell was last year, and look how Bell has turned out. Just goes to show how "untalented" Denver actually is at the RB position.

I do like Hixon and Clark though, and I'll be a little disappointed if they don't make the final roster, but the coaches will make the right decisions at the WR position.

Comment

I think you have to look beyond WR to find Hixon's "ceiling". He could at some point become the game changing returner we haven't had since Hebron had a few good years. Apart from that, both Hixon and Clark have been extremely impressive to me from a physical standpoint. They have showed me that they belong in the NFL. Now they have to show that they can be starters/contributors.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlensbest3233 View Post
                  I think you have to look beyond WR to find Hixon's "ceiling". He could at some point become the game changing returner we haven't had since Hebron had a few good years. Apart from that, both Hixon and Clark have been extremely impressive to me from a physical standpoint. They have showed me that they belong in the NFL. Now they have to show that they can be starters/contributors.
                  I just wonder where Hixon would be at had he not been injured all of last year. It seems like he's progressing quite well. I'm very excited to see what he can do as a returner this year, and all the more excited for next season when receivers usually transition their game to the next level. That goes for Brandon and Brian as well. . . since they'll be in that three year curve too.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                    I wouldn't call Young a "talent" exactly. He's in the same situation Mike Bell was last year, and look how Bell has turned out. Just goes to show how "untalented" Denver actually is at the RB position.

I do like Hixon and Clark though, and I'll be a little disappointed if they don't make the final roster, but the coaches will make the right decisions at the WR position.
                    I have not seen anything from Bell to suggest that he has gotten worse.....he just got dinged and opened the door for Selvin Young. That is just the way Shanahan handles his business. I just always thought Selvin Young was a good fit for what we do, and he is turning out to be that. Right now, his job is to be a good No. 2 back, as Henry is the starter....sometimes backs take a year or two to fully develop.....who knows what Selvin might become.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                      As impressive as Clark and Hixon have been showing a lot of explosion and play making ability, their ceilings probably max our at a fourth or fifth receiver, with Hixon possibly being able to fill the slot role. Even with those guys there, I still think proven quality at the position could be upgraded, as well as the overall talent level. It's nice to know we have a myriad of players that are young and ready to contribute on offense.
                      Maybe so, but I see alot of similarities with Clark and Rod Smith, and Hixon to Ashley Lelie. I think they will both continue to get better and better. I think there is a good chance the Broncos may have struck gold with Marshall, Clark and Hixon for years to come.

Comment

We really did get young and powerful in an awful hurry. You take out Nalen and the average age for the offense is something like 26 or 27.

It's amazing to think that we had a top five offense with Mike Anderson, Jeb Putzier, Jake Plummer, Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie. I would argue that all the guys we have now are better than that group except for maybe Rod Smith.
                        KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

I hope Hixon developes as a receiver....

He's already a heck of a blocker, I was impressed with that....

Comment

After going to several practices and the 2 home games so far, the guys I'm most excited about are Marshall and Hixon. I really believe that with his ability after the catch, Marshall could be #1 receiver material down the road. I agree with Dream about the ceiling of Clark, but I can see Hixon being a good 2 or 3 option. The guy has blazing speed, and seems to get excellent separation from DB's. I would like to see some more consistency from him, as well as Marshall staying healthy for an extended period of time for a change.

I think it's hard to judge RB's because so much has to happen with the blockers for them to do well, but Young has looked really good. He seems to be one of those guys that doesn't test out well but really looks fast in full pads. I have noticed so far that he seems to have excellent cutback vision, which is a big plus in our system.

I think we have some excellent young linemen too. Look at the career path of Lepsis or Hamilton and you can really get a sense that Shanahan knows how to develop star linemen. I really feel Pears, Kuper, and Myers all have starting potential for years to come and I think Eslinger and Fenton could be excellent backups if not starters in a few years.

Still, when you talk about our young talent on Offense, it's hard not to start with Cutler. The guy has the complete package. Now whether or not he'll realize that potential is the question, but everything is set up for him to be a great QB. We'll see, but the future looks bright.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post
                              After going to several practices and the 2 home games so far, the guys I'm most excited about are Marshall and Hixon. I really believe that with his ability after the catch, Marshall could be #1 receiver material down the road. I agree with Dream about the ceiling of Clark, but I can see Hixon being a good 2 or 3 option. The guy has blazing speed, and seems to get excellent separation from DB's. I would like to see some more consistency from him, as well as Marshall staying healthy for an extended period of time for a change.

I think it's hard to judge RB's because so much has to happen with the blockers for them to do well, but Young has looked really good. He seems to be one of those guys that doesn't test out well but really looks fast in full pads. I have noticed so far that he seems to have excellent cutback vision, which is a big plus in our system.

I think we have some excellent young linemen too. Look at the career path of Lepsis or Hamilton and you can really get a sense that Shanahan knows how to develop star linemen. I really feel Pears, Kuper, and Myers all have starting potential for years to come and I think Eslinger and Fenton could be excellent backups if not starters in a few years.

Still, when you talk about our young talent on Offense, it's hard not to start with Cutler. The guy has the complete package. Now whether or not he'll realize that potential is the question, but everything is set up for him to be a great QB. We'll see, but the future looks bright.
                              I agree and I am excited about Cutler, it's just when you select him #11 overall, you expect him to be the real deal....but when you can get undrafted talent that develops into contributing players, that's what separates good teams from great.

Comment

Working...
                              X