Selvin Young > Mike Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    Bell averaged 4.3 yards per carry last season. Not a bad number.
    I guess he wants him to have a 5.5 YPC like Portis did???

Portis will always be my favorite

But I like Mike Bell as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
      Bell averaged 4.3 yards per carry last season. Not a bad number.
      take a away the only good game he had, against the worst run def. in the league and what was his average? close to 3 ypc like i said.

Comment

Originally posted by hbk3030 View Post
        take a away the only good game he had, against the worst run def. in the league and what was his average? close to 3 ypc like i said.
        Well sorry to say, you can't take games away. He played and he did good in that game, period.

Likewise, I can't say "take away the Steelers game and his average jumps to about 5 ypc."

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
          Its not even close, Mike Bell is by far the better back, I agree young has the longer name, but that is it, hes at best a change of pace type of guy, if henrey goes down with an injury you have to have mike bell take over not a smallish 3rd down back
          Selvin is a smallish back? He is 6'0 210 lbs

After a season in Denver's lifting program he will definately have even more weight to add to his effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13 View Post
            Selvin is a smallish back? He is 6'0 210 lbs

After a season in Denver's lifting program he will definately have even more weight to add to his effectiveness.
            And could very well lose his speed, that's what happened to Tatum
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
              And could very well lose his speed, that's what happened to Tatum
              Are you sure about that? I remember Tatum never being able to get away from defenders in order to use his speed, not that he lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by showtime24 View Post
                I hope you don't think Young is a better RB than Bell.
                Hell yeah he is!

Comment

I agree....Bell is by far the better back, at least for now. Time will tell. But I think the more important question is why is there another running back wearing #30? That is TD's number....period!
                  "When the people fear their Government, there is tyranny. When the Government fears it's people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by showtime24 View Post
                    I hope you don't think Young is a better RB than Bell.
                    From what I've already seen, he is.

His feet move better & he doesn't get knocked down easily at all. Seems his vision of the field is better too. Mike Bell plays with heart, but talent? I think Young has him beat in that category.
                    sigpic

Comment

Seems to me that when the news/rumor broke out that Selvin Young was the new #2 back, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. or is that just me?

silly posters

Go Cecil Sapp!
                      "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
                      "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
                      "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

- Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs_323 View Post
                        Seems to me that when the news/rumor broke out that Selvin Young was the new #2 back, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. or is that just me?

silly posters

Go Cecil Sapp!
                        i agree nothing against selvin, he could be good for all we know,

but ive been saying it the entire time hes avg. 4.8 yards against terrible third/fourth string vanilla defenses so far in his career. FYI - last preseason, bell got it done every game averaging 5.3 yards

mike avg 4.3 against first teamers in his first season after being an Undrafted free agent and proven invaluable in goaline situations with 8 tds,

bell has also looked much faster and stronger when i was watching Training camp (the only thing i want to see is him get lower, and use all that power he could have)

Also they are not first round draft picks people, they dont have great potential, either one of them and thats just the facts

its just so funny that everybody just jumps ship after 2 good preseason games hahaha

good luck too all 18 of our running backs . . . .seriously what the hell are we gonna do with all of them,(maybe we kept some of them to trade instead of just releasing them for nothing, instead get rid of the spot wasters and trade whats valuable) just a thought though

because they will not all get playing time im so confused by shanny sometimes
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

Working...
                        X