Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hall #2 Running Back!! Announced In Tampa!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    lol, Hall is the worst of our backs...the other four are miles ahead of him. He may have had two touchdowns the other night but his YPC was horrible! Look for Hall to be cut today and possibly re-signed for a practice squad position.
    You're also basing your judgement of Hall off of one preseason game in which he was coming off an injury that had allowed him to finally practice again just a few days earlier.

The coaches, on the other hand, have seen all his practices, OTAs, offseason work and conditioning, and all of last year with him on the practice squad. It's just possible they have a little more information to go on.

That being said, I'll believe it when I see it.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco View Post
      Wouldn't surprise me one bit if ended up as the no. 2 back.

*cough* BOOYAAAA *cough*

Anyways, he offers the best change-up to Travis of any other back on the roster. And he's more explosive than his competition.

It's saying something when he makes the team even though he barely played this preseason (and missed much of TC). He must be truly impressive.

It'll be interesting to see who goes instead of Hall. I would hope it's not Sapp because he's so damn versatile. Maybe they're keeping 6 backs? Maybe they're trading with GB?
      well, he has now officially made the roster, and KJ was the guy who got caught in the numbers crunch in the backfield. . .

at this point i can't project whether he'll be two, three or four, but i definitely agree with you. . . hall was a guy i was interested in coming out of college, and i was happy when we signed him to the PS. . . he's got some potential-- kaylore and socal both spoke of his explosiveness in camp. . . you're very correct that he offers a different dimension than the other backs on the roster-- he'll be a weapon on draws and delays when we spread the field, and if he can catch the ball he's quick enough and elusive enough to be dangerous in the open field. . . heimerdinger will look for ways to get him the ball in space. . . he'll never be a featured back, but he has the skills to contribute for us, regardless of his position on the depth chart. . . i'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for us. . .
      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Hall should not have made it. He could not even average 3 ypc aganst the Cardinals scrubs.

My guess is he will spend most of the season inactive, and is even money to be the player cut when Rod Smith returns from the PUP

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
          Hall should not have made it. He could not even average 3 ypc aganst the Cardinals scrubs.

My guess is he will spend most of the season inactive, and is even money to be the player cut when Rod Smith returns from the PUP
          He had just returned to practice earlier in the week. It's certainly possible that he wasn't entirely ready to take the field but the coaches wanted him out there to get his last chance at "real" playing time for awhile. They certainly saw more of Hall than any of us fans did and had a chance to see potential that none of us did.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

He also broke a carry for 20 that was called back b/c of a penalty. Most people posting know very little about Hall. I know what kind of back he is and he will do well in Denver.

Besides I would put my trust in your coaches before most on this board. I am surprised that some believe that they know more than some of the great coaches that Denver has.

Even your #1 back likes Hall:

Count Henry among those who believe Hall can make it.

"He does remind me of me," Henry said. "I guess he's my little twin. I've been very impressed by him. Really, I think he's going to be great. Just watch him in practice and on tape. He is a 'wow' player."

But anyways I am glad Hall made it, I am now officially a Broncos fan with Lynch and Hall on your team.

GO BULLS!!

Comment

Another Paper Blogs Hall @ #2

Here is a different sports writer for TBO (tampa bay online/Tampa Tribune) that is reporting Hall is the number 2 running back.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...-makes-broncos

The only link I see is the agent of Hall so, if he is lying then I am sorry for the misinformation.

Comment

at this point im just saying go Broncos go and dont care who backs up who or is what in the depth chart as long as there number is called they step up.

GO BRONCOS GO
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
                  at this point im just saying go Broncos go and dont care who backs up who or is what in the depth chart as long as there number is called they step up.

GO BRONCOS GO
                  Haha! I agree! =)

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by USFBULL View Post
                    He also broke a carry for 20 that was called back b/c of a penalty. Most people posting know very little about Hall. I know what kind of back he is and he will do well in Denver.

Besides I would put my trust in your coaches before most on this board. I am surprised that some believe that they know more than some of the great coaches that Denver has.

Even your #1 back likes Hall:

Count Henry among those who believe Hall can make it.

"He does remind me of me," Henry said. "I guess he's my little twin. I've been very impressed by him. Really, I think he's going to be great. Just watch him in practice and on tape. He is a 'wow' player."

But anyways I am glad Hall made it, I am now officially a Broncos fan with Lynch and Hall on your team.

GO BULLS!!
                    Whatever.

You are obviosuly biased, and have an agenda as a fan of his school...but that does not make him a player.

He has easliy been the least impressive back at the practices I attended and the games he played in.

Think what you will, I can guarantee you Hall will NOT be the No. 2 back.

Selvin Young and Mike Bell are both higher on the depth chart than he is...and oh, BTW, if we sign Simeon Rice, my guess is Hall will be the guy to free up the roster spot for him.

I still believe his days in Denver are numbered. He is nothing special....and sure as hell is not a 'wow' player on any level, which is why he landed at So. Florida to begin with.
                    Last edited by MindField; 09-02-2007, 09:54 AM.

Comment

There are several positions both offensively and defensively where Shanahan's decisions can be questioned due to past failures. However, running back definitely is not one of them.

Year after year of great rushing stats indicate that they have a handle on what type of person will excel in their system.

It is not a popularity contest with the coaching staff. Their well being as well as that of their families rest on these decission. I would dare to guess that they have looked at all the information and whoever they put in the #2 RB slot deserves to be their.

Comment

Actually Selvin Young is #2 back according to every non-usf news i read lol

sorry but hey atleast he made the 53 man roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                          There are several positions both offensively and defensively where Shanahan's decisions can be questioned due to past failures. However, running back definitely is not one of them.

Year after year of great rushing stats indicate that they have a handle on what type of person will excel in their system.

It is not a popularity contest with the coaching staff. Their well being as well as that of their families rest on these decission. I would dare to guess that they have looked at all the information and whoever they put in the #2 RB slot deserves to be their.
                          Right. Tatum Bell and Quentin Griffin agree with you.

Comment

did tatum not run for 1000+ yards? he showed great skills and would have been awesome if he would have broken a tackle or 3. he was fast as all hell and once on the outside it was sick to watch him. but he fumbled wayyyyy too much. regardless of all that he wasnt a bad RB by any means, and still put is in top 10 in rushing.
                            sig pic removed by mod staff.
                            we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

actually... quentin griffin got his only REAL opportunity when there was injuries to the other RBs on the roster. So I don't exactly think that Quentin is anything you can hold against Shanahan.

Plus.... Tatum never met his high expectations around here, but when teamed up with MA, he was fantastic in that role. If we had a Travis Henry here, and Tatum to back him up... that would be a very impressive duo.

Comment

Working...
                              X