Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judgment Day Cometh: Broncos Cuts Thread (Broncos Only, Please!) (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judgment Day Cometh: Broncos Cuts Thread (Broncos Only, Please!) (Merged)

All right, I thought we could have an official cut thread so we don't have seventy billion threads the moderators have to merge when the cuts come out, and I'll try and be on the ball with these and get them up to date as soon as possible. Feel free to add insight into this thread if you find out anything.

According to a poster on the Orange Mane, via an e-mail from Scout.com the Broncos have already parted ways with Quincy Morgan, WR and Kyle Johnson, FB.

Johnson comes as a surprise, considering he has been the teams #1 FB for some time.

Official Broncos Cut List: The Trim to 53

Quarterbacks: Darrell Hackney, Preston Parsons.
    Fullbacks: Kyle Johnson.
    Running Backs: None.
    Wide Receivers: Glenn Martinez, Marquay McDaniel, Quincy Morgan.
    Tight ends: None.
    Offensive linemen: Emmanuel Akah, Greg Eslinger, Mark Fenton, Kevin McAlmont, Chad Mustard, Cliff Washburn.
    Defensive linemen: John Browning, Steven Harris, Jimmy Kennedy.
    Linebackers: T.J. Hollowell, Cameron Vaughn.
    Safeties: Steve Cargile, Roderick Rogers.
    Cornerbacks: Bill Alford, Kevin House.
    Last edited by Dream; 09-01-2007, 10:02 PM.

Damn were already cutting players that I like. I like Morgan because he gave us some great field posistion returning kicks. He seemed to break a few out to the 50. But the good news about it is we will have someone else(Hixon) Returning kicks for us. And I've always liked Kyle. I wont get to see his dances this year. Maybe Mike Bell will be the starting Fullback now??

Comment

Thanks for doing this Dream, definately makes things easier on everyone. I have been pulling for Johnson to get cut and Sapp to take over as the primary FB for a couple seasons, but Sapp kept getting hurt. If they do that this year, it frees up a roster spot for Young or Hall, or both if Bell is cut. I like Kyle, but can live without him.

Comment

I wont believe they cut Johnson until I see it from an official source.

Not some guys email. I may be wrong, but I dont see that move happening.

Comment

What time do the final cuts come out?
          My Adopt a Bronco is Antwon Burton Go Get em

Comment

I think at 2pm we should see the list.

Comment

im kind of shocked about johnson

maybe we are moving sapp back to fullback so we can keep hall bell and young

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Wow, that's gotta be the surprise cut people were waiting for.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                  I suspect that cutting Kyle Johnson means we keep both Cecil Sapp and Paul Smith.
                  This probably was the reason we tried Mike Bell out for FB too.

Crazy crazy stuff.

Good thread though Dream. :thumb:

Comment

KJ, while I like him immensely, is nothing special. He blocks well, but his offense is a product of the system.

Paul Smith seems to have the advantage beacuse of his ST ability. He was penciled in to be the starter in St. Louis a year ago before going down with injury.

Comment

I think I'll wait to see an official word on Johnson being cut. No offense or anything but I don't believe you at all...Johnson is too important to our running game to just throw him away. We'll see in a bit if it's true or not.

Comment

Shanahan must have read that thread about Kyle Johnson not signing that little girls autograph.

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
                          Shanahan must have read that thread about Kyle Johnson not signing that little girls autograph.
                          hahahahahahahahaha

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Not trying to portray early cuts listed in a Scout.com e-mail as true, just bringing you what someone posted here for your convenience. Feel free to doubt now, apologies will always be accepted later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                              Not trying to portray early cuts listed in a Scout.com e-mail as true, just bringing you what someone posted here for your convenience. Feel free to doubt now, apologies will always be accepted later.
                              I just find it odd, considering he was re-signed as a restricted free agent, and we really dont have a FB thats a FB on the roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X