Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judgment Day Cometh: Broncos Cuts Thread (Broncos Only, Please!) (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    Hey Dream. I hope you don't mind but I added the "Broncos Only" to your thread title and moved out the non-Broncos cuts. I think this thread will get busy enough without filling it with the rest of the league's cuts. "Other Teams" now has a thread for other cuts.

As for the Kyle Johnson cut, I have to say that I'm really surprised. There had been no hint of the team being unhappy with Kyle or thinking somebody else was better. I believe he has started all the preseason games and was pretty much featured through training camp (at least I don't remember anyone mentioning Kyle being demoted).

All I can figure is that they figure Sapp isn't going to get many carries with Henry the designated starter and Young supposedly moving up to #2 at tailback. So if Sapp can do the same job as Kyle but also be a backup tailback, they must like him enough to replace our full-time starter there. What I don't understand is why they'd keep Smith over Johnson.
    Look for some of these players possibly getting re-signed after wk 1, when their salaries aren't guaranteed.
    The teams isn't set, just yet, I promise.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WABronco View Post
      What the crap? Why would Kennedy be going?

And Hall? NOOOOOOOOOO! God I'll be bummed. Well, not really. Weird that his agent said he'd made the team.
      So I take it the the pick wasn't contingent on his being with the team?

That doesn't make much sense....
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
        I thought about that before I made my post, but those other teams that have picked up on the blocking scheme have done so without revamping their lines, to my knowledge... meaning we're still the smallest line in the league.
        They're getting there....

....Rome wasn't made in a day....
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
          I am not "blind", I see things very clearly:

I am not suggesting that anyone praise anybody blindly, but to blindly criticize someone for doing a job that most likely not a single armchair QB on this board could do successfully is not right either. Complaining just for the sake of complaining is pointless. "Don't complain about somthing unless you are willing to do something about it" (since you like to quote, there's one for you).

I would expect this coming from another "cynic". Interesting that quote, who is it by? I always get a kick out of people that are overly pessimistic, their argument against those who think they are too negative is always the same; "you can't think for yourself"......sort of ironic. Just because I don't see the doom and gloom in everything, has zero to do with weather or not I can "think for myself".

-Do I necessarily agree with all of the cuts? NO, not at the moment
          -Do I think that the coaching staff is competent and trying to do what is best for the team? Absolutely!
          -Do I wish that the coaches would consult all of you armchair QB's before making such critical decisions? Ummmmmmm........
          -Do I senselessly complain about it? No, because I can't do anything about it, so complaining is pointless.

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but there is plenty wrong with destructive criticism.....

Then what the hell are we doing here? If we can't voice our concerns without being told we have no business doing so, then what f'ing good is this message board?

I don't blindly criticize anyone, I'm voicing a concern I have over the lack of talent at the DT position.

I'm not all doom and gloom either, but now that you mention it, it's the catch phrase when us "cynics" upset the optimists fragile sensibilities.

And show me where my criticism crossed the line into "destuctive".

Here is another one for ya:

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguements for it, and become blind to the arguements against it"....
          Last edited by stnzed; 09-03-2007, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
            I am not "blind", I see things very clearly:

I am not suggesting that anyone praise anybody blindly, but to blindly criticize someone for doing a job that most likely not a single armchair QB on this board could do successfully is not right either. Complaining just for the sake of complaining is pointless. "Don't complain about somthing unless you are willing to do something about it" (since you like to quote, there's one for you).

I would expect this coming from another "cynic". Interesting that quote, who is it by? I always get a kick out of people that are overly pessimistic, their argument against those who think they are too negative is always the same; "you can't think for yourself"......sort of ironic. Just because I don't see the doom and gloom in everything, has zero to do with weather or not I can "think for myself".

-Do I necessarily agree with all of the cuts? NO, not at the moment
            -Do I think that the coaching staff is competent and trying to do what is best for the team? Absolutely!
            -Do I wish that the coaches would consult all of you armchair QB's before making such critical decisions? Ummmmmmm........
            -Do I senselessly complain about it? No, because I can't do anything about it, so complaining is pointless.

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but there is plenty wrong with destructive criticism.....
            Sadly what's wrong with too many people on this board is that they always and forever have to find something to criticize the team for, no matter what they do.

This team always finds a way to compete or atleast be in the hunt for the playoffs year in and year out, whether they make it or not isn't really the point because outside of the Colts and Patriots in the AFC, no one else has consistently made the playoffs year in and year out.

Do I question some of the moves Denver makes? You bet, but I don't act like I know so much more than the coaching staff or GM because if I did, I'm sure I'd have atleast some kind of job in the NFL making the good money.

Most people around here like to constantly bring up the fact that Denver may not be the best drafting team in the NFL, and while that is probably true, what more has San Diego done the last 3-4 years when it comes to playoff time? Denver made the AFC Championship a couple years back and where was San Diego? For being such a great drafting team and having oh-so-much talent -- they were at home watching. Let's see.. they were 14-2 last season and how far did that get them come crunch time? Couldn't even win one playoff game. So essentially they have done nothing more than Denver has the last 4-5 years for having so much talent on their roster.

But yeah back to the point -- most people here having nothing better to do than play online GM and headcoach. Too bad there isn't some kind of online roleplaying game for that kind of thing. I'm sure so many people here have played or coached real football in their lifetime and know what the hell they're actually talking about.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X