Abdullah over Ferguson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abdullah over Ferguson

Over the past year i have been very impressed with Abdullah. This guy goes all out every play and is a player. Now in this preseason he has gotten even better, so that being said does anyone else besides me think Abdullah should start over Ferguson this season.

Originally posted by BRONCOS4LIFE8 View Post
    Over the past year i have been very impressed with Abdullah. This guy goes all out every play and is a player. Now in this preseason he has gotten even better, so that being said does anyone else besides me think Abdullah should start over Ferguson this season.
    Nope. Abdullah has shown some nice flashes, but Fergy is a good to great safety in the coverage area. Fergy may not be flashy, but he gets the job done nicely.

Comment

Not to mention Abdullah is a FS, not a SS

Comment

Fergy is an adequate FS. And don't forget his backup Brandon. Brandon did an excellent job covering TE's and outlet receivers before he went down. After his injury the stats went ridiculously high. Ferguson and Brandon get shafted with the likes of Lynch and Bailey in the backfield.

Abdullah will be a good safety one day, once Lynch retires. But until then he'll be a backup safety and a special teamer.
        sigpic

Comment

Ferguson has the edge between the two.
          Abdullah is a good backup for us. Keep him around.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco View Post
            Fergy is an adequate FS. And don't forget his backup Brandon. Brandon did an excellent job covering TE's and outlet receivers before he went down. After his injury the stats went ridiculously high. Ferguson and Brandon get shafted with the likes of Lynch and Bailey in the backfield.

Abdullah will be a good safety one day, once Lynch retires. But until then he'll be a backup safety and a special teamer.
            Brandon isn't on the team any longer.

As for Abdullah, I like what I've seen from him and I think he'll eventually take over one of our starting safety spots. But right now I believe Lynch and Ferguson aren't going anywhere. In my opinion, Ferguson is a bit underrated, even by most Bronco fans. He's a pretty good tackler with pretty good coverage skills. He might not be premier at either but he's a good combo and a pretty good overall safety, or at least he was before his injury.
            Last edited by Javalon; 09-01-2007, 11:02 PM.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

i like hamza someday he will be a superstar

Comment

Originally posted by bailey&bly View Post
                i like hamza someday he will be a superstar
                I don't know if I'd use the term "superstar", but the guy definitely has skills. He's got the kind of speed you look for in a safety, and he seems like he's got "ball hawk" written all over him. I love the fact that this guy keeps impressing coaches, and teammates. Once the guy gets handed the keys to a safety spot, I think he will really spark the secondary.

Comment

I think Hamza Abdullah will get some playing time this year from what I seen he has the skills to play FS or SS and I sure do like his speed and his hunger
                  and gives us some really really good depth in the secondary.

Happy to have him glad he is a Bronco.
                  :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                    Nope. Abdullah has shown some nice flashes, but Fergy is a good to great safety in the coverage area. Fergy may not be flashy, but he gets the job done nicely.
                    Meh. Ferguson doesnt react to plays well enough. And read and react is a huge part of playing safety. To Fergusons credit, he doesnt get sucked in when other guys maybe could but the flip side is that he lets A LOT happen in front of him that the great safeties are able to read far more quickly. Ferguson doesnt have it in him to be a great safety. He is a serviceable safety.

Comment

Hmmm, once again it must be said...If hamza was so "good" then why is Foxworth the backup at BOTH safety spots to Lynch and Ferguson? As of now, Foxy is the nickel CB but is also the backup to any of the starting four DBs (ie: if Bailey, Bly, Lynch or Fergie go down Foxy takes that spot).

Abdullah has looked decent in the preseason, but he's obviously not the future superstar at Safety that some think he is. If he was, he'd be starting or at least be the #1 B/U to Lynch and/or Ferguson.

Too many people seem to underestimate Ferguson's play. In the last 4 years (except for last year where he was injured), he was top 3 on the team in tackles and forced fumbles. He had 5 Ints (second only to Champ) in 2005. It's no coincidence that our run defense dropped drastically after he was injured last year. He's not overly big or fast, but he is a fundamentally sound football player. Vince Lombardi said, "football is only two things, blocking and tackling" and Nick Ferguson does one thing better than most players in the league...tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                        Brandon isn't on the team any longer.

As for Abdullah, I like what I've seen from him and I think he'll eventually take over one of our starting safety spots. But right now I believe Lynch and Ferguson aren't going anywhere. In my opinion, Ferguson is a bit underrated, even by most Bronco fans. He's a pretty good tackler with pretty good coverage skills. He might not be premier at either but he's a good combo and a pretty good overall safety, or at least he was before his injury.
                        Lynch, I believe is here till 2009. Ferguson will be more than adequate, and give Abdulla some time under Lynch. Our safeties are in better shape than people think.
                        Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Id like to see Abdullah given alot more playing time this season, Im sure he is capable of eclipsing Fergi's play but with added playing time we will know for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
                            Hmmm, once again it must be said...If hamza was so "good" then why is Foxworth the backup at BOTH safety spots to Lynch and Ferguson? As of now, Foxy is the nickel CB but is also the backup to any of the starting four DBs (ie: if Bailey, Bly, Lynch or Fergie go down Foxy takes that spot).

Abdullah has looked decent in the preseason, but he's obviously not the future superstar at Safety that some think he is. If he was, he'd be starting or at least be the #1 B/U to Lynch and/or Ferguson.Too many people seem to underestimate Ferguson's play. In the last 4 years (except for last year where he was injured), he was top 3 on the team in tackles and forced fumbles. He had 5 Ints (second only to Champ) in 2005. It's no coincidence that our run defense dropped drastically after he was injured last year. He's not overly big or fast, but he is a fundamentally sound football player. Vince Lombardi said, "football is only two things, blocking and tackling" and Nick Ferguson does one thing better than most players in the league...tackle.
                            I thought he was the back up to Ferguson.

Comment

It only makes sense for the broncos to play abdullah if they are gonna lose fergie or lynch next year. even if they dont leave i want to see them play.
                              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                              While he sits by his hearth at home.
                              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X