X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    Not to mention Abdullah is a FS, not a SS
    thats good cause Lynch is a SS not a FS
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Hamza Abdullah is quite possibly the most overrated player on these boards.
      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

So what's with Ferguson this year? I suppose his time here in Denver is over, unless he becomes a solid back up lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS4LIFE8 View Post
          Over the past year i have been very impressed with Abdullah. This guy goes all out every play and is a player. Now in this preseason he has gotten even better, so that being said does anyone else besides me think Abdullah should start over Ferguson this season.
          Once we get Brandan back that should be a good combination for next season

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
            Once we get Brandan back that should be a good combination for next season
            Hopefully we can get him back. The guy isn't on the team, and I wonder how well he'll be able to return to regular form from that knee injury.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              Hopefully we can get him back. The guy isn't on the team, and I wonder how well he'll be able to return to regular form from that knee injury.
              My opinion,it seems Sam Brandans injury hurt this team more than any other injury.

Comment

hmm that's a good one

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                My opinion,it seems Sam Brandans injury hurt this team more than any other injury.
                I think I'd go with Nalen though.

We did have some horrible breakdowns in covering the TE's and they were usually with Ferguson. And the Gold isn't big enough to handle some of those guys in man but atleast he was there as opposed to Ferguson who was lost.

But we got ABUSED up the middle this year. We had to keep atleast one TE in on every play to help the oLine. ANd we had no leadership up front. And we had no one to take the situation in his hands when the other team started some BS, like Rivers, like a few defenders we saw this year getting chippy. We had no attitude up front and that killed our offense when it counted most. In tough games and in the red zone.

I'd say Nalen toughest loss on offense and on defense I'd vote for a tie between Ekuban and Brandon (strictly talking about injuries of course).
                "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Abdullah is average at best.

Originally posted by BRONCOS4LIFE8 View Post
                  Over the past year i have been very impressed with Abdullah. This guy goes all out every play and is a player. Now in this preseason he has gotten even better, so that being said does anyone else besides me think Abdullah should start over Ferguson this season.
                  If you check any of my past threads or posts from week 1, from the draft really. I said there is no way any team in the league can win with two slow safeties (Lynch and Ferguson). Although, Hamza is an upgrade from Nick. He is not the answer at safety. The answer is, was, or should have been in this case. Reggie Nelson when we traded up in the draft to get Jarvis "the bust" Moss. I'm from Florida and is a true Florida fan, so trust me. Just look at the season Reggie is having! If you think it's unfair, look at the games Moss did play until he got hurt compared to Reggie till the same week Moss got hurt. Hamza is average at best. He's out of position often, takes poor angles, and he's not a playmaker. He can play but it's totally different from a playmaker. I.E. Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Troy Polamula! Reggie Nelson is in that class but no need to cry over spilled milk. Especially after Denver's staff "blew," I mean spilled it. Idiots. They clearly don't know talent.

Comment

I agree...lol

Originally posted by Lorcust View Post
                    Hamza Abdullah is quite possibly the most overrated player on these boards.
                    He is. The guy is average at best and in this league that's well...Nick Ferguson. haha. He's just bigger and faster. There is no playmaker in him.

Comment

Originally posted by FireShanahan View Post
                      If you check any of my past threads or posts from week 1, from the draft really. I said there is no way any team in the league can win with two slow safeties (Lynch and Ferguson). Although, Hamza is an upgrade from Nick. He is not the answer at safety. The answer is, was, or should have been in this case. Reggie Nelson when we traded up in the draft to get Jarvis "the bust" Moss. I'm from Florida and is a true Florida fan, so trust me. Just look at the season Reggie is having! If you think it's unfair, look at the games Moss did play until he got hurt compared to Reggie till the same week Moss got hurt. Hamza is average at best. He's out of position often, takes poor angles, and he's not a playmaker. He can play but it's totally different from a playmaker. I.E. Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Troy Polamula! Reggie Nelson is in that class but no need to cry over spilled milk. Especially after Denver's staff "blew," I mean spilled it. Idiots. They clearly don't know talent.
                      I don't possibly see how you can think Jarvis Moss is a bust, when this is 1) his first year, and 2) he got injured in the middle of the season. Negative much? I also think Hamza has performed quite well, may not be amazing, but hey he just began to start this year as well.

This isn't saying you wont be right about these players, but jeez, give them more than their rookie year or in hamza's case first year starting at the very least.
                      Last edited by Botan; 12-28-2007, 03:43 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

since fireshanahan isnt an nfl scout i refuse to listen to what he says because he probally very rarely watches individuals and actually goes off what other people say. hazma started in only 5 games this year... where as reggie nelson has started in 15

stat lines

NELSON

61 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF, 5 ints through 15 games

HAZMA

46 tackles, 0 sacks, 2FF, and 0 ints(he should have had 3 his first start) oh yeah and this is through 5 games.....ten less than reggie nelson!!!! u do the math

Nelson is also a FS so has more coverage and tackle oppurtunities than a SS like hazma, when hazma started for lynch at FS in his first nfl start he forced a fumble almost had 3 picks and had seven tackles, he now plays SS and is still learning, the guy has only started 5 games for crying out loud!!!!!

i am quite happy with hazma and he is a big improvement and faster than ferguson, with a demanding, aggresive, powerful FS our secondary could well be shored up! (kenny phillips, Giobril wilson anyone????)

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                          since fireshanahan isnt an nfl scout i refuse to listen to what he says because he probally very rarely watches individuals and actually goes off what other people say. hazma started in only 5 games this year... where as reggie nelson has started in 15

stat lines

NELSON

61 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF, 5 ints through 15 games

HAZMA

46 tackles, 0 sacks, 2FF, and 0 ints(he should have had 3 his first start) oh yeah and this is through 5 games.....ten less than reggie nelson!!!! u do the math

Nelson is also a FS so has more coverage and tackle oppurtunities than a SS like hazma, when hazma started for lynch at FS in his first nfl start he forced a fumble almost had 3 picks and had seven tackles, he now plays SS and is still learning, the guy has only started 5 games for crying out loud!!!!!

i am quite happy with hazma and he is a big improvement and faster than ferguson, with a demanding, aggresive, powerful FS our secondary could well be shored up! (kenny phillips, Giobril wilson anyone????)
                          Nice stats! I think Hamza is a full time starter next year. The guy is young and will mature. More importantly he has shown that he can play both the FS and SS position effectively! I look forward to seeing him grow. He also brings a very physical presence to the secondary. That goes along way and players notice. He knocked Vince Young's block off in the preseason and I think he remembered it when it came to the Monday night game this year.

If there is one knock on Hamza I would have to say he seemed to go for the "big hit" in a lot of our Prime Time games and came up with air a la Roy Williams in Dallas. I think that will disappear with extra playing time.

Comment

Working...
                          X