Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will The Broncos DL be Worse Than Last Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know. I voted that it would basically be the same, but would be hard to be worse than last year. Right now, I don't have very much confidence in them. Its going to be another season of relying on everyone else to try and make up for our lack of DL.

I have some serious hope and feel confident about the rookies we drafted. They have shown promise, and so far everything stated about them has been good. So there is really no reason to believe that they can't make it. But they still need time, just as anyone does in this league.

Comment

I think we'll see marginal improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
        He has no pass-rush ability at all of course and can't collapse the pocket.
        I think it's a bit harsh to criticize Gordon for having no pass-rush when you earlier acknowledged that Bates' scheme doesn't want penetrating DTs, he just wants them to clog.

I'm saying that he's a good DT, maybe not even average, but from what I have seen, then I don't think he is as bad as you make out.

Overall, I think there will be some improvement above last year, I mean, its hard to be worse, but it will only really start to show as the season progresses and our younger players gain that much needed experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgdriver View Post
          Cugel, I would be lying if I said I wasn't VERY concerned. Having said that, I am optimistic about our draftees. My thought is that we're backed up against a wall, and these kids need to accelerate their efforts to be quality NFL players, and they know it. That was the message sent with the cuts, and the other message is that the staff has faith in their potential. I don't know if anyone has a whole lot of faith in where we are right now, but I am 'holding my breath and praying' that the young blood will embrace their role in the organization and rise to what's expected.

We all know that doesn't always happen. If that's the case, then I'm afraid our run defense will be poor for at least the beginning of the season. I would hope that after that, our revamped LB corps can make up for the inadequacies of our DTs. What a crappy place to be.

Our run defense was #2 or #3 in 2005...a big reason why we had a solid D overall. I have so much skepticism heading into the season, it hurts to think about it. I am very, very concerned about our run defense, and I can't hide it.

But I'm still optimistic that our rookies will make major contributions because I think they are legit and I think they realize that if we are going to be a championship organization, it's going to be them that determines how far we go.

Good post.
          This is an excellent post. You are right; the rookies are going to have to step up big time. And if they do, other teams better watch out! And how will our D look if we sign Simeon Rice! WOW!!!!
          Last edited by antipas; 09-03-2007, 03:10 PM. Reason: to add something relivant
          Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Working...
          X