Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos should run all over Bills Linebackers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos should run all over Bills Linebackers!

I am looking forward to Henry's debut with all of the Veteran LBs out for the season opener!

Gotta watch that Poslusny though. He's just one guy, and a rook at that, but he got game.
    sigpicCheck out "Broncos song" on youtube. Unless you are a judge in the Broncos Country Talent Search.

Comment

Defense should get it together

I've been one of those concerned Broncos fans when it comes to our starting defense so far, but I feel the kinks will be worked out. Especially now that it's go time D.J. needs to step up and I'm sure he knows it.

Comment

Only 1 of their starting LB's is out for the opener....And Poz is a rock....Hopefully our offensive line can get things going early.

Comment

Don't be counting your chicken before they're hatched, Donkeyfans.

The Bills starting LBs for Sunday's games will be: veteran Angelo Crowell at SLB, rookie Paul Posluszny at MLB, and Coy Wire at WLB in place of the injured Keith Ellison. Wire is a 5 or 6 year veteran who wasn't much as a safety (too slow) but a pretty good LB since being converted to his natural position part way through last season. He's the hardest hitter on the team, and has the right attitude for playing LB. THen will know he's been hit if he runs into Coy, and if Coy tackles him, he'll stay tackled!
          Keep Kevin Everett in your prayers ... Life > football.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinzua View Post
            Don't be counting your chicken before they're hatched, Donkeyfans.

The Bills starting LBs for Sunday's games will be: veteran Angelo Crowell at SLB, rookie Paul Posluszny at MLB, and Coy Wire at WLB in place of the injured Keith Ellison. Wire is a 5 or 6 year veteran who wasn't much as a safety (too slow) but a pretty good LB since being converted to his natural position part way through last season. He's the hardest hitter on the team, and has the right attitude for playing LB. THen will know he's been hit if he runs into Coy, and if Coy tackles him, he'll stay tackled!
            That's what I'm thinking...Crowell is underrated, Poz is a beast, and Wire is new to this so he'll be the weakest one, but still isn't bad. Denver will have to perform well and this game will not be a cake walk.

Comment

The Broncos seem to have trouble on opening day, specifically against lesser opponents. Despite this recent history, expect Denver to come away with the win with relative ease.

This isn't to say i do not have concerns about the Broncos. At this point our front seven on defense has a lot to prove. D.J. will have to show that he is capable of adapting to his new position as mlb and as the team's new defensive leader. Our defensive line has been like musical chairs these past couple months, only time will tell if we're heading in the right direction. As good of a quarterback i think Cutler will be down the road, this game is the beginning of his first full season as starting quarterback. I except jaw dropping moments (in a good way) along with plenty of growing pains.

Despite all of the concerns i listed (and many more minor ones that i didn't), it doesn't change the fact that we are still playing the Buffalo Bills. Their offensive line is below average. Losman showed a lot of improvement last season but he is by no means a star qb yet. Evans is their only real weapon on offense and we have the best cornerback in the league to counter that threat. Marshawn Lynch will presumably be taking the bulk of the carries as a rookie. Defensively they lost the big three (Clements, Fletcher, Spikes). Bills fans will insist that those losses will not hurt them, and i simply don't buy into that.

This is no guarantee win for us, but i would be very disappointed if we do not win this game.

R.I.P. D.Nash, D.Will

Comment

Originally posted by superFREAK View Post
                The Broncos seem to have trouble on opening day, specifically against lesser opponents. Despite this recent history, expect Denver to come away with the win with relative ease.

This isn't to say i do not have concerns about the Broncos. At this point our front seven on defense has a lot to prove. D.J. will have to show that he is capable of adapting to his new position as mlb and as the team's new defensive leader. Our defensive line has been like musical chairs these past couple months, only time will tell if we're heading in the right direction. As good of a quarterback i think Cutler will be down the road, this game is the beginning of his first full season as starting quarterback. I except jaw dropping moments (in a good way) along with plenty of growing pains.

Despite all of the concerns i listed (and many more minor ones that i didn't), it doesn't change the fact that we are still playing the Buffalo Bills. Their offensive line is below average. Losman showed a lot of improvement last season but he is by no means a star qb yet. Evans is their only real weapon on offense and we have the best cornerback in the league to counter that threat. Marshawn Lynch will presumably be taking the bulk of the carries as a rookie. Defensively they lost the big three (Clements, Fletcher, Spikes). Bills fans will insist that those losses will not hurt them, and i simply don't buy into that.

This is no guarantee win for us, but i would be very disappointed if we do not win this game.
                Like many fans who get their info from the national media, you are unaware that the Bills added a premier LG (Derrick Dockery) and an excellent RT (Langston Walker) to their OL this offseason. With the addition of sophomore LG Brad Butler, the Bills now have a formidible OL (LT Jason Peters and C Melvin Fowler being the other two) that only needs PT together to become one of the best units in the league. Lucky for your Donkeys, you get to play them in Week 1 not Week 11, but rest assured, they've already got pass protection down.

If your DL isn't up to snuff, Losman will pick you apart, Champ Bailey or no Champ Bailey in the secondary, because Losman has plenty of targets, including a couple of TEs who won't have to stay in to help block, RBs Lynch and Thomas, and three very different but very good in their own way WRs: Price, Parrish, and Reed.

As for the losses on the defensive side of the ball, they are greatly exaggerated. Clements will be a loss, but Spikes would have been cut if not traded and Fletcher was allowed to walk because he simply didn't fit the Bills cover2 defense.

Beware the Bills! 24-16 Bills over Donkeys on Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Kinzua View Post
                  Like many fans who get their info from the national media, you are unaware that the Bills added a premier LG (Derrick Dockery) and an excellent RT (Langston Walker) to their OL this offseason. With the addition of sophomore LG Brad Butler, the Bills now have a formidible OL (LT Jason Peters and C Melvin Fowler being the other two) that only needs PT together to become one of the best units in the league. Lucky for your Donkeys, you get to play them in Week 1 not Week 11, but rest assured, they've already got pass protection down.
                  Saying Derrick Dockery is a premier guard is stretching it. Langston Walker is definitely not an excellent tackle let alone an average tackle. He was one of the reasons why the Raiders had the worst offensive line in the league last season. Overpaying a player does not make them better. Peters is a very good, and underrated tackle. Never heard of Fowler.

If your DL isn't up to snuff, Losman will pick you apart, Champ Bailey or no Champ Bailey in the secondary, because Losman has plenty of targets, including a couple of TEs who won't have to stay in to help block, RBs Lynch and Thomas, and three very different but very good in their own way WRs: Price, Parrish, and Reed.
                  this is purely optimism/homerism. you're throwing out a lot of names, none of which are proven or even heard of.

As for the losses on the defensive side of the ball, they are greatly exaggerated. Clements will be a loss, but Spikes would have been cut if not traded and Fletcher was allowed to walk because he simply didn't fit the Bills cover2 defense.
                  apart from McGee (who struggled last season) who are your cornerbacks? i doubt the Bills front seven will be able to generate a consistant pass rush, which will give Cutler the time needed to expose the secondary.

Beware the Bills! 24-16 Bills over Donkeys on Sunday!
                  keep tellin yourself that.

R.I.P. D.Nash, D.Will

Comment

first game

Bills seem to have come a long way and it's always easy for us as Denver fans to think we're just going to walk into thier house and beat up on them. I hope we come away with a win, but I think it will be tough.
                    Haze gray and underway!

Comment

As a Bills fan it's not so much the LBs I am worried about...it's the line in front of them. For the LBs, Poz is young, but is a player, and Crowell is more than solid. Wire really only a worry in the pass game. The line is our big issue, and probably where Travis will make his hay. Doesn't matter how good the LBs play if he's already 5 yards by the line when they reach him.

Big ?s there at tackle and our DE situation has gone from pretty good to somewhat thin to "lets lock them in a room until gameday so no one can get hurt".

Comment

Saying Derrick Dockery is a premier guard is stretching it. Langston Walker is definitely not an excellent tackle let alone an average tackle. He was one of the reasons why the Raiders had the worst offensive line in the league last season. Overpaying a player does not make them better. Peters is a very good, and underrated tackle. Never heard of Fowler.
                        Just you haven't heard of a player doesn't mean he isn't any good. More to the point, Walker has played lights out in preseason, and Washington is hoping and praying that 34-year-old Pete Kendall can fill part of the hole left when Dockery departed.

this is purely optimism/homerism. you're throwing out a lot of names, none of which are proven or even heard of.
                        Losman has developed into a good QB, and with a better OL, he now has more targets. Again, just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean that they aren't quality players. You might check out the opposition before dissing them.

apart from McGee (who struggled last season) who are your cornerbacks? i doubt the Bills front seven will be able to generate a consistant pass rush, which will give Cutler the time needed to expose the secondary.
                        Webster is the starting CB. The nickel and dime backs are Greer, K Thomas, and Youboty. Adjusting to the cover 2 last year hampered the Bills secondary last season, but this is their second season in it, so they're bound to be better. Since the Bills play the cover2, they use a zone defense rather than a man-to-man, so they don't need shut down corners but shut down safeties, which they have in Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson.

DE Aaron Schobel was a Pro Bowler last year with double digit sacks, and the Bills have added a young DT in John McCargo who was injured most of last season. You might want to ask Tom Brady and Daunte Culpepper about the Bills pass rush. I think they sacked those two 9 or 10 times in the first two games of the season.

keep tellin yourself that.
                        Oh, yeah, I didn't mention special teams, did I? The Bills offense will score 2 TDs, and the ST will score another. The D will make it difficult for the Broncos to score TDs in the red zone. 24-16.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment that the Bills linebacking core is actually quite good and while he is still a rookie, from what I've seen Posluszny is going to be a good player for them and probably a steal at where he was drafted. However, with the experience we have on the line, the veterans throughout our roster, we should have enough to overcome the Bills.

Several interesting battles to look out for though:

Jay Cutler throwing against their secondary because while Donte Whitner is a very good player, the other starters in their secondary is suspect, Terence McGee hasnt shown enough consistency to be a good number 1 CB.

Our DL vs their OL since they just got some big free agents in (Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker) it'll be interesting how our new DL plays against them. They have a very good young LT in Jason Peters who is very underrated and as a TE-convert, he definitely has the quickness to deal with speed rushers. However the big battle will be whether our DT's can anchor against their running game because if they can create space for our LBs to roam and the DE's to get after the QB it could be a long day for Losman.
                          Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                          http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by dbdom View Post

Jay Cutler throwing against their secondary because while Donte Whitner is a very good player, the other starters in their secondary is suspect, Terence McGee hasnt shown enough consistency to be a good number 1 CB.

Our DL vs their OL since they just got some big free agents in (Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker) it'll be interesting how our new DL plays against them. They have a very good young LT in Jason Peters who is very underrated and as a TE-convert, he definitely has the quickness to deal with speed rushers. However the big battle will be whether our DT's can anchor against their running game because if they can create space for our LBs to roam and the DE's to get after the QB it could be a long day for Losman.
                            I think McGee has shown just enough to be considered an average CB. He had a bad stretch last year but overcame it and played better down the stretch. Is he a true no.1? Probably not. But he's not bad for a guy his size. Ko Simpson is also pretty good, he was another draft pick last year--him and Whitner are a nice duo.

The guy you should (and probably will) pick on is Jason Webster. He has just been abominable since we signed him honestly.

I'm very curious to see our O-line for the first real time too. They've looked OK in the preseason but not as good as the $$$s we put on them would indicate.Time for them to get it together.

Almost hate to say it but Losman is used to getting hit. He makes some of his best plays on the run. Necesity, not design, but I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenWheels View Post
                              I think McGee has shown just enough to be considered an average CB. He had a bad stretch last year but overcame it and played better down the stretch. Is he a true no.1? Probably not. But he's not bad for a guy his size. Ko Simpson is also pretty good, he was another draft pick last year--him and Whitner are a nice duo.

The guy you should (and probably will) pick on is Jason Webster. He has just been abominable since we signed him honestly.

I'm very curious to see our O-line for the first real time too. They've looked OK in the preseason but not as good as the $$$s we put on them would indicate.Time for them to get it together.

Almost hate to say it but Losman is used to getting hit. He makes some of his best plays on the run. Necesity, not design, but I'll take what I can get.
                              I do not think the Bills are a bad team, but I do not think they match up with Denver at all. Both starting Corners for the Bills are 5'9...our starting WRs are big and physical at 6'3 and 6'4.

You front 7 is built on speed, our Oline zone blocking works best against speed using misdirecting and over pusuit against you. We tend to have more of a problem against Big Dlines like a 3-4 that clogs the lanes and keeps our Oline from getting to the 2nd level.

So while your excellent Safties are caught between helping against the run or helping your corners out with the bigger WRs, We have Graham, Scheffler and Stokley all great at finding some soft spots in the middle.

Our D on the other hand is not going to be a D that will dominate the Line of scrimmage, but will be a big play D. I have no problem predicting that we will lead the AFC in Sacks this year. With Rice on board, we have 4 guys that can get to the QB, that means a nice rotation of guys that are fresh and ready to roll.

Yes you will be able to get a few runs in on this D but sooner or later a sack or INT from Champ or Bly is going to stop your drives.

With all that said, you guys still could win...that's the NFL and winning on the road is not an easy thing to do.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                              X