No announcement yet.

Is RAMSEY the man if CUTLER goes down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is RAMSEY the man if CUTLER goes down?

Bottom Line:

could Ramsey take us to the promis land if Cutler goes down?

\
    YES
    37.50%
    NO
    62.50%

to the promise land? How many teams make it to the 'promise land' with their Back up? How many games will he have to play.. sub for? In the past we've won with QBs a lot worse than Ramsey (Kannel comes to mind). But its just a matter of 'holding on' when your starter goes down. Weathering the storm.

But he's the #2 QB.... so he's the man if Cutler goes down. Thats why I answered yes... is he the man if cutler goes down.... yes.

Comment

If Cutler goes down... so do the Broncos.

Comment

If Cutler goes down on IR that's the end of the Broncos season. Period.

Ramsay might be able to come in and start a game or two and have a chance to get the Broncos past a total melt-down, so long as Cutler came back after that.

But, if Ramsay has to start ANY games this season Denver's chances of going to the playoffs might be sunk. And if it's more than about 2 or 3 games, the chances of getting a top 10 draft pick increase exponentially.

These days, with the salary cap no team can afford to carry a top flight QB as their backup and Denver is no exception.

Ramsay is like having a corn-cob in the bathroom. For emergency use only!
        sigpic

Comment

Fans in N.E. said the same thing when Bledsoe went down.

Look how that turned out!

My crystal ball was broke years ago.

You never know! :shrugs:

Comment

i picked ramsey is the man but only because we have no other choice. however if cutler goes down i dont believe ramsey could take us to the superbowl let alone win it. so yeah our season would be pretty much done.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by columbiaskinny View Post

other than Belicheck. I heard an interview with Bill prior to that season, and they asked him who was the biggest surprise during TCs... and he said "the second year kid we have out of michigan, Tom Brady."

But Brady was an unknown at that time.... Ramsey isn't. We know what Ramsey is and how he plays as a starter. So its not big shocker to see him as a back-up now. I think he'll be ok in a pinch.. if Cutler needs to miss a couple games for injury. Anything more than that though.... is bad new for us.

Comment

Nope Byron Leftwich will be signed, replace Cutler midway through the season and go 8-0 to finish the season. He will then beat the Colts and Patriots then win against the saints in the superbowl by a score of 55-10. . Allright heres my real answer: Yes. I think Ramsey is a good QB and when Cutler mid way through the season he could be like what Jeff Garcia was for the Eagles. So i think if Ramsey is given the chance he could shine and win some big games down the strech.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

knock On Wood !!!!!
                  Last edited by DrewB; 09-03-2007, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncomania96 View Post
                    Nope Byron Leftwich will be signed, replace Cutler midway through the season and go 8-0 to finish the season. He will then beat the Colts and Patriots then win against the saints in the superbowl by a score of 55-10. . Allright heres my real answer: Yes. I think Ramsey is a good QB and when Cutler mid way through the season he could be like what Jeff Garcia was for the Eagles. So i think if Ramsey is given the chance he could shine and win some big games down the strech.

ewww id rather have bret favre than left-over-wich
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncomania96 View Post
                      Staying on topic

Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
                      So do i, thats why i want the broncos to get him so i dont have to worry about the packers picking him up
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

Originally posted by columbiaskinny View Post

If you're waiting for Ramsay to turn into Tom Brady you'll have a long wait!

Sometimes a team gets a stroke of pure blind-luck. The biggest FREAK lucky breaks of the last 15 years or so, in order:

1. Tom Brady - drafted in the 6th round. Becomes NFL MVP and leads the Patriots to three SB's and a conference championship game.

2. Kurt Warner - undrafted NFL Europe player becomes NFL MVP and leads Rams to a championship and 2 SBs.

3. Terrell Davis -- 6th round RB rushes for 2000 yards and becomes NFL MVP and SB MVP and helps lead Denver to 2 SB championships.

4. Antonio Gates -- TE. Undrafted FA who never played football before becomes Pro-Bowl TE and helps San Diego win 14 games and get to the playoffs.

Can it happen? Sure. But not very often! There's NOBODY on the current Broncos roster who is going to come out of nowhere and succeed like any of those players. Ramsay's been in the league for a while now and he's NO Tom Brady. That's for sure.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
                          I didn't know Favre was looking for a job

Comment

imo YES

Hopelessly devoted to the Prankster

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              I didn't know Favre was looking for a job

I'm thinkin that was just another gratuitous sissy slap at a future HoFer!

Kinda like when people call Joe Montana overrated.

Montana is overrated, btw. He didn't win anything in KC.

As for Ramsey, he's the best back up Denver has had since Cutler was a back up....But the answer is: No! He can't....

Comment

Working...
                              X