• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoCanuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    i like how mike shanahans jobe security is a life time
    And it well should be but it will be the lifetime of a moth if he were to ever have a blowup season where we went like 5-11.....

Leave a comment:

• Fat Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I think they've overrated us. I've seen nothing from our play in the preseason (except the first drive vs SF) to merit this much confidence and praise. Our Defense isn't stopping anyone and our first string Offense can't score TDs in the redzone...SSDD...

It is too early to tell of course, but I wouldn't rank us the 6th best team in the league right now. With our injury problems so far and inability to gel on defense, I'd hesitate to even rank us the 6th best team in the AFC.

You just answered your own post. PRESEASON! Rember John Lynch making a fuss about game planning? Thats because NO ONE DOES IT! It wasnt him being a girl like a bunch of people wanted to believe, there is no game planning in preseason, its vanilla base defenses and mediocore offense. You dont want to tip your hand in preseason, its elementary dear watson, elementary.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Good stuff. Glad that we're finally gettin some respect.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier96B
    replied
    I think they've overrated us. I've seen nothing from our play in the preseason (except the first drive vs SF) to merit this much confidence and praise. Our Defense isn't stopping anyone and our first string Offense can't score TDs in the redzone...SSDD...

It is too early to tell of course, but I wouldn't rank us the 6th best team in the league right now. With our injury problems so far and inability to gel on defense, I'd hesitate to even rank us the 6th best team in the AFC.
    Here is my take on the preseason...it doesn't matter. Them giving saying we are number 6 is about right. I really think Shanny didn't let the team play to thier fulliest. He is hiding alot to the rest of the NFL. I honestly think shanny will come lose with all of the teams weapons against the colts. Until i think the team will do the minimal to get the job done. Number 6 is great if not underrated by 1 or 2 spots

Leave a comment:

• TheFuture6
    replied
    If the Broncos can get things clicking on defense, we think that they could topple the likes of the Colts and the Pats in the postseason, especially if the Broncos can secure home-field advantage.
    Love this part of the article. The talent is definitely there now. We should have the pass rush weve been lacking, we should have 2 corners that will make QB's pay for every mistake, we should have some of the fast LB's in the league. This might be the first year in a while where we can stop the pass but cant stop the run. But if everything works out with DJ and with our DT's, we could be in very good shape

Leave a comment:

• Cutler2007
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I give this article AT LEAST a B- because he didn't call the loss of George Foster a key loss. Overall a very good piece, a little curious why Al Wilson wasn't a key loss, but whatevers.
    Foster wasn't a key loss, in fact they should of listed his departure as a key gain.

Leave a comment:

• dbdom
    replied
    Power rankings are nice and its good to be #6 but it's all talk. It doesnt really bother me whether people rank the Broncos high or low because all I know is that we missed the playoffs last season and we are going to correct that this season. We can look back at those power rankings and see whether they were right or wrong when we either win the AFC West, get to the playoffs etc.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    I give this article AT LEAST a B- because he didn't call the loss of George Foster a key loss. Overall a very good piece, a little curious why Al Wilson wasn't a key loss, but whatevers.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    I guess it depends on they're saying. Are they saying we're the 6th best team in week 1? Or are they saying we'll be the 6th best team over the course of the season? It sounds to me like they're taking more of a long-term perspective.

If so, I agree that this team will end up being much better than they looked during the preseason. We're getting used to new players and a new defensive scheme but we should improve as the season goes on. The only question, in my opinion, is how long will it take? PFT seems to think it won't take too long.
    Agreed. There is no reason to believe that our offense will be weaker than last season. In fact, I an almost assuredly say that our offense will very much be better than last year with the addition of better talent. Honestly, there is no reason to believe our defense will be weaker than last year as well. I know the loss of Al Wilson is going to be a blow, but the addition of a better DC could over come some of that loss.

But like you said...they aren't grading for game one, but for the season. I think we have the talent on offense (barring injury) to be impressive. Whether we are as good as this article suggests.. well....... thats a tough one to meet.

Leave a comment:

• ClevelandBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
    Interesting to see Chukwurah as a key departure, but to not have Al Wilson on that list.

They didn't mention DJ having to fill in for him.

Well, it was a short piece.
    They kinda missed the key departure of Darrent Williams as well.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied

I guess it depends on they're saying. Are they saying we're the 6th best team in week 1? Or are they saying we'll be the 6th best team over the course of the season? It sounds to me like they're taking more of a long-term perspective.

If so, I agree that this team will end up being much better than they looked during the preseason. We're getting used to new players and a new defensive scheme but we should improve as the season goes on. The only question, in my opinion, is how long will it take? PFT seems to think it won't take too long.

Leave a comment:

• HORSEPOWER 56
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    The linebackers need to mentally get things down, but it all starts up front. Our guys can't get to their gaps and make plays if the interior defensive lineman don't allow them to. When you're getting your own men pushed into you because they're consistently being blown off the ball, that's a problem. The blame goes all around on the defense for the poor play in the pre-season, but the play by our interior was absolutely treacherous.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
    To be honest, I think our biggest problem is with our run defense, and I'm blaming the linebackers more than the tackles. With our ends focusing on an outside rush, the linebackers *have* to fill the gaps better than they are currently. It seems like they're taking bad angles and running into other Broncos.
    I'm sure you're right and that our linebackers are still needing to master their responsibilities in this defense. But their jobs would be much easier if our DTs, excluding perhaps Adams, weren't getting blown off the ball so often. Gordon looked to be getting better when going one-on-one but still can't take on two blockers, like so many claim is key in Bates' defense.

The linebackers should get better the more they play in this defense. But a lot of our DTs problems seem to be purely physical. I hope I'm wrong about that and that they'll also improve with time.

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    i like how mike shanahans jobe security is a life time

Leave a comment:

Working...
X