Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Shanny Depth Chart

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=...o&confirm=true

5. Selvin Young, RB, Denver: Young, an undrafted rookie out of Texas, had passed Mike Bell, an undrafted rookie last season, on the Broncos' depth chart. However, the Broncos' official website now has Cecil Sapp listed as the team's No. 2 runner and Young listed fifth. Young is still probably the best handcuff for Travis Henry, but this is why we all love to hate Mike Shanahan's constant depth-chart carousel.

14. Brandon Marshall, WR, Denver: In another wild move, Mike Shanahan has listed Brandon Stokley, not Marshall, as the No. 2 wide receiver headed into the regular-season opener in Buffalo. The more likely scenario has Marshall starting opposite Javon Walker and Stokley in the slot, but Shanahan never shows his cards. Who knows, retired wideouts Ricky Nattiel and Vance Johnson might start for all we know.

HMMM Depth chart was updated TODAY.
    Advocate: Pistol Formation

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

sigpic
    Eddie Royal!

but by whom? I don't think Shanahan writes the web page. I wouldn't worry too much about the depth chart listed on any page.

Comment

it's shanny. it doesn't mean alot.
      Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
      Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        but by whom? I don't think Shanahan writes the web page. I wouldn't worry too much about the depth chart listed on any page.
        It's on the denver page http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=134
        Advocate: Pistol Formation

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

sigpic
        Eddie Royal!

Comment

i think shanahan would list patrick ramsey as the #2 receiver if it would mess with people lol
          Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
          Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

This is what Andrew Mason says and, looking at the chart, I believe it:
            http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/

The first depth chart reflecting the 53-man roster was issued this morning, and, as with the depth charts throughout the preseason, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the order in which Broncos took the field throughout the August slate of games, although it does reflect the absence of the players that were released in the last six days.
            Anybody have the last "official" depth chart and able to delete all the guys that were cut and compare it to this one? I'll bet they're pretty similar.

We'll see if it's accurate when they take the field Sunday, at least judging by starters.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

If you remember the depth chart listed on the official website as of 20 Aug., you'll remember that Moss was listed second behind Ekuban with Dumervil third. This newest one has Dumervil first and Moss second. Other than that, it does look like they just subtracted the cut players and didn't adjust for any shuffling by the coaches.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoy View Post
                yes... but that didn't answer the point I was making. It also lists Young as the 5th running back... after we just heard that he won the backup spot, and we have been trying to trade away Bell.

So I'm just saying, that I wouldn't take this depth chart very seriously.... and its not like Shanahan himself is the one updating the website.

Comment

its just the updated old depth chart minus cuts.

Shanny said in the interview today Selvin was the #2 back

and they have 3 FBs competing and mike confirmed bells move to fullback was permanent.

so I wouldn't read to much into it I think its a lock B marshall is the #2 WR

Comment

Working...
                  X