Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Scheffler?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tony Scheffler?

    Sorry if this is a repeat post and if I started a thread wrong it is my first one. But i was just wondering what has happened Tony Scheffler? He has fallen to last on the depth chart has his play declined? or is it due to his broken foot has slowed him down and he is not use to the plays yet and timing is off with Jay? If someone could please answer this that would be awesome thanx.

  • #2
    must be the injury, or maybe didn't hussle during camp...but from what I heard he came out making mostly catches in camp...I can't believe he's our 4th best...

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't care what the depth chart looks like, he will get more playing time than Nate Jackson and he will get more oppurtunities in the passing game than Alexander.

      Comment


      • #4
        nevermind him

        our offense needs to start getting the ball to our recievers who are the real play makers. any clown on that depth chart can catch and block or they wouldnt be there plus mike shanahan is famous about keeping a mum on the depth chart anyway. when the time is right scheff is gunna be there.probably on passing downs given that he is the only real pass catching tight end we have. but he run blocks like shyt

        Comment


        • #5
          Scheffler

          Originally posted by 718broncofan View Post
          our offense needs to start getting the ball to our recievers who are the real play makers. any clown on that depth chart can catch and block or they wouldnt be there plus mike shanahan is famous about keeping a mum on the depth chart anyway. when the time is right scheff is gunna be there.probably on passing downs given that he is the only real pass catching tight end we have. but he run blocks like shyt
          I thought thats what he worked on this offseason have we really seen an imporvement or is it to early to tell?

          Comment


          • #6
            I feel it is the injury and not wanting to put too much strain on it in preaseason. Once the season comes he will get plenty of playing time because he and Jay seem to have that connection and I want them to pick up where they left off last season.
            R.I.P
            #27 Darrent Williams
            #29 Damian Nash



            Thanks MasterShake for the sig

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
              I don't care what the depth chart looks like, he will get more playing time than Nate Jackson and he will get more oppurtunities in the passing game than Alexander.
              Silks got it right. It doesn't matter what the depth chart looks like. Graham will be in more often, but Scheffler will get PLENTY of time in the game during passing downs and the red zone. The TE is pretty important to our offense, and 2 TE sets is what Shanahan ran so often in the past with Sharpe around.

              Comment


              • #8
                Blocking

                ty for answering the question just was making sure he didn't have a decline in his play but does anyone know if his blocking has gotten better?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Broncos2024 View Post
                  ty for answering the question just was making sure he didn't have a decline in his play but does anyone know if his blocking has gotten better?
                  How can we tell if he has been going up against 3rd string guys all preseason since he has gotten back?

                  His route running hasn't gotten worse that's for sure. He was open all over the field against Arizona yet Parsons couldn't hit him, especially on that play where Scheffler was wide open 20 yards downfield but Parson missed him with no pressure on him at all.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Broncos2024 View Post
                    Sorry if this is a repeat post and if I started a thread wrong it is my first one. But i was just wondering what has happened Tony Scheffler? He has fallen to last on the depth chart has his play declined? or is it due to his broken foot has slowed him down and he is not use to the plays yet and timing is off with Jay? If someone could please answer this that would be awesome thanx.
                    Im gonna say he is having himself a case of the sophmore slump. and missed some training camp. the reps with the starters is/are not there. this is where he proves he an play. this is gonna be his year
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mxbronco13 View Post
                      How can we tell if he has been going up against 3rd string guys all preseason since he has gotten back?

                      His route running hasn't gotten worse that's for sure. He was open all over the field against Arizona yet Parsons couldn't hit him, especially on that play where Scheffler was wide open 20 yards downfield but Parson missed him with no pressure on him at all.
                      His route running might be there but his pass and run blocking is just horrible. i have seen him three times this year just get blown off the ball.


                      I am sure he gets reps with the starters but the chances arent there like if he was a first or second team guy
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                        I don't care what the depth chart looks like, he will get more playing time than Nate Jackson and he will get more oppurtunities in the passing game than Alexander.
                        Thats all fine and dandy but if scheffler is not beating out jackson and jackson is looking better Denver had better start jackson over scheffler. i think it alsp should put a little motivation in him

                        in the end jackson looked great this preseason and has earned the right to be the third stringer.
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          nevertheless

                          i scooped up scheff in my big money fantasy league in the 13 round, because i know he is still the most talented tight end on the broncos and i also know that shanny will always look to sling the rock to the tightends in his offense. daniel grahm was hands down the worst acquistion by far in this offseason!!! and i think shanny doesent wanna rush graham outta town yet but if im scheff why do i play hard when your front office goes out and picks up an unproven tightend for gates and gonzalez money???????? lets not forget guys the greatest tightend to ever play(shannon sharpe) wasnt the greates run blocker either!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            With the release of Kyle Johnson, even though Sapp is a beast, and the success Henry has had running behind double-tight end sets, it seems we will be having Graham and Sheffeler on the field alot together. I can also guarantee you that Cutler will be looking for Sheffeler more often than Graham.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                              Thats all fine and dandy but if scheffler is not beating out jackson and jackson is looking better Denver had better start jackson over scheffler. i think it alsp should put a little motivation in him

                              in the end jackson looked great this preseason and has earned the right to be the third stringer.
                              Graham and Scheff will be the starters on two TE sets. On short yardage or goal line (they will probably replace one with a lineman) but Alexander would probably get the nod. If its passing downs and we want the TE in the pattern or a threat to be in the pattern, Scheff will be in. If we are going against a heavy blitzing situation and working to max protect, we may see Alexander in. But Scheff is the guy that will see the more time played along with Graham.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X