Moss Vs Engelberger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moss Vs Engelberger

How long do you think it will take before Jarvis Moss suplants J. Engelberger as the starting left end. I know he is a rookie but J. Engelberger. Come on!

Im hoping that J.Moss will have the same impact as Jevon Kearse did for the Titans puting him around 12-14 sacks also Defensive rookie of the year.
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I heard Mike Shanahan say that Moss will not start but will see significant playing time. If his numbers are like Jevon Kearse's i'm sure Shany would change his mind.

Comment

Does it really matter if Moss doesnt start if he gets over 10 sacks? We didnt get him to stop the run.

Comment

You are right about the sack total. And with Engelberger's experience, he gets the nod. But with Rice on one end and Moss on the other, the Broncos have to give them time to absorb Jim Bates' system. I just feel Moss can have an immediate impact on the D line.

Comment

Moss will definitly be the 3rd down/passing situation rusher. Engelberger is very solid against the run and will play 1st and 2nd downs. But I do not see Moss getting the starting job this year. Elvis made an impact last year without starting. Broncos like to rotate on the d-line so eveyone will see snaps. I have faith in the guy, I like what I have seen, regular season is here so lets see how it goes.
            Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
            GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
            #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
            #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
            #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
            #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
            Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

My guess is about a year maybe a little longer.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

That is probably how it will go. And to be quite honest, I feel like Elvis D. is going to see quite a bit of playing time. Which is a good thing. I just hope the addition of Rice makes a difference because the D line is sooooo important.

Comment

From what I've seen, the only place Moss is ready to start is on kick coverage. He was really pushed around in the Cardinals game. I'm not down on him, and I think he can contribute this year, but he's not nearly ready to play every down.

Comment

to be completely honest how cares? I think we need to rotate them in over and over on passing downs and running downs just to have fresh legs. With Rice, Dumervil, Moss, Crowder and Engelburger we should have our share of sacks this year so let's wait and see. But for now Moss needs to just play his roll and not worry about starting. We have good depth everywhere on the line so we really shouldn't worry about who's starting and who's not, just get out there and sack the QB, it will speak for itself!!!

Comment

Originally posted by x8cavrsp View Post
                      How long do you think it will take before Jarvis Moss suplants J. Engelberger as the starting left end. I know he is a rookie but J. Engelberger. Come on!
                      About a year
                      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

he wont start unless he can bring up his skill stopping the run
                        go broncos

Comment

Originally posted by x8cavrsp View Post
                          Good question, I hope Jarvis has an answer ready for us...

Seriously, Engelberger doesn't get enough credit for what he does. He's high motor, good pursuit, disciplined. He doesn't seem to have the explosiveness of a high-sack guy, but he's done a good job for us. He doesn't get blown out of the play during runs; he stays with his assignment at the expense of getting more sacks. He's faster than most think. He's got great stamina. He's a solid DE, but he's not a penetrator. I'm fine with him starting until Moss shows he's the truth.

Comment

If Engleburger gets replaced by a rookie this year, it will be Crowder. Moss will be the starter on the right side next year. Both Crowder and Moss will have plenty of opportunities to help the team win games this year, but we definitely don't need to rush them into starting roles just yet.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I think everyone is underrating Dumervil. He should get the start before Moss or Crowder, he's earned it. Don't get me wrong, I like what I'm seeing from both the rookies, but give them some time to adjust, and smarten up on the run defense a little bit.
                              I'll tell you one thing, it's been a long dang time since I've been excited about Denver's D-line. I'm just happy to have a little depth, and some up-and-comers.

Personally, I think if the line tightens everything up, and the DB's play like they can, It's entirely possible to see Denver's defense with a higher scoring average than many opposing offenses. How great would that be?

Comment

Working...
                              X