Jarvis Moss in Arizona.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarvis Moss in Arizona.

I was watching the replay of the Arizona game, and did anyone else think Moss looked totally worn out early? It seemed every time the camera zoomed in on him he either had his hands on his hips or his facial expressions were like "I'm so tired"

You think he's still not used to the altitude, or is it usually that tough for rookies? I really haven't noticed anyone else but maybe I'm just being paranoid

Edit: Should have said "Arizona game" because it was played here =p
    Last edited by Botan; 09-05-2007, 03:29 PM.
    sigpic

I noticed that too, but I'm wondering if he's the kind of guy that wears his emotions (and conditioning) on his sleeve. His motor seemed to be working quite well late in to the game, but he did look a little winded out there at times.

I also noticed that he was getting his fair share of double teams. Couple that with the fact that he was getting more playing time than normal because the starters were sitting and that might explain it.

Tired, un-conditioned, or whatever... I did like his effort that night.

... but wait ...

Maybe that's it. I saw how tired he looked, yet he kept on going strong. Was it for show (for the coaches)? As if obvious fatigue equates maximum effort? Hmmm... If that was the case then maybe his rookieness was really showing through.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Well being double teamed makes a whole lot of difference, remember Trevor Pryce requesting the move from DT to DE?
      Even though he was an extremely powerful man at DT the double teams were still wearing him out every game and he let it be known by his post game interviews.

Now factor that in with the fact that Jarvis is a rookie playing at altitude.

I'll tell you one thing, seeing Jarvis being double teamed was a very good sign, imagine Simeon rice and Sam Adams taking on those double team blocks. Jarvis will be locked one on one!

Comment

I think Kaylore noted he got winded alot in practice. but always played hard even when winded. Moss ia a rookie it could be that he is not conditioned that great. and remember he probably isnt much more then 255 lbs going against NFL starters are making him work for it. they know how to take his speed away from him. Between Doom, The coaches, and Simeon Rice. i think he is gonna get alot of guidancel.
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Yeah, he seems to be fatigued easily when he has to play long stretches...and he is also less effective. I think he tries to pace himself but doesnt have a handle on it yet. Since hes a rookie, im not sure if he functions at optimum efficiency.

Comment

I did notice that too, and it was on the 1st drive of the game ! Although it was a long drive Moss looked as if it was a 4th quarter drive , so much he came out for a breather as they reached the red zone. That being said he seemed to be physically involved the rest of the game. I think he will be fine.

Comment

People don't think that the altitude makes that big of a difference, but it does to some players.

He was grippin pretty hard...

Comment

Maybe it's still takin Moss a while to get used to the air? Although, it has been a while, but I mean, it does have an effect.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                2. Taxes
                3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I don't remember him getting by his man once. Every time I watched him he was stood up the entire play.

Comment

Moss is not even remotely close to being ready for the NFL...that more than anything was the reasoning behind the signing of Simeon Rice.

Moss has played exactly one year as a starter since he graduated High School.

The best hope is he can rotate with Rice, Dumervil and Crowder and that the young guys can develop enough this year to compete to start next year. Crowder is the closest to being ready, and that is really no suprise since he basically played four full yerars at Texas; Big time football on big time stage.

Moss and Thomas will spend a year looking like the equivalent of a rookie QB this year...lost.

The hope is they get better as they go anlong, but they won't contribute much early.

Wonder how Anthony Spencer is doing in Dallas?

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                      Moss is not even remotely close to being ready for the NFL...that more than anything was the reasoning behind the signing of Simeon Rice.

The best hope is he can rotate with Rice, Dumervil and Crowder and that the young guys can develop enough this year to compete to start next year. Crowder is the closest to being ready, and that is really no suprise since he basically played four full yerars at Texas; Big time football on big time stage.

Moss and Thomas will spend a year looking like the equivalent of a rookie QB this year...lost.

The hope is they get better as they go anlong, but they won't contribute much early.

You make a very valid point when you say that he didnt see as much playing time as Crowder in college. But its important to point out that he had a lot of weight loss from an infection and if not for that, he would likely be more polished entering the NFL...but he might also me less attainable. To be honest, Moss may have the highest upside of any DE in the draft...time will tell, but he still has a little ways to go in terms of his fitness.

Comment

The Cowboys list him second string to a player struggling to come back from an achilles injury....They're carving his bust for Canton as we speak.....

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                          The Cowboys list him second string to a player struggling to come back from an achilles injury....They're carving his bust for Canton as we speak.....
                          Well, we'll see how it plays out in the year to come.

I still say we Drafted the wrong guy....but that's just me.

Comment

Well, we'll see how it plays out in the year to come.

I still say we Drafted the wrong guy....but that's just me.

Either or, it makes me happy they drafted a DE.

Watching Moss, he reminds me of Alfred Williams....I haven't watched Spencer much at all, I can't stand that style of offense they play so I only watch Purdue when they play Michigan (Stop laughing).

Moss has done nothing to disappoint me so far, but he's exactly what you said, a year away from competing for a starting job....But I kinda thought that would be the case from the beginning....

Comment

Your body starts making extra hemaglobin (which carries oxygen) within 2-3 days when exposed to higher altitudes. It does not take months for the human body to aclimate to the higher altitude. I did not see the game, so it is hard to speculate. Maybe more of a transition from college to pros.

Comment

Working...
                              X