Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DP: Late-season injuries prove that Tim Tebow can't make a living as a run-first qb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistachia
    replied
    Originally posted by All the Orange View Post
    The problem with this is that it is faulty logic. It's like saying you shouldn't swim because you might drown or you shouldn't eat because you might choke. If you play football you have a chance of getting injured. I'm not sure if anybody told you, but they usually try to hit the guy with the ball. If you play it might happen.
    You seem to assume that all risk is equal. Swimming in a shark-infested ocean is more dangerous than swimming in a pool. Eating sushi in a filthy dive is more dangerous than a cheese sandwich.

Football is, in fact, dangerous. That doesn't mean it's not possible to make decisions which dramatically increase the already significant risks. A QB frequently running a ball is just more dangerous than passing, period. Risks cannot be avoided, but they can be calculated and managed.

Leave a comment:

• Tron4JC
    replied
    Randall also started in first season passing for 42 percent. He himself said he was no more accurate than Tebow when he started out and believe Tebow will go on to a very good career.

Leave a comment:

• Oilersfan34
    replied
    [QUOTE=kingpins9;4263939]It didn't. Go actually watch the play he was "injured" on. There's a difference between getting bruised in routine football plays and actually being injured.

Comparing Tebow to Vick or Cunningham is a non-starter. Tebow is much, much tougher than either of those guys. Eyesight proves it.[/QUOTE

Yeah cunningham and Vick were / are better qb's. Cunningham was tough as nails. He took shots on a regular basis that would put normal men out. You clearly never say Randall play.

Leave a comment:

• neckbeard
    replied
    I assume you're adding weight to my argument, if not I'm missing your point. But yes, a good example of people that were injured from just playing football, just like the supposedly protected pocket passers.
    Just which QBs were placed on IR this season? How were they hurt? Inside the pocket or outside? I can't find a comprehensive list, so I'll just ask for everyone to throw in what they know about how NFL QBs wound up on the IR in 2011.

I'll start.

Jay Cutler - broke his thumb while trying to tackle a defender running back a pick - OUTSIDE THE POCKET.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    I assume you're adding weight to my argument, if not I'm missing your point. But yes, a good example of people that were injured from just playing football, just like the supposedly protected pocket passers.
    the point is, the more times a player is exposed to taking a hit, the more likely it is that player will be injured.

Leave a comment:

• roperdoug
    replied
    Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
    Just thought I ask, can Tim keep running the way he did this year?

Link
    I thought we were doing enough experimenting in 2011. No, I've seen were the quarterback rotation worked in college and when they haven't. Have you ever seen a pro team successfully use a rotation. It's enough confusion when they rotate linesmen in and out.
    We need to spend more time building several solid but flexible offensive schemes that Tim and the Offense and work on and get in sync.

Leave a comment:

• All the Orange
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    why don't you make a list of all the injured players that got hurt on routine plays. I'll help you get started. These are the Broncos on IR and doesn't count the guys who just missed games. How did they all get hurt?

83 Dell, Mark
    42 Fannin, Mario
    73 Kuper, Chris
    46 Larsen, Spencer
    27 Moreno, Knowshon
    22 Thompson, Syd'Quan
    41 Vaughn, Cassius
    99 Vickerson, Kevin
    94 Warren, Ty

Leave a comment:

• All the Orange
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    another person that fails to see the actual point. Many are going by "he didnt get hurt last year except one time in the pocket so he can never get hurt running the ball so much". All those hits he takes on the option plays and direct snaps and all those times he is running are breaking down the body. He takes that damage in addition to the damage he takes from the pocket. He is a bigger so he can prevent the big injuries unlike some of the smaller guys but the damage is still being done. He has taken a good amount of vicious hits this year and just becuase he appears to be fine and get up quick doesnt mean it didnt make an impact. He wont have a very long career playing this way and as time goes on and the body breaks down from all those hits you will see the injuries happen more frequently. Look at vick. He wasnt as big as tebow is and he took more abuse than your average QB. Now he can barely stay on the field. It seems like until the big injury happens alot of yall will think he is superman and can take hits all day unfazed.

So, on Sundays in the late summer, fall, and early winter they have this thing called the National Football League. It's actually pretty neat, professional football teams from around the country compete. You should check it out! If you watched, you would see the horrific injuries that pocket passers suffer year after year after year from standing immobile in the pocket while getting hit full speed by 250-300lb men! Concussions, broken legs, broken ribs, the list goes on. You should really try to check it out next year though, they usually play it on TV on Sundays, but you can sometimes watch monday nights and Saturdays as well.

Nobody is saying Tebow won't get injured. They are saying it doesn't matter if you stand in the pocket or run around like a banshee, it is the game of football. People get hurt. Standing in the pocket doesn't change that. For reference see any Detroit Lions game, or look at the massive list of injured pocket QBs (about 6 of which were placed on IR) that I posted.

Leave a comment:

• Mk2_Tebow
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Tebow won't stop running. His injuries happened in the pocket. He was hit while trying to throw the ball. Tebow: 122 rushing attempts. Cam Newton: 126 rushing attempts. And no one says Newton should stop running... This "run, don't run" thing will not be an issue if the passing yards increase. Such discussion happens because the Broncos had the fewest passing attempts and a running QB that defies the conventional ways. Once Tebow starts missing games because of his running ability, he will adapt like every mobile QB that gets older. But since he got hurt while playing like a pocket passer, I see no reason to change his style. The passing attempts must go up. Let him throw on 1st down. The yards through the air must improve, the completion percentage must improve. If the passing game gets better, everyone will stop worryng about how many rushing attempts Tebow has.
    There is almost too much logic and common sense in this post .

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    This is just like the thread where Tebow fans were actually saying that he'd never sustain an injury in the NFL.

I'm gonna go find it, because its as funny as this one.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    The problem with this is that it is faulty logic. It's like saying you shouldn't swim because you might drown or you shouldn't eat because you might choke. If you play football you have a chance of getting injured. I'm not sure if anybody told you, but they usually try to hit the guy with the ball. If you play it might happen.

Here is a list of pocket QBs injured this year:

Andy Dalton
    Matt Shaub
    Alex Smith
    Jason Campbell
    Kerry Collins
    Peyton Manning
    Mathew Stafford
    Sam Bradford
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Tony Romo
    Matt Leinart
    Matt Moore
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Kevin Kolb
    Christian Ponder
    Matt Cassel
    Jay Cutler
    Rex Grossman
    Colt McCoy
    Kyle Orton (finger lol)
    A.J. Feeley
    T.J. Yates
    Tom Brady

THE NUMBER OF TIMES TIM TEBOW APPEARED ON THE INJURY REPORT IS ZERO!!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Is your entire argument..."umm dude well he seems to get hit a lot and um dude that really looks like it hurts man" Guess what, Tebow knows, Tebow doesn't care. The one time he did get injured was when the offensive line had a collapse of epic proportions and he was forced to stand in the pocket and take hit after hit after hit. Obviously the facts speak for themselves. If anything, pocket passers take more damage most likely because they cannot prepare themselves for the hits.

/rant off

//thread
    why don't you make a list of all the injured players that got hurt on routine plays. I'll help you get started. These are the Broncos on IR and doesn't count the guys who just missed games. How did they all get hurt?

83 Dell, Mark
    42 Fannin, Mario
    73 Kuper, Chris
    46 Larsen, Spencer
    27 Moreno, Knowshon
    22 Thompson, Syd'Quan
    41 Vaughn, Cassius
    99 Vickerson, Kevin
    94 Warren, Ty

Leave a comment:

• johnjoda
    replied
    Wow, i am surprised by the results of this. An NFL team can not make it through the season with a single running back anymore, but people believe Tim is immune to the same injuries?

This is an eye opener. The realities of football are not being considered here. D's want any reason for a free shot at a QB, and even more with Tim.

I am concerned that Tim can make it through a season playing the way he does, and I believe he could have a shortened career if he does not adjust.

Leave a comment:

• Npba900
    replied
    Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
    Just thought I ask, can Tim keep running the way he did this year?

Link
    Elway is greatly concerned as well. John knows from experience. Elway knows its just a matter of time before the injury bugs start to become more frequent.

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied

Andy Dalton
    Matt Shaub
    Alex Smith
    Jason Campbell
    Kerry Collins
    Peyton Manning
    Mathew Stafford
    Sam Bradford
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Tony Romo
    Matt Leinart
    Matt Moore
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Kevin Kolb
    Christian Ponder
    Matt Cassel
    Jay Cutler
    Rex Grossman
    Colt McCoy
    Kyle Orton (finger lol)
    A.J. Feeley
    T.J. Yates
    Tom Brady

THE NUMBER OF TIMES TIM TEBOW APPEARED ON THE INJURY REPORT IS ZERO!!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Is your entire argument..."umm dude well he seems to get hit a lot and um dude that really looks like it hurts man" Guess what, Tebow knows, Tebow doesn't care. The one time he did get injured was when the offensive line had a collapse of epic proportions and he was forced to stand in the pocket and take hit after hit after hit. Obviously the facts speak for themselves. If anything, pocket passers take more damage most likely because they cannot prepare themselves for the hits.

/rant off

//thread
    another person that fails to see the actual point. Many are going by "he didnt get hurt last year except one time in the pocket so he can never get hurt running the ball so much". All those hits he takes on the option plays and direct snaps and all those times he is running are breaking down the body. He takes that damage in addition to the damage he takes from the pocket. He is a bigger so he can prevent the big injuries unlike some of the smaller guys but the damage is still being done. He has taken a good amount of vicious hits this year and just becuase he appears to be fine and get up quick doesnt mean it didnt make an impact. He wont have a very long career playing this way and as time goes on and the body breaks down from all those hits you will see the injuries happen more frequently. Look at vick. He wasnt as big as tebow is and he took more abuse than your average QB. Now he can barely stay on the field. It seems like until the big injury happens alot of yall will think he is superman and can take hits all day unfazed.

Leave a comment:

• All the Orange
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    i think people are missing the point and only are pointing to one bad hit he sustained in the pocket and not seeing all this hits that add up when he runs with the ball. the QB shouldnt walk away from the game feeling the the RB does after the game. all those hits are wear and tear to different parts of his body. most iimortnatly his arms shoulders head. bad enough he gets hit in the pocket as most QBs do but he is taking more abuse than necesary. im curious to find out how many hits he has taken this season from all the games in the pocket and running as opposed to other QBs. maybe im wrong maybe im right idk.

Andy Dalton
    Matt Shaub
    Alex Smith
    Jason Campbell
    Kerry Collins
    Peyton Manning
    Mathew Stafford
    Sam Bradford
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Tony Romo
    Matt Leinart
    Matt Moore
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Kevin Kolb
    Christian Ponder
    Matt Cassel
    Jay Cutler
    Rex Grossman
    Colt McCoy
    Kyle Orton (finger lol)
    A.J. Feeley
    T.J. Yates
    Tom Brady

/rant off

//thread

Leave a comment:

Working...
X