Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DP: Late-season injuries prove that Tim Tebow can't make a living as a run-first qb

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
    Just thought I ask, can Tim keep running the way he did this year?

    Link
    I voted I dont know cause who knows how much he can take.

    I am sure of one thing though, we all know he can pass. Look at his stats in College, against GOOD SEC Def. And in the NFL, when he is given time and makes his reads.

    He will only learn and get better, given the chanc3e.
    sigpicoh YEAH?

    Comment


    • #47
      He needs to throw it more, and he got hit in the pocket.

      Comment


      • #48
        It just boggles my mind that fans are so adament that Tebow can keep running the ball 10 times a game every game and never get hurt.

        I'm really starting to think that with regards to Tebow, it's just impossible to discuss him logically or with any ration.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by kingpins9 View Post
          It didn't. Go actually watch the play he was "injured" on. There's a difference between getting bruised in routine football plays and actually being injured.

          Comparing Tebow to Vick or Cunningham is a non-starter. Tebow is much, much tougher than either of those guys. Eyesight proves it.
          so because Tebow is thicker, that makes him indestructible? You don't think being "bruised in routine plays" can affect his QB ability? You guys are unbelievable. Every single snap a player is on the field he has a risk of injury. If you add in being hit more often the chances of injury go up. That is just simple math. How many RBs went down with injuries this season? How many played hurt? Do you really think it is a wise move to have your starting QB be a target so often? Tebow was the 39th ranked runner by attempts. If you add in all the times he is hit in the pocket, it's just a matter of time before he gets hurt.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            It just boggles my mind that fans are so adament that Tebow can keep running the ball 10 times a game every game and never get hurt.

            I'm really starting to think that with regards to Tebow, it's just impossible to discuss him logically or with any ration.
            you and me both.......
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              anyone who votes "yes" that Tebow can run as much as he did this past season and not get hurt are just fooling themselves. Maybe he could for a season here or there but he would not be able to sustain that for extended seasons.
              Most of the most devastating hits to quarterbacks are when he is in the pocket. How many times have you seen him get demolished when he's past the line of scrimmage? It's moreso defenders getting out of his way than vice-versa.

              He's built like a fullback. Any other quarterback would be facing men that are physically superior, Timmy is in better shape, and is a better athlete than most of the men trying to tackle him.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

              Comment


              • #52
                In the NFL, everyone gets hurt. They all do. Brady got hurt....and missed almost the whole season. Brees was seriously injured. Big Ben....Cutler......Manning. Except for Farve, every QB gets hurt. I don't care if you run the ball 10 times or pass 40 times a game....you ARE gonna get hurt.

                Can Tebow last longer with less running? Maybe, but that offensive line better get better of any Bronco QB is gonna get hammered.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  so because Tebow is thicker, that makes him indestructible? You don't think being "bruised in routine plays" can affect his QB ability? You guys are unbelievable. Every single snap a player is on the field he has a risk of injury. If you add in being hit more often the chances of injury go up. That is just simple math. How many RBs went down with injuries this season? How many played hurt? Do you really think it is a wise move to have your starting QB be a target so often? Tebow was the 39th ranked runner by attempts. If you add in all the times he is hit in the pocket, it's just a matter of time before he gets hurt.
                  C'mon, man, you've been around long enough to know that logic has no place in discussions about Tebow.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                    Most of the most devastating hits to quarterbacks are when he is in the pocket. How many times have you seen him get demolished when he's past the line of scrimmage? It's moreso defenders getting out of his way than vice-versa.

                    He's built like a fullback. Any other quarterback would be facing men that are physically superior, Timmy is in better shape, and is a better athlete than most of the men trying to tackle him.
                    so FBs never get injured. Ok, thx, I didn't realize that. I thought they did. I also didn't realize that Tebow is in better shape than most of the LBs, Safeties and DEs in the league. My mistake.

                    What ended TDs career? oh yea, a routine tackle.
                    What ended APs season? Oh yea, routine running play and blew out his knee.
                    What ended Mark Ingram's season? Oh yea, a toe injury.
                    how do most guys get injured? Oh yea, on routine plays and fluke circumstances.

                    All it takes is one fluke play to roll an ankle, pop a shoulder, hurt a hand, damage a knee and tebow is out. Common sense says you want to limit those odds to your starting QB. This discussion just shows how little common sense some of you have.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
                      C'mon, man, you've been around long enough to know that logic has no place in discussions about Tebow.
                      I keep forgetting that
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        so FBs never get injured. Ok, thx, I didn't realize that. I thought they did. I also didn't realize that Tebow is in better shape than most of the LBs, Safeties and DEs in the league. My mistake.

                        What ended TDs career? oh yea, a routine tackle.
                        What ended APs season? Oh yea, routine running play and blew out his knee.
                        What ended Mark Ingram's season? Oh yea, a toe injury.
                        how do most guys get injured? Oh yea, on routine plays and fluke circumstances.

                        All it takes is one fluke play to roll an ankle, pop a shoulder, hurt a hand, damage a knee and tebow is out. Common sense says you want to limit those odds to your starting QB. This discussion just shows how little common sense some of you have.
                        It's two-fold.

                        By arguing to allow Tebow to continue to run it as much as he has, the fanatics automatically give themselves an excuse in case the Broncos do ultimately limit his runs (which is inevitable and logical) that if he struggles they're "not allowing Tebow to be Tebow".

                        Also, Tebow's running ability is (admittingly) an exciting part of his game and the only thing he really does well at this point. So it's natural his hardcore fans would ignore sane, rational arguments against him running the football so much and argue that because he's built bigger it's impossible for him to get injured.

                        I'm just brushing it off. The last discussion on this I got into with a Tebow fanatic ended with the guy admitting he didn't care if Tebow had a long, sustainable career nor did he think he would have anyway - that Tebow just needs to be Tebow as long as he could and let the pieces fall as they may, more or less. Like I said, rational thought and logic just don't apply when it comes to discussions relating to Tim Tebow.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Idk if you guys realized this but every player in the NFL is at risk of geting hurt

                          Tebow didn't even miss any games this year. I don't see your point "logical" fans lmao. Does calling everyone else stupid make you feel smart?

                          Tebow is just as likely to get hit while in the pocket as he is running. I really don't understand the point of this argument. QB's touch the ball every play...they are prone to injury. Tebow isn't different. Every QB is prone to injury. Some (Vick) get hurt more and no one sees articles telling him to stop running. (fan of Vick by the way don't think i'm trying to attack him but he is injury prone)

                          I think Tebow will stop running when he isn't as athletic if he's playing when he's older. But as of now there's no reason to tell him to stop. He's gotten hurt twice in two years and missed zero games.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            When Tebow runs, his knees are no longer off limits. Someone's going to get him right in the kneecap one day.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
                              When Tebow runs, his knees are no longer off limits. Someone's going to get him right in the kneecap one day.
                              You think defensive players actually make a conscious effort to not hit the QB anywhere they can?

                              They don't care about the new rules (understandably). They have on thought when rushing the passer "Get QB".

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                                You think defensive players actually make a conscious effort to not hit the QB anywhere they can?

                                They don't care about the new rules (understandably). They have on thought when rushing the passer "Get QB".
                                Actually, I do. Hit the QB in the knees, get a 15 yarder.

                                They specifically learn nowadays to not hit them in the knees, no matter what. Even Harrison doesn't do it anymore. Instead, he goes after the knees of runners and receivers. See Eric Decker.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X