Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DP: Late-season injuries prove that Tim Tebow can't make a living as a run-first qb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #Broncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
    Let not the truth get in the way of a troll article. Tebow sustained a crushing injury inside the pocket.

One thing I'm sick of is lying sports writers.
    Sometimes I wonder if they write this nonsense just to have something to talk about, because it's clearly not true. The only thing worse are the detractors that regurgitate these articles as fact. This topic is as stupid as comparing the 1-4 start of a proven failure veteran QB to the ending of a young first year starting QB that made it to the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Nimrod
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    It just boggles my mind that fans are so adament that Tebow can keep running the ball 10 times a game every game and never get hurt.

I'm really starting to think that with regards to Tebow, it's just impossible to discuss him logically or with any ration.
    1. I don't think anyone is saying he will NEVER get hurt. That's just silly. This is the NFL we are talking about. Are you suggesting if he doesn't run he will NEVER get hurt? Of course you aren't.

2. Many of us feel the premiss that running automatically means injury it like saying standing in the pocket automatically mean NO injury.

3. Everyone gets injured to some degree or another in the NFL. The suggestion that you can take that information and pug in some players style as automatically causing an injury is over reaching to many of us. It's like saying if Dale Earnhart, Jr. wears wrangler jeans he will get in a wreck on the race track. No kidding!
    Last edited by Nimrod; 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nyuk nyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
    He got hurt in the pocket.......................
    Let not the truth get in the way of a troll article. Tebow sustained a crushing injury inside the pocket.

One thing I'm sick of is lying sports writers.

Leave a comment:

• Buckin' Bronco
    replied
    Football is a contact sport, injuries are bound to occur regardless of whether the QB remains in the pocket or scrambles. It's not like Tim breaks out of the pocket and seeks out defenders to run over. The only time I've ever seen him try to run someone over was for a score or a key play in a late game drive. Pocket QB's can get hurt on any given play just like a mobile QB can. In my opinion most devastating injuries to QB's tend to occur in the pocket when they get blindsided. When Tim scrambles I believe he has more control and protection then he would running than being in the pocket in a lot of cases. People tend to make big issues out of minute things and this is no different. Athletes sustain injuries, they always have and they always will. There is not one QB who has played football injury free for his entire career!

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
    Wouldn't matter. He's built like a steel ox, he can take the pounding...right?

I guess the difference is when he's in the pocket he becomes far less super-heroic thanks to his inferior human offensive line.
    I literally never said anything close to that but okay i guess lol

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    That statement is ridiculous. Odds are he will be hit running are probably close to 90% or nearly every time. Is he likely to get hit in the pocket nearly everytime?
    I meant to type "hurt" not hit sorry

Leave a comment:

• tat2matt
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    That statement is ridiculous. Odds are he will be hit running are probably close to 90% or nearly every time. Is he likely to get hit in the pocket nearly everytime?
    Wouldn't matter. He's built like a steel ox, he can take the pounding...right?

I guess the difference is when he's in the pocket he becomes far less super-heroic thanks to his inferior human offensive line.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Idk if you guys realized this but every player in the NFL is at risk of geting hurt

Tebow didn't even miss any games this year. I don't see your point "logical" fans lmao. Does calling everyone else stupid make you feel smart?

Tebow is just as likely to get hit while in the pocket as he is running. I really don't understand the point of this argument. QB's touch the ball every play...they are prone to injury. Tebow isn't different. Every QB is prone to injury. Some (Vick) get hurt more and no one sees articles telling him to stop running. (fan of Vick by the way don't think i'm trying to attack him but he is injury prone)

I think Tebow will stop running when he isn't as athletic if he's playing when he's older. But as of now there's no reason to tell him to stop. He's gotten hurt twice in two years and missed zero games.

Leave a comment:

• tat2matt
    replied
    Idk if you guys realized this but every player in the NFL is at risk of geting hurt
    Of course everyone knows this, which is why the "He's so big and athletic" argument is baseless. It's also why choosing to expose your QB to more opportunities to be hurt is a bad choice.

Tebow didn't even miss any games this year. I don't see your point "logical" fans lmao. Does calling everyone else stupid make you feel smart?

Tebow is just as likely to get hit while in the pocket as he is running. I really don't understand the point of this argument. QB's touch the ball every play...they are prone to injury. Tebow isn't different. Every QB is prone to injury.
    I said earlier and I will repeat the logic...the fact that your QB touches the ball every offensive play and is expected to make things happen every down is the exact reason that you would want to lessen his injury potential. Just because anyone could be injured on any play doesn't mean you should just let your QB run amok and say "Whatever happens, happens." Saying things like "He's built like a fullback" is completely silly; fullbacks, linebackers...guys who are as big and as athletic as he is get injured in the open field a lot. Inviting that kind of pounding on the guy who is supposed be leading your offense on every down is dumb.

Some (Vick) get hurt more and no one sees articles telling him to stop running. (fan of Vick by the way don't think i'm trying to attack him but he is injury prone)
    It's not just Vick. V. Young, McNabb, McNair, Cunningham...those guys all spent more time nursing injuries than the average pocket QB. There is a reason that QBs have much longer careers than do RBs. The body, no matter how big or how athletic, can only take so much abuse.

I think Tebow will stop running when he isn't as athletic if he's playing when he's older. But as of now there's no reason to tell him to stop. He's gotten hurt twice in two years and missed zero games.
    He's fortunate. He will get to that point of being "older" much more quickly if he continues to run too much.

No one is saying that he should never run, but asking him to carry a load similar to a RB is just begging for disaster. It's not difficult to see the logic in that.

Leave a comment:

• Ahrum
    replied
    Just because they practice not doing it doens't mean they consciously don't

Game time goes so fast you can't really expect it. I don't think the new rules make defenses shy away at all in that consideration.
    Welp, I think that defenses are consciously aware of the new rules and detrimenting their team by giving the offense over 1/10 of the entire field for free.

I think safeties think twice about hitting a receiver while he's still in the air nowadays. I think pass rushers do everything they can to avoid hitting the QB in the head or knees while they try to get the sack.

Difference of opinion. Either way, going strictly by the rules, not by either of our feelings, Tebow has a higher chance of getting his knees blown out as a runner than a QB.

Leave a comment:

• Giddy'up
    replied
    The type of injury he sustained was from being static in the pocket,,, at least on the run he has a chance to slide get out of bounds or deflect oncoming hits,,, in the pocket you absorb 100% of the hit.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
    Actually, I do. Hit the QB in the knees, get a 15 yarder.

They specifically learn nowadays to not hit them in the knees, no matter what. Even Harrison doesn't do it anymore. Instead, he goes after the knees of runners and receivers. See Eric Decker.
    Just because they practice not doing it doens't mean they consciously don't

Game time goes so fast you can't really expect it. I don't think the new rules make defenses shy away at all in that consideration.

Leave a comment:

• Ahrum
    replied
    You think defensive players actually make a conscious effort to not hit the QB anywhere they can?

They don't care about the new rules (understandably). They have on thought when rushing the passer "Get QB".
    Actually, I do. Hit the QB in the knees, get a 15 yarder.

They specifically learn nowadays to not hit them in the knees, no matter what. Even Harrison doesn't do it anymore. Instead, he goes after the knees of runners and receivers. See Eric Decker.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
    When Tebow runs, his knees are no longer off limits. Someone's going to get him right in the kneecap one day.
    You think defensive players actually make a conscious effort to not hit the QB anywhere they can?

They don't care about the new rules (understandably). They have on thought when rushing the passer "Get QB".

Leave a comment:

• Ahrum
    replied
    When Tebow runs, his knees are no longer off limits. Someone's going to get him right in the kneecap one day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X