X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Tight man coverage worked pretty good for the Steelers huh
    Lebeau was an idiot.....

That said, tight man worked pretty well in 4 out of the last 5 games...the wunderkind sure didn' t look good. 3 points against the Chefs...really?
    Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
    Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
    "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
    Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
    sigpic

Comment

• Bunch will get a D out of tight man coverage.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
        Lebeau was an idiot.....

That said, tight man worked pretty well in 4 out of the last 5 games...the wunderkind sure didn' t look good. 3 points against the Chefs...really?
        Yeah what an idiot. #1 ranked defense the dude is clueless.

We would have won that Chiefs game if the refs hadn't bent us over.

The others were just terrible though but twice it was the Pats so meh. Buffalo Tebow played awful.

Comment

Tight man coverage worked pretty good for the Steelers huh
          Because LeBeau can't rein in Troy Polumalu. He's a superstar safety that's allowed to free-lance any way he pleases. If he'd stayed back and done his job as a Safety then that OT TD never happens.

Oh, and if Roethlisberger hadn't been playing on a high-ankle sprain, he would have picked Denver's Defense apart and the game never would have been close...
          "That's a crap question."
          - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
            Because LeBeau can't rein in Troy Polumalu. He's a superstar safety that's allowed to free-lance any way he pleases. If he'd stayed back and done his job as a Safety then that OT TD never happens.

Oh, and if Roethlisberger hadn't been playing on a high-ankle sprain, he would have picked Denver's Defense apart and the game never would have been close...
            That's not true. Ryan Clark's replacement had the deep center field assignment, but he bit on the play action pass.

It was simply a well executed football play that shouldn't be discounted.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              It would have if they had left a safety in coverage or at least didn't give up inside leverage on zero coverage.
              Actually, on a number of those long passes, the Steelers DID have a safety in coverage.

First play after Decker was hurt, Tebow hit DT for 51 yards. DT was being covered man to man by Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu was right there. Want a screen shot of it ?? The play started out with the ball at Denver's 18 yard line and Polamalu was standing back on the 41. Want to try and claim that this was cover 0 or the safety wasn't covering over the top ??

Two plays later, Tebow hit Royal in the end zone. Guess who was back there ? Gay was in man coverage but Ryan Mundy, the SAFETY, was covering over top.

Tha announcers even pointed out that Tebow looked left, moving Mundy away from where he was throwing.

So much for beating Denver and Tebow by having a safety over top and not running cover 0.

Got anything else ?

Comment

Yeah what an idiot. #1 ranked defense the dude is clueless.

We would have won that Chiefs game if the refs hadn't bent us over.

The others were just terrible though but twice it was the Pats so meh. Buffalo Tebow played awful.

Speaking of excuses......lulz.
                Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
                "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
                  Speaking of excuses......lulz.
                  Refs are an excuse i'll admit it, but that's one game. And honestly go rewatch it and tell me you don't agree. We would have had the ball 1st and goal from the 5 to take the lead if the ref calls possibly the most obvious facemask ever not flagged.

The other three we got stomped and we played bad.

Comment

Refs are an excuse i'll admit it, but that's one game. And honestly go rewatch it and tell me you don't agree. We would have had the ball 1st and goal from the 5 to take the lead if the ref calls possibly the most obvious facemask ever not flagged.

because those 3 were the only good teams faced aside from pitt
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

Maybe if the team had scored more than 3 points before then it wouldn't even be an issue.........
                      sigpic

Comment

• So, back on subject...

Comment

• No question the Bronco's are in the market for a QB. Does anyone really think that Elway is 100% sold on Tebow? Come on. Elway knows what type of QB it takes to win the Superbowl. I think that deep down Elway knows what he's gotta do. We won't draft a QB in the 1st round, that pick will most likely be used to draft the best CB available. It is likely that we will try to fill the DT position with a later pick or free agency. I'm calling a QB pick in the 2nd RD!

Comment

• It's going to be an interesting draft, we have a lot of needs!

Comment

• Originally posted by brutledge79 View Post
                              No question the Bronco's are in the market for a QB. Does anyone really think that Elway is 100% sold on Tebow? Come on. Elway knows what type of QB it takes to win the Superbowl. I think that deep down Elway knows what he's gotta do. We won't draft a QB in the 1st round, that pick will most likely be used to draft the best CB available. It is likely that we will try to fill the DT position with a later pick or free agency. I'm calling a QB pick in the 2nd RD!
                              I agree. I don't think a 1st round QB is out of the question either. No late round QB will give Tebow any competition since they are late round picks for a reason. There are no decent FA QBs to be had. If they are serious about having a legitimate competition at the QB position they need to take a QB high.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                I agree. I don't think a 1st round QB is out of the question either. No late round QB will give Tebow any competition since they are late round picks for a reason. There are no decent FA QBs to be had. If they are serious about having a legitimate competition at the QB position they need to take a QB high.
                                I personaly do not love Chad henne but he deserves a shot this year. He was starting to come around before he got hurt this season. It would be interesting if the Broncos brought in Chad Henne, the media could then explode at training camp around the position battle.

Henne had said Tebow would never play QB in the NFL before the 2010 draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...a-quarterback/
                                Last edited by Mk2_Tebow; 02-05-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X