We denied the request for Allen to talk to Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    That is pretty messed up.....To not let a guy advance his career......Pretty low move
    The man agreed to a contract and must fulfill that contract simple as that
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
      The man agreed to a contract and must fulfill that contract simple as that
      but why keep somone that doesnt want to be here? Preventing the man from getting his chance to move up the coaching ranks is gonna leave some type of resentment. Lets be honest. When is the next time he gets this opportunity?

Comment

We should have never let Allen go to the Raiders much less allow them to gut us. There are 29 other teams in the NFL for their career advancement . We shouldn't let anyone go to the AFC west ever (McD being the exception). Our division games accounts for 6 games a year and whether or not we make the playoffs. Its all out war...especially when it comes to the Raiders -to view it in any other way is a huge mistake on our FOs part. Their should be a go to anyone but the AFC west clause in all contracts.
        "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Comment

Looking at the Raiders and how they have used draft picks, I can't imagine how anyone can see good things. Now they want to try and pick off our staff? I guess no other coaches really want to go to that bla...er craphole. Good riddence to that franchise because its going to be a cluster for years to come.

Poor Allen man, what did he get involved in?

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
            but why keep somone that doesnt want to be here? Preventing the man from getting his chance to move up the coaching ranks is gonna leave some type of resentment. Lets be honest. When is the next time he gets this opportunity?
            I'd normally agree but this is the Raiders we are talking about.

You don't just give up an asset to your team to your enemy just so he can advance his career.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
              Awesome point. He signed a contract and gave his word that he would be the LB coach here. He shouldnt be mad about it when all of a sudden another opportunity presents itself.

Hes in a marriage right now, and just because another woman walks by doesnt mean he can run after her, unless the Broncos agree to a divorce, which isnt happening! (Wierd analogy, I know)
              So does that imply that no matter how badly he coaches, he will not be fired until his contract expires?

I'm with japaff on this one. Fox (or whoever denied permission) is essentially choosing his job security over Smith's career advancement. It happens all the time, but that doesn't make it right.
              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Has anyone thought that maybe it's planned that if Del Rio leaves to be a HC again next year, we're grooming our next DC in house, ie Smith....
                You should leave a Bronco game at Mile High with little to no voice...

Comment

I dont see this as denying him room for advancement
                  Broncos LB coach>>>>>Faiders DC

Had to be done...
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Like I said before, no one knows if Smith asked the Broncos to do this for him just to save face. It looks better for him if the Broncos turn them down than if he turns them down.

We facilitated Lloyd, McCoy, and Allen before, so I think it's more than likely something Smith wanted.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      I dont see this as denying him room for advancement
                      Broncos LB coach>>>>>Faiders DC

Had to be done...
                      Look at it this way. If he does a great job as the Raiders DC, he might get offered a head-coaching job interview. If he does a great job as a linebackers coach, Jack del Rio gets a head-coaching interview.

I hope the people on this thread defending this move, don't impede people's careers in their workplace.
                      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                        That is pretty messed up.....To not let a guy advance his career......Pretty low move
                        Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                        A move from DC to head coach is considered a promotion. But assistant coaches are on the same level, according to NFL rules. A change from LBs coach to DC is considered a lateral move, not a promotion. I support this stance. It's a legal stance and the coaches know it. The Broncos should not allow a division rival to take their coaching staff. If Richard Smith has any problem with the situation, he should talk to John Fox. Is there any evidence that Smith does not want to stay in Denver?

Lateral move = no advancement in the career
                        sigpic

Comment

Dennis Allen

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Its a division rival, the Broncos already did the Raiders a Huge favor by letting them interview and hire Allen away from their staff, but at some point you have to slam the cookie jar shut when they keep reaching for more snacks, it makes no sense for the franchise to just let the Raiders fill out their coaching staff with our guys , then we are the ones out searching high and low for replacements and end up having to hire people that nobody wants, dont feel sorry for Smith, he has a great job with excellent pay and opportunities for advancement right here in Denver, besides he is under contract, a contract he signed.
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                              Look at it this way. If he does a great job as the Raiders DC, he might get offered a head-coaching job interview. If he does a great job as a linebackers coach, Jack del Rio gets a head-coaching interview.

I hope the people on this thread defending this move, don't impede people's careers in their workplace.
                              Ya I was trying to make a joke, I wasn't being serious.
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                                A move from DC to head coach is considered a promotion. But assistant coaches are on the same level, according to NFL rules. A change from LBs coach to DC is considered a lateral move, not a promotion. I support this stance. It's a legal stance and the coaches know it. The Broncos should not allow a division rival to take their coaching staff. If Richard Smith has any problem with the situation, he should talk to John Fox. Is there any evidence that Smith does not want to stay in Denver?
                                No, people are just assuming Smith wants to go one of the most tumultuous franchises for HC's and Coordinators right now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X