Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We denied the request for Allen to talk to Smith

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    That is pretty messed up.....To not let a guy advance his career......Pretty low move
    Not messed up at all. #1 it's the Raiders #2 This is professional football. There are worse things than being a NFL LB coach. If he is good he will still advance. This isn't the powder-puff league. It's a game for real men, I don't care about the guy's 'feelings.'

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
      but why keep somone that doesnt want to be here? Preventing the man from getting his chance to move up the coaching ranks is gonna leave some type of resentment. Lets be honest. When is the next time he gets this opportunity?
      That won't happen because that would ruin his career. You think JDR won't recognize a bad LB coach?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        That is pretty messed up.....To not let a guy advance his career......Pretty low move
        Not really, let him get his own staff somewhere else, not gut our staff.

        Comment


        • #34
          I thought teams could only deny lateral moves.

          A promotion should never be denied:
          1) how often does a coordinator job or coach job come up - it is pretty rare
          2) and how often will YOU be considered when it comes up even rarer
          3) if a guy wants to move up and the team he is with denies him the chance I doubt he will be giving his all for that team

          Even if they can teams should NEVER deny a move up - lateral moves of course must never be allowed.

          Comment


          • #35
            Smith would be a much better candidate after the year we are going to have with JDR as DC, IMO.

            Comment


            • #36
              Oh and having 2 coaches instead of just 1 knowing the in's and out's of your players and schemes go to a division rival would be pure asinine to allow.
              sigpic


              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by tzinc View Post
                I thought teams could only deny lateral moves.

                Even if they can teams should NEVER deny a move up - lateral moves of course must never be allowed.
                Teams can't deny a move up. Assistant coach (LBs coach) to assistant coach (DC) is a lateral move. Lateral move denied.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  Teams can't deny a move up. Assistant coach (LBs coach) to assistant coach (DC) is a lateral move. Lateral move denied.
                  I don't see it as a lateral move though. Im assuming most coaches goal is to become a head coach. Majority of the team you see coordinators get promoted to head coaching positions you don't often see position coaches getting that promotion. If Dennis Allen was still the DB coach for the saints he wouldnt have the raiders job. And if McCoy was still whatever he was doing before being the OC he wouldnt have had as many opportunities as he had. Its a step before the step. Im sure majority of the position coaches in the nfl would kill for a coordinator position and I bet they don't view it as a lateral move.

                  And maybe denver is keeping him in plans for him to be the next DC if del Rio is one and done in denver but idk. You cant deny a man his immediate opportunity and then gamble on the future.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    I don't see it as a lateral move though. Im assuming most coaches goal is to become a head coach. Majority of the team you see coordinators get promoted to head coaching positions you don't often see position coaches getting that promotion. If Dennis Allen was still the DB coach for the saints he wouldnt have the raiders job. And if McCoy was still whatever he was doing before being the OC he wouldnt have had as many opportunities as he had. Its a step before the step. Im sure majority of the position coaches in the nfl would kill for a coordinator position and I bet they don't view it as a lateral move.

                    And maybe denver is keeping him in plans for him to be the next DC if del Rio is one and done in denver but idk. You cant deny a man his immediate opportunity and then gamble on the future.
                    Well now, it doesn't really matter how you see it. It just matters how the NFL sees it. You may not understand the rule, but it was put in place specifically to prevent what could have happened...a huge portion of our defensive coaching being gutted.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                      I don't see it as a lateral move though. Im assuming most coaches goal is to become a head coach. Majority of the team you see coordinators get promoted to head coaching positions you don't often see position coaches getting that promotion. If Dennis Allen was still the DB coach for the saints he wouldnt have the raiders job. And if McCoy was still whatever he was doing before being the OC he wouldnt have had as many opportunities as he had. Its a step before the step. Im sure majority of the position coaches in the nfl would kill for a coordinator position and I bet they don't view it as a lateral move.

                      And maybe denver is keeping him in plans for him to be the next DC if del Rio is one and done in denver but idk. You cant deny a man his immediate opportunity and then gamble on the future.
                      Yeah, you can, teams do it all the time, we do it, and it's messed up.

                      Allen is now the enemy, let him get his own staff elsewhere.

                      Steelers do it all the time with Keith Butler their LB's coach, but we do it, and it's bad, how ironic.

                      I doubt Del-Rio is one and done, he moved his family out to Denver, i think he stays at least 2 years, possibly 3+ depending how he likes it as DC.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Wow, we have some of the weirdest fans. Everyone didn't like losing Allen as our DC, but likes the fact that he's trying to gut our coaching staff.

                        This is no different than a boss denying his employer a new job elsewhere because he thinks that employer has a better chance of getting a promotion in house. If Smith wanted the DC job, he would have let Fox know that he wanted it. I'm sure there were talks between the Broncos FO and Smith before the decision was even made.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          What ever happened to coaches honoring their contracts? Heck no they shouldnt have let the Raiders talk to him. That doofus Davis son needs to start looking elsewhere
                          PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            What ever happened to coaches honoring their contracts? Heck no they shouldnt have let the Raiders talk to him. That doofus Davis son needs to start looking elsewhere
                            PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Who cares if Allen or Oakland is mad - they are Raiders & Raiders always $uck.
                              Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
                                Wow, we have some of the weirdest fans. Everyone didn't like losing Allen as our DC, but likes the fact that he's trying to gut our coaching staff.

                                This is no different than a boss denying his employer a new job elsewhere because he thinks that employer has a better chance of getting a promotion in house. If Smith wanted the DC job, he would have let Fox know that he wanted it. I'm sure there were talks between the Broncos FO and Smith before the decision was even made.
                                Haha I know. I'm convinced some of those guys just come on the boards to mess with people and get them all agitated. Sometimes I wonder which side people are on.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X