We denied the request for Allen to talk to Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AirMax View Post
    smith probably asked us to block it because it would look bad to deny an interview. he doesnt wanna go to the raiders for 1 year and get fired like they have been doing the past 7 years lol. he likes stability in denver and he gets to coach great players like von miller and DJ williams!
    Um, breaking news!!!! Al Davis died and there is a new regime in Oakland.

Comment

Don't see why they'd want him as DC. He is an awful DC...
      sigpic

Comment

Most DC`s want to have their own assistants. Do we know if JDL has any say on this or are the Broncs telling him "Here are your players and assistants now go coach" (ala Al Davis style)?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhitt1 View Post
          Most DC`s want to have their own assistants. Do we know if JDL has any say on this or are the Broncs telling him "Here are your players and assistants now go coach" (ala Al Davis style)?
          I think he will have some input, they already let him bring in his own strength and conditioning coach.
          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
            I agree, I'm glad we're not bringing him in. Never had a D ranked above 20.

Originally posted by Houdini View Post
            Looking at the Raiders and how they have used draft picks, I can't imagine how anyone can see good things.
            Lmao!! Do rival fans really not know how the Raiders WERE ran? Before you know who died??

Allen has been given a 4 year contract which is the longest contract that's been given to a Raider HC in forever. As much as rival fans want to say, "it's the same old Raiders", it's not.

Comment

In the world outside of football, this kind of thing happens alot. My dad is an engineer, and he signed an employment contract once which stated that if he left on his own he could not work in engineering for other companies for 2 years, even if they offered him a promotion. The reason why is trade secrets.

The same thing goes for people in finance. If you become a licensed financial advisor with one company, they require you to sign a 2 year contract with them, forbidding you to work elsewhere in the same line of work. Why? Because the firm has invested in you, and they want a commitment in return.

One business doesnt want their best talent leaving for a competitor and giving out all the secrets. Its not really that unordinary. Its the same thing here. He signed a contract, thats it.

Comment

Supposedly they are looking at Manusky as DC.

Comment

You know Allen right ? Lol

Comment

The Raiders are building a very questionable coaching staff. Gregg Knapp, Greg Manusky. Dennis Allen does not have experience as a head coach and was a coordinator for just one season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Raiders hired Texans QBs coach Greg Knapp as offensive coordinator.

It's his second go-round in Oakland after serving as Lane Kiffin and Tom Cable's OC from 2007-08. Knapp has nine years of experience as an NFL coordinator. Each of the past three offenses he's led have ranked in the bottom-10 of the league, however, and he is one of the most run-heavy playcallers of our generation. Knapp's hiring all but assures the Raiders will retain free agent Michael Bush, likely with the franchise tag. From a fantasy perspective, Knapp is a steep downgrade on the aggressive and creative Hue Jackson.
                    The Raiders reportedly interviewed ex-Chargers DC Greg Manusky for their defensive coordinator vacancy.

The Chargers defense fell off after replacing Ron Rivera with Manusky while the 49ers defense surged to elite status after moving on from Manusky. According to the Union-Trib San Diego, "many in the organization, including several players, had been convinced for some time that hiring Manusky was a mistake."
                    Allen became the head coach of an organization that does not have a winning record or playoff game in the last 9 seasons and the Raiders set an NFL record last season with 163 penalties for 1358 yards. Draft picks? Gone. I wish him the worst. It's nice to have the will to become a head coach, but division rival? After John Fox gave him an opportunity to be a DC? And now he wants to take the Broncos' playoff spot? And also take the LBs coach? He is a Raider now. I hope he fails.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by All the Orange View Post
                      Not messed up at all. #1 it's the Raiders #2 This is professional football. There are worse things than being a NFL LB coach. If he is good he will still advance. This isn't the powder-puff league. It's a game for real men, I don't care about the guy's 'feelings.'
                      I don't care what team it is for.....Denying a man the opportunity to advance is going to be a problem. If he wanted the job there is going to be resentment, not to mention that it could cause future backlash with the Raiders or any other coaches we might be courting in the future...
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        A move from DC to head coach is considered a promotion. But assistant coaches are on the same level, according to NFL rules. A change from LBs coach to DC is considered a lateral move, not a promotion. I support this stance. It's a legal stance and the coaches know it. The Broncos should not allow a division rival to take their coaching staff. If Richard Smith has any problem with the situation, he should talk to John Fox. Is there any evidence that Smith does not want to stay in Denver?

Lateral move = no advancement in the career
                        It is absolutely a promotion..... There are exactly 64 cordinators in the NFL......there are 300ish position coaches.....it is 100% a promotion....Plus how often does a position coach get hired as a HC, and how often does a coordinator? This is a bush league move and I think that we don't need to do it. Let the coach decide what is better for him
                        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          I don't care what team it is for.....Denying a man the opportunity to advance is going to be a problem. If he wanted the job there is going to be resentment, not to mention that it could cause future backlash with the Raiders or any other coaches we might be courting in the future...
                          I some what agree but what makes you think he would want to go to the raiders? Yes its a step up
                          In his career but Allen has only been a coordinator for one year and has zero head coaching
                          Experience when he fails miserably over there his entire staff could go knowing the raiders so

In reality he has more job security staying here

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                            I agree, I'm glad we're not bringing him in. Never had a D ranked above 20.

Lmao!! Do rival fans really not know how the Raiders WERE ran? Before you know who died??

Allen has been given a 4 year contract which is the longest contract that's been given to a Raider HC in forever. As much as rival fans want to say, "it's the same old Raiders", it's not.
                            If it wasn't the Raiders I would actually be pretty excited for the team. But watching the 45 minute Dennis Allen introduction as the 18th head coach I think the Raiders are heading in the right firection. He dropped descipline about 60 times and was very intense. I like Reggie Mckenzie the GM. He seems cool and I think him and Allen will work well together.

However the season ticket older questions was just awkward and lame. Let the media ask the questions.

But overall if I was an Oakland fan I would be pretty excited

Comment

Or the Raiders could be having their 'McDaniels era'.

Comment

@JohnLimburg(can't quote on phone)

Yea, I'm very excited, he's really intense and seems extremely bright.
                                Btw, he's not calling plays for those who thinks he's going to be the DC too

Comment

Working...
                                X