• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Fair point...
    ... if Al were still around

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
      so I don't know for sure. But I can say chances are he would take the coordinator job. And it is a step up in terms of position and probably money as well and its a step closer to becoming a HC if that is his job. And while the situation may or may not arguably be better in terms of job security the position is. And the chances to get the position are few. He is being interviewd or offered the job based on the fact that he worked with Allen. Considering what the broncos have produced at linebacker the past few years compared to other teams he is not exactly a hot commodity as lets say the Steelers linebackers coach. His opportunity knocked and we closed the door for him. And I dont think that's right.
      If you're talking about Butler, no, he got offered the Cardinals DC spot, but the Steelers wouldn't let him get it, they did the same thing we did, but that's right, but since we didn't let Smith leave, it's bad.

As for Smith, teams do this all the time, find it hilarious we do it, and it's not right, smh.

Comment

• I think you have to look at the big picture as well. I can guarantee that Fox sat down with Smith to get a feel for what he really wanted to do. Even though contractually Fox could, he wouldn't stonewall one of his coaches from moving on if that is what they really wanted to do.

I heard rumors that Smith didn't want the DC job over there, so it would make more sense for us to just deny the interview than have Smith turn it down.
        sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          I agree he might not want the job...But that is his call to make and not John Fox's
          No it is NOT his call. That's why he signed the contract.

Why should they even have contracts if we just need to let anybody jump up and move when they want?

This isn't a bad deal for Smith. He has job security (because even if they fire him before the contract is up, he gets paid). In return, the Broncos get to choose whether to let him interview for a lateral move. And since this is a lateral move in NFL rules, it doesn't matter what perceptions anybody here has as to this being an advancement or not.

Again....he signed a CONTRACT. A binding agreement. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
          X