Kiszla: Broncos living in past with Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oilersfan34 View Post
    Haha! You mean they didn't throw a kid under the bus? What did you expect them to say? Hell no!!!

And if they didn't do you honestly think Elway would tell the media that?

Report: mr. Elway did your staff think Mcdaniels drafted the right guy?
    Elway: I asked them and they said no. It's not the pick they would have made.
    Tebow fans: Armageddon!!!!!!

Or

Elway: yes they said, to a man, they would have made the same pick.
    1. Like Elway has ever gone out of his way to support Tebow.

2. Assuming what you say is correct (which seems plausible) that would in fact substantiate the conspiracy theory that Elway and the FO do not support their QB.

It would have to be one or the other...
    "A 'W' is a 'W' and it doesn't matter how you get it. If you win ugly, it's still a 'W.' Mechanics don't play the game, people do." -Floyd Little

Comment

• Originally posted by red 19 View Post
      Your extremely biased and have a jaded view of Tim Tebow. Even the harshest Tebow critics can admit hes at the very least "decent". After all, he is a starting Quaterback in the NFL.

You dont get in that position by being "less than decent" and your surely dont keep your starting position if you have a "long way to go before being considered decent"
      I'm not sure when you consider his completion percentage and just in general the way he plays QB that you could consider him anything other than less than average as a passer.

Yes, as a player, he is certainly better than "decent", but if you focus solely on his passing ability, I'd consider him well below average.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheThreeAmigos View Post
        1. Like Elway has ever gone out of his way to support Tebow.

2. Assuming what you say is correct (which seems plausible) that would in fact substantiate the conspiracy theory that Elway and the FO do not support their QB.

It would have to be one or the other...
        You and I agree here. Elway is clearly ver tepid in his support of Tebow.

As far as the PR, elway isnt an idiot. You don't crap on anyone on your team especially your qb.
        Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          I'm not sure when you consider his completion percentage and just in general the way he plays QB that you could consider him anything other than less than average as a passer.

Yes, as a player, he is certainly better than "decent", but if you focus solely on his passing ability, I'd consider him well below average.
          I posted this in another thread where we are having another conversation about his completion percentage so these stats are kind of relevant here.

1 Drew Brees, QB 71.2
          2 Aaron Rodgers, 68.3
          3 Tony Romo, QB 66.3
          4 Tom Brady, QB 65.6
          5 Matthew Stafford, QB 63.5
          6 Ben Roethlisberger, QB 63.2
          7 Philip Rivers, QB 62.9
          8 Josh Freeman, QB 62.8
          9 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB 62.0
          10 Matt Hasselbeck, QB 61.6
          11 Alex Smith, QB 61.3
          12 Matt Ryan, QB 61.3
          13 Matt Schaub, QB 61.0
          14 Eli Manning, QB 61.0
          15 Carson Palmer 60.7
          16 Matt Moore 60.5
          17 Tarvaris Jackson 60.2
          18 Cam Newton 60.0
          19 Michael Vick 59.8

34 Tim Tebow 46.5

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...t/seasontype/2

Comment

• Originally posted by red 19 View Post
            Your extremely biased and have a jaded view of Tim Tebow. Even the harshest Tebow critics can admit hes at the very least "decent". After all, he is a starting Quaterback in the NFL.

You dont get in that position by being "less than decent" and your surely dont keep your starting position if you have a "long way to go before being considered decent"
            the bold is far from true. Many people still think he will never be a decent starting NFL QB.

Tebow kept the starting job because they had to see how he would do before the draft. Not because he did so great. He is still a long long way from being a decent starting QB.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              the bold is far from true. Many people still think he will never be a decent starting NFL QB.

Tebow kept the starting job because they had to see how he would do before the draft. Not because he did so great. He is still a long long way from being a decent starting QB.
              Hmm. I can't wait to see what Tebow could do when he gets DECENT! What will he do when he even gets GOOD?!?

Give me a break. If he wasn't "decent," then the Broncos wouldn't have made the playoffs. Yes, he's inconsistent. But to not even admit he's "decent"? I'm not sure what games you're watching.

"Oh, but his throwing percentage is so bad!" Why don't we take every single run he's had over 5 yards and add it as a completion, because guess what, that's where all your "decent" QBs build up their percentages.

Good grief, you guys call yourselves "fans"? You have one of the most exciting players in the NFL as your QB and all you want is Brady Quinn to come in. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are not a dime-a-dozen.

Just enjoy your "non-decent" QB who happens to help take your team to the playoffs and single-handedly even win a playoff game. God forbid this kid actually gets better after his first full offseason as a pro!

The hate is far outweighing the love on these boards. And I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyGator View Post
                Hmm. I can't wait to see what Tebow could do when he gets DECENT! What will he do when he even gets GOOD?!?

Give me a break. If he wasn't "decent," then the Broncos wouldn't have made the playoffs. Yes, he's inconsistent. But to not even admit he's "decent"? I'm not sure what games you're watching.

"Oh, but his throwing percentage is so bad!" Why don't we take every single run he's had over 5 yards and add it as a completion, because guess what, that's where all your "decent" QBs build up their percentages.

Good grief, you guys call yourselves "fans"? You have one of the most exciting players in the NFL as your QB and all you want is Brady Quinn to come in. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are not a dime-a-dozen.

Just enjoy your "non-decent" QB who happens to help take your team to the playoffs and single-handedly even win a playoff game. God forbid this kid actually gets better after his first full offseason as a pro!

The hate is far outweighing the love on these boards. And I don't get it.
                And this is why people dont take you or tebowmaniacs seriously. HE didn't single-handedly win jack squat. Was that tebow stiff arming the safety? WAs that Tebow tip toeing down the sideline and breaking tackles? Was that Tebow sacking Rapersberger with under 2 minutes left in the game?

We all know Tebow is all you care about. You are the reason so many Broncos fans are "against" tebow. You don't care how the Broncos do only how Tebow looks.

And you refuse to ever ever ever ever ever to give anyone credit other than Tebow.

I love talking football. I am not a Broncos fan nor am I a hater. I don't care if Tebow is awesome or horrid. I don't care how good or bad a person he is. But I do have an opinion as a football fan on whether he is a good NFL QB or not.

I hope he gets good and I hope he stinks. Man this stuff is soooo entertaining! The better he gets the more fun it will be...the worse he gets the more fun it will be.

I have no agenda...other than maybe peeing some wheaties every now and then. You do. And it aint the broncos winning thats for sure.
                Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

Just enjoy your "non-decent" QB who happens to help take your team to the playoffs and single-handedly even win a playoff game. God forbid this kid actually gets better after his first full offseason as a pro! .
                  Really? Tebow beat the steelers all by himself?
                  saweet! think how good it will be once we have a team for him to play with...

oh wait...

I love how he gets all the credit for that win... yet when we criticize him it's never his fault

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                    Really? Tebow beat the steelers all by himself?
                    saweet! think how good it will be once we have a team for him to play with...

oh wait...

I love how he gets all the credit for that win... yet when we criticize him it's never his fault
                    See, this is the B.S. these boards have become. You point out the one point from what I said without even quoting the rest. And yes, he won that game as much as any QB could. Defense was bad, special teams was bad, running game was bad. It was Tebow and DT. And who says he hasn't lost games? He lost Detroit for sure. He lost Buffalo in the 4th quarter. And he did nothing to win against New England in the playoffs.

Tim Tebow was a below average passer in 2011 but a top 3 rusher at the QB position. His Passing + Rushing + Leadership = An Above Average NFL QB.

Everyone wants to point out his throwing percentage. What about my point with throwing in all his runs over 5 yards this year to his completions? I'm sure he'd be well over 60% if not at 70% for the year. But no, we want him to be Tom Brady passing the ball in the most conservative offense in the NFL (no matter who is at the helm as QB).

Comment

• Oilersfan34, I still don't understand why you're even on these forums. You're not a hater? 99% of your posts are bashing Tebow. Sure seems like an agenda to me.

Of course I'm going to root for Tebow. But I hate being called a Tebowmaniac just as much as you hate being called a Tebow-Hater. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. Difference is, I actually try to bring some stats to the table in my arguments unlike a lot of the haters that only bring up his throwing percentage. Put him in a West-Coast offense and see how much that percentage goes up. It's a meaningless stat.

He has a lot of work to do. He's gotten a lot better. He's looked good at times and he's looked bad at times. The overall package that he's brought to the table has helped win games. And if I remember correctly, he was supposed to be a 3-4 year project. He's way ahead of schedule but people still expect more from Tim Tebow. It's a double standard that he has to live with I guess. It would just be nice if people were more reasonable in their assessments.

Even when he gets better, it aint ever gonna look pretty. It didn't look pretty when he was shattering records in college and winning everything possible and it ain't gonna look pretty when he ends up doing the same in the NFL.

Comment

See, this is the B.S. these boards have become. You point out the one point from what I said without even quoting the rest. And yes, he won that game as much as any QB could. Defense was bad, special teams was bad, running game was bad. It was Tebow and DT. And who says he hasn't lost games? He lost Detroit for sure. He lost Buffalo in the 4th quarter. And he did nothing to win against New England in the playoffs.

Tim Tebow was a below average passer in 2011 but a top 3 rusher at the QB position. His Passing + Rushing + Leadership = An Above Average NFL QB.

Everyone wants to point out his throwing percentage. What about my point with throwing in all his runs over 5 yards this year to his completions? I'm sure he'd be well over 60% if not at 70% for the year. But no, we want him to be Tom Brady passing the ball in the most conservative offense in the NFL (no matter who is at the helm as QB).
                        I love how you discount every section of the team in that game I seem to remember that horrible defense of ours having a nice interception in that game. I also remember Von and Elvis with a nice strip sack pushing them back out of field goal range. Team game my friend. The BRONCOS not the TEBOWS.

and nobody asks him to be Brady what we ask him is to be better then what he currently is. Improvement. 'average' isnt good enough. and sure if we count his 'runs' as completions his stats would be better maybe... problem is if they were actually throws most of them wouldn't be completions. and therein lies the problem my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                          I love how you discount every section of the team in that game I seem to remember that horrible defense of ours having a nice interception in that game. I also remember Von and Elvis with a nice strip sack pushing them back out of field goal range. Team game my friend. The BRONCOS not the TEBOWS.

and nobody asks him to be Brady what we ask him is to be better then what he currently is. Improvement. 'average' isnt good enough. and sure if we count his 'runs' as completions his stats would be better maybe... problem is if they were actually throws most of them wouldn't be completions. and therein lies the problem my friend.
                          Oh, I see, so you want to take away credit from Tebow for the win, but go ahead and blame it on him for the losses.

Tebow had the highest yards per attempt in the NFL for throws over 15 yards. He's got the long ones down pat. That's arguably a lot harder to learn than the shorter ones. Are you honestly saying that if the Broncos implemented a lot of short little screen plays, hooks, and slants, that his percentage wouldn't be at a minimum 10% higher? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree there.

Comment

Oilersfan34, I still don't understand why you're even on these forums. You're not a hater? 99% of your posts are bashing Tebow. Sure seems like an agenda to me.

Of course I'm going to root for Tebow. But I hate being called a Tebowmaniac just as much as you hate being called a Tebow-Hater. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. Difference is, I actually try to bring some stats to the table in my arguments unlike a lot of the haters that only bring up his throwing percentage. Put him in a West-Coast offense and see how much that percentage goes up. It's a meaningless stat.

He has a lot of work to do. He's gotten a lot better. He's looked good at times and he's looked bad at times. The overall package that he's brought to the table has helped win games. And if I remember correctly, he was supposed to be a 3-4 year project. He's way ahead of schedule but people still expect more from Tim Tebow. It's a double standard that he has to live with I guess. It would just be nice if people were more reasonable in their assessments.

Even when he gets better, it aint ever gonna look pretty. It didn't look pretty when he was shattering records in college and winning everything possible and it ain't gonna look pretty when he ends up doing the same in the NFL.
                            How is he ahead of schedule? If he was a 3-4 year project, he is going into his third year now and he is still a project. How does that put him ahead of schedule? How often do QBs hear they need to work on.... “It’s the precision on the passing, it’s the accuracy, the footwork, the mechanics, the rhythm, the timing, the quickness, the release. Everything,” said Broncos GM Brian Xanders when asked where Tim Tebow needs to improve this offseason..
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, I see, so you want to take away credit from Tebow for the win, but go ahead and blame it on him for the losses.

Tebow had the highest yards per attempt in the NFL for throws over 15 yards. He's got the long ones down pat. That's arguably a lot harder to learn than the shorter ones. Are you honestly saying that if the Broncos implemented a lot of short little screen plays, hooks, and slants, that his percentage wouldn't be at a minimum 10% higher? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree there.
                              No it's a team game. He is to blame as much as he is to get credit don't twist my words around. All I want.. and all anyone wants is to see him improve. 'average' doesn't win championships. yeash....

Comment

rank these QBs for best to worst. Which one is best at the long passes?

passes thrown 11-20 yards:

QB A..57% complete, 11 yard average/attempt, 11 TDs
                                QB B...36.9%, 6.85 average, 5 TDs
                                QB C...45.1%, 8.86 average, 6 TDs

Pass Thrown 21-30 yds

QB A..51.4%, 17.89 average, 7 TDs
                                QB B...31.3%, 9.13 average, 2 TDs
                                QB C...40.6%, 11.28 average, 4 TDs

Pass Thrown 31-40 yds

QB A..63.6%, 28 average, 3 TDs
                                QB B...19.0%, 8.6 average, 1 TD
                                QB C...44.4%, 18.83 average, 1 TD

Pass Thrown 41+ yds

QB A..44.4%, 24.22 average, 3 TDs