No announcement yet.

Kiszla: Broncos living in past with Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what were with doing in hiring Elway?
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by tzinc View Post
      Manning would never come to Denver. He requires several high quality WRs. He runs his special offense as special as Tebow's and that means running is never high priority and that Fox would never sanction.

I can see Manning going to several teams but the Broncos there is no way

Any QB from the draft will be developmental so that means Tebow will be the starter. Any FA QB will be the usual Orton type journeyman so that means Tebow will be the starter.

If the Broncos are smart they put together a run first, QB running offense in place. Sure Tim can improve but the playcalling and gameplanning needs to improve too. You can't telegraph the upcoming play every single time and win in the NFL but you can run and win in the NFL. BAL should have beat NE and if they had it would be proof a STRONG D and RUN GAME can win in the NFL.
      I disagree. IIRC, there was a report that Manning wanted the Colts to draft Eric Decker, badly. One of Mannings recievers from the Colts, Anthony Gonzalez, could easily come here at a very cheap price, and take Royals spot. Contrary to popular beliefs, we have TE's. But we will need to improve our O-Line, and continue to improve our Defense.

Now, as far as your opinion of the offense. I think you're wrong. Manning went months without throwing a football. His arm strength isn't where it was when he was playing. So it would be crazy to think that Manning will just pick up where he left off before the surgery.

I think Manning would would throw 20-30 times a game, MAX. IMO, his arm just can't take 35+ passes a game in his first year back, after having months off from throwing. So I think if we can sure up our running attack, Denver would be a realistic landing spot.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oilersfan34 View Post
        He put those insults into an article? holy cow... I would have to agree with you on this one seems like Kizla just dislikes Tebow as a QB and a Person.
        Kizla has ridden his acidic attitude towards Tebow to getting a few national TV and radio spots on the home of tebow-sports (ESPN)...its funny, when he was interviewed by Dan Patrick who is basically a neutral and very objective, Kizla tries to sound like he likes Tebow.

But like everyone, his persistent personal attacks show his true intentions.

As for Wonderlic.....Terrelle Pryor scored a 7.

By the opinions of some on here, you would think Tebow threw more interceptions than TDs.....
        "A 'W' is a 'W' and it doesn't matter how you get it. If you win ugly, it's still a 'W.' Mechanics don't play the game, people do." -Floyd Little

Comment

How long's Peyton been playing now...15 years...and he's won what...one superbowl.. on a team designed to fit his talents...

Not too sure why anyone would expect him to step onto another team and win another...

In fact, if not for a bit of luck by the winning teams in the conference championship games...We would be watching a Flacco/Smith Superbowl this year....Flacco/Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by tzinc View Post
            Manning would never come to Denver. He requires several high quality WRs. He runs his special offense as special as Tebow's and that means running is never high priority and that Fox would never sanction.

I can see Manning going to several teams but the Broncos there is no way.

Any QB from the draft will be developmental so that means Tebow will be the starter. Any FA QB will be the usual Orton type journeyman so that means Tebow will be the starter.

If the Broncos are smart they put together a run first, QB running offense in place. Sure Tim can improve but the playcalling and gameplanning needs to improve too. You can't telegraph the upcoming play every single time and win in the NFL but you can run and win in the NFL. BAL should have beat NE and if they had it would be proof a STRONG D and RUN GAME can win in the NFL.
            I agree with this except Manning doesn't need good receivers ... he makes receivers great. If you think he couldn't male D.Thomas and J. Thomas look good then idk. Also, he told the colts he wanted them to draft Eric Decker. If we got Peyton Manning .. which I am not supporting ... we would not have to get any wrs

Comment

Peyton to Miami I think happens ... Reggie Bush/Thomas duo along with B-Marsh would be a great offense. Defense isn't too bad off either.

Comment

So it's all Tebow? The way he's being treated, I'd be on the next plane. I don't think ANYBODY can do well with the current offensive and defensive system we have now. Let's talk about other players. McGahee needs to hang onto the ball better. Thomson and Royal needs to quit dropping passes. Beadles and Hochstein needs to block better. Bailey and Goodman needs to cover tighter and watch the quarterbacks eyes. I could go all day. The Broncs are not going to rise and fall on the shoulder of Tim Tebow.

Comment

Kizla is an idiot, has no idea what it takes for a team to succeed. I would much rather read Woodie's post, he has a lot of experience with the Broncos.
                  sigpic

Comment

I havent heard of anyone insulting Tim's intelligence. So i looked up his Wonderlic score (22) below that of the average qb (24) but not by much. I don't think you can predict it for how QB's are going to do Alex Smith (40) and Marino (15) but I know some FO people take it seriously.

by the way this quote from Tebow comes from the article. Its from ESPN of May 2010..

"There are things that I can get a lot better at -- my fundamentals," Tebow said in February. "I've never been asked to shorten or quicken my release and not have a loop in it. The changes I'm making have gone very well and it's becoming more and more natural to me."

So to those that keep saying I GUARANTEE Tebow will do everything necessary... I'd be a more than a little worried. He said the same thing almost 2 years ago and the problems remain the same.
                    Except the looping motion isn't really a problem at all yeah

Comment

:thumb::thumb:
                      Originally posted by Turf Nazi View Post
                      Exactly, Kizla is not stating anything new or fresh with his article. Maybe he should try to be a little more "cutting edge" and stop "living in the 70's" himself. I think EFX have been very clear that they will expect more out of Tebow next season.

Comment

Tim needs to get better at the things mentioned before they "open" things up. If tebow improves in all these areas you will see a more open game plan, you will see him getting the OK to audible and you will see some 2012 style football.

But if he doesn't... well you will continue to see the 150 ypg passing.
                        Um. No.

You work on things in practice, yes? Why do you work on things in practice? To use in games, right? Otherwise, why are you there?

So, the things you try in practice, you need to try in games, correct?

You have to get a game plan where you do more than launch deep balls and deep crossing patterns. Can you honestly tell me how the passing game grew as the season went along? We were doing the same sorry things against the Raiders that we were doing against the Patriots. How does that develop Tebow? How did he grow? I can say he was more consistent with his mechanics, but how did that help him?

The point is teach Tebow a concept against cover 3. Okay? For example, you attack deep, intermediate, and in the flat against a cover 3. Why? You have 2 players playing the perimeter of a cover 3. That's why.

See the strong safety? He's your read.

That's concept 1. If he takes flat, go to the intermediate sideline pattern. If he goes inside? Take intermediate sideline pattern. If he goes to the sideline/curl? Take the flat. That's 1 concept.

Concept 2 agaisnt cover 3. Attack deep zone. Run the deep third guy off and come underneath that deep with a smash route and have a guy in the intermediate. Make the safety choose again. He either gets depth or he takes the intermediate guy.

That's how your passing game grows. Ours didn't grow in those terms.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
                          This is one of the worst articles I have ever read. No news here. Just a bunch of analogies to the 1970's.

Well of course the Steelers won with a 70's formula-IT WAS 1974?!?!? Right?!?
                          Funny is that not exactly how the 2005 Steelers won the superbowl? Roethslisberger wasnt exactly tearing up the league in passing that year his second year starting. And despite a dreadful 9/21 for 121yds 0 TD's and 2 int day, the steelers still won behind a great running game and defense. Kind of like it was in the 70's.

As I see it, Tebow has a lot to learn and is on his way. I believe a great defense (and no the 2011 broncos defense is no where near the Steelers in 2005. Getting better though, hopefully they continue the upward trend.) coupled with a great running game will allow the Broncos to compete and continue to improve while Tebow gets the EXPERIENCE necessary to take it to the next level.

How many QB's have won the superbowl in their second year. One, two..? How many their first year starting? One, two...? I dont know. Just saying.

Kiszla, biased much? Your hate for Tebow is clouding your shoddy journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            McCoy did what he could to help a QB coming to grips with the NFL. Tebow has to improve a lot next season, everyone knows that.

Even though its a QB league, how GREAT was it seeing D's stepping up in the playoffs.

SF bounced N.O
                            NYG bounced GB

Balt played great D against NE but Flacco is average and they missed a short FG

SF and the Giants played some GREAT D football, it came down to a ST disaster at the end.

The Giants have Manning and he has played well, but they are a balanced team who played great D in the playoffs.
                            What do you mean by "Flacco is average"? Flacco won the game. His teammates lost it.

And, I agree that Tebow needs to improve a lot, but McCoy's game plans were too messed-up. Some of the turnovers were his fault because of calling read-option, like the one in the New England game when Mark Anderson stripped Tebow of the football.

Comment

Originally posted by roperdoug View Post
                              So it's all Tebow? The way he's being treated, I'd be on the next plane. I don't think ANYBODY can do well with the current offensive and defensive system we have now. Let's talk about other players. McGahee needs to hang onto the ball better. Thomson and Royal needs to quit dropping passes. Beadles and Hochstein needs to block better. Bailey and Goodman needs to cover tighter and watch the quarterbacks eyes. I could go all day. The Broncs are not going to rise and fall on the shoulder of Tim Tebow.
                              On the next plane to where? Which team is beating down the doors wanting to trade for him?

Tebow is being treated much better than lesser-known guys that get one or two games to prove themselves and the next guy up gets the shot. If Tebow didn't have this big following, he would have gotten benched a while ago, or for that matter, he wouldn't have leapfrogged the #2 QB to get the starting job when Orton was benched.
                              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                                On the next plane to where? Which team is beating down the doors wanting to trade for him?

Tebow is being treated much better than lesser-known guys that get one or two games to prove themselves and the next guy up gets the shot. If Tebow didn't have this big following, he would have gotten benched a while ago, or for that matter, he wouldn't have leapfrogged the #2 QB to get the starting job when Orton was benched.
                                Yeaaaaah that isn't true

Comment

Working...
                                X