Kiszla: Broncos living in past with Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roperdoug View Post
    So it's all Tebow? The way he's being treated, I'd be on the next plane. I don't think ANYBODY can do well with the current offensive and defensive system we have now. Let's talk about other players. McGahee needs to hang onto the ball better. Thomson and Royal needs to quit dropping passes. Beadles and Hochstein needs to block better. Bailey and Goodman needs to cover tighter and watch the quarterbacks eyes. I could go all day. The Broncs are not going to rise and fall on the shoulder of Tim Tebow.

What are you talking about?! Is this more of the "it's everybody's fault but Tebow" arguement?

First off who's Thomson? Second yes McGahee needs to have better ball security, but so does Tebow, his fumbles against NE, KC and Min were bad!

Third Hochstein played very little this year, are you really singling him out?

Fourth the last thing you want your corner doing is trying to read the QB's eyes, yeah it can work if you're in zone and the pass is in front of him, but if they're "covering tighter" and watching the QB what happens to the WR they're keeping tabs on? And you do realize that every QB from high school up is taught to look off the coverage right? Although Denver's last 3 starting QB's have all had trouble doing that and have tended to just lock onto their primary target.

Comment

Originally posted by Oilersfan34 View Post
      He put those insults into an article? holy cow... I would have to agree with you on this one seems like Kizla just dislikes Tebow as a QB and a Person.
      It was some in writing some in interviews. I can't find the chew gum one so it might have been a blog attached to his article (so I will retract that) but Look at this interview. He said Tebow did not belong in the NFL.
      This interview also talks about some of the things he said. He also said he is the worst he has ever seen.

But it says it all, of course Tebow and the Broncos go on a 6 game winning streak after the interview.

Here is the interview
      http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...FL-quarterback

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_N_Broncs View Post
        Not only do they need to open up the "Tebow", but they also need to be less predictable. One reason i was praying McCoy would get a HC gig.

Also we need a better defense. I think most Broncos fans agree that our secondary and pass rush was non-existant vs the Pats. No QB could have beat Brady that day with that defense. Elite ones could have made it a lot closer though.
        What does the defense have to do with Tebow's QB ability?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
          It was some in writing some in interviews. I can't find the chew gum one so it might have been a blog attached to his article (so I will retract that) but Look at this interview. He said Tebow did not belong in the NFL.
          This interview also talks about some of the things he said. He also said he is the worst he has ever seen.

But it says it all, of course Tebow and the Broncos go on a 6 game winning streak after the interview.

Here is the interview
          I would very much disagree with Kizla about Tebow not belonging in the NFL, he's proven that he absolutely does. But I'm not entirely sure that he should be there as a QB, the jury is still out at this point. But even if he does not make it as a QB he could absolutely play as a FB, TE or H-back.

Comment

Here is the interview
            he wasn't all wrong. Time will tell about the rest.
            sigpic

Comment

Denver Post Sportswriters

Occasionally a firm grasp of the obvious.

I miss the Rocky Mountain News.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by TheThreeAmigos View Post
                By the opinions of some on here, you would think Tebow threw more interceptions than TDs.....
                Maybe that's because he had 12 turnovers lost (6 interceptions and 6 fumbles), which, ironically, is the same amount of passing TD's he tossed.

He had 7 more fumbles, but we recovered those.

You're not far off the mark though.

People treat him that way because he is that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  I would very much disagree with Kizla about Tebow not belonging in the NFL, he's proven that he absolutely does. But I'm not entirely sure that he should be there as a QB, the jury is still out at this point. But even if he does not make it as a QB he could absolutely play as a FB, TE or H-back.
                  I probably mixed up some of the stuff I read thorughout the season and attributed to Kiszla but he did say "he was the worst" and "did not belong in the NFL"

Its ok to say that after 16 starts but after 5 or 6? The only reason you make a determination like that is if its somehow personal. Thats just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    he wasn't all wrong. Time will tell about the rest.
                    Sorry man, in that specific interview HE WAS ALL WRONG and choked on it for 6 straight weeks after.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                      Um. No.

You work on things in practice, yes? Why do you work on things in practice? To use in games, right? Otherwise, why are you there?

So, the things you try in practice, you need to try in games, correct?

You have to get a game plan where you do more than launch deep balls and deep crossing patterns. Can you honestly tell me how the passing game grew as the season went along? We were doing the same sorry things against the Raiders that we were doing against the Patriots. How does that develop Tebow? How did he grow? I can say he was more consistent with his mechanics, but how did that help him?

The point is teach Tebow a concept against cover 3. Okay? For example, you attack deep, intermediate, and in the flat against a cover 3. Why? You have 2 players playing the perimeter of a cover 3. That's why.

See the strong safety? He's your read.

That's concept 1. If he takes flat, go to the intermediate sideline pattern. If he goes inside? Take intermediate sideline pattern. If he goes to the sideline/curl? Take the flat. That's 1 concept.

Concept 2 agaisnt cover 3. Attack deep zone. Run the deep third guy off and come underneath that deep with a smash route and have a guy in the intermediate. Make the safety choose again. He either gets depth or he takes the intermediate guy.

That's how your passing game grows. Ours didn't grow in those terms.
                      Do you really think they didn't work with Tebow on reading defenses and where to throw the ball?
                      sigpic

Comment

I probably mixed up some of the stuff I read thorughout the season and attributed to Kiszla but he did say "he was the worst" and "did not belong in the NFL"

Its ok to say that after 16 starts but after 5 or 6? The only reason you make a determination like that is if its somehow personal. Thats just my opinion.
                        I would agree, you can't make a determination on any NFL player after only 5 or 6 games. I'm someone who thinks Jimmy Claussen could succeed in the NFL if he were given some proper coaching (a few years worth!) and was put into an offense with a good o-line. But I fully admit he's not the Broncos starting QB so I don't look at him nearly as critically as I do anyone lining up behind center for the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                          Maybe that's because he had 12 turnovers lost (6 interceptions and 6 fumbles), which, ironically, is the same amount of passing TD's he tossed.

He had 7 more fumbles, but we recovered those.

You're not far off the mark though.

People treat him that way because he is that way.
                          I like the way you "manipulate" stats.

He also had almost 700 yards rushing AND 6 more Tds you casually forgot that one I guess.

so he had 18 scores and 12 TOs

5 of the TOs came in ONE GAME

Comment

Sorry man, in that specific interview HE WAS ALL WRONG and choked on it for 6 straight weeks after.
                            No, he wasn't all wrong. he said tebow couldn't make routine NFL throws which is true, so far. I also think it was true that some of the players and coaching staff didn't think they could win with him. That might have changed between now and then but I think it was true, and correct, at the time.
                            sigpic

Comment

I like the way you "manipulate" stats.

He also had almost 700 yards rushing AND 6 more Tds you casually forgot that one I guess.

so he had 18 scores and 12 TOs

5 of the TOs came in ONE GAME
                              does that mean they don't count?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                does that mean they don't count?
                                absolutely they count just like his 640 yards rushing , 6 Rrushing TDs and top 5 yard per carry average (all positions) counts that you guys all leave out everytime you slam Tebow.

Comment

Working...
                                X