Broncos may be ready to start Nate Irving in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos may be ready to start Nate Irving in 2012

Sporting News' Andrew Mason suggests that the Broncos may be ready to turn over their starting middle linebacker job to Nate Irving in 2012.
    The 67th overall pick in last year's draft, the Broncos are smitten with Irving's "presence and potential," per Mason, and he may very well have started games in 2011 if not for the lockout-shortened offseason. Denver instead stuck with Joe Mays, a two-down thumper who lacks Irving's range, playmaking ability, and cover skills. Mays may be allowed to sign elsewhere this spring.

Related: Joe Mays

Source: Sporting News Feb 12 - 4:12 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=227764&spln=1
    Last edited by EddieMac; 02-13-2012, 01:26 AM. Reason: adding link
    sigpic

Come on Irving, turn into that nasty MLB we've been missing
    sigpic
    Thank you Charger$

Comment

It would be awesome if he were to develop, because that is one less need we have to address. I am really hoping he develops into a good starter, and we can focus on DT and CB in F/A and the draft.

Comment

When Irving was drafted I remember some "experts" saying that he was the #1 MLB prospect in the draft and could easily have been a #1 draft choice! I have faith that he will be an all-pro someday IF he can stay healthy!

Comment

That would be nice. very nice.. if he developed into a real nasty MLB

Comment

Said it for awhile, won't be surprised if we let Mays walk, and go with Irving next year at MLB.

The FO is pretty high on him, and lockout hurt him. Looking forward to seeing how he does next year if he does indeed start.

Comment

If this pans out

This is shaping up to be the best offseason ever!
              #Priestmode

Comment

This would be great. While I was impressed with the oh so few thumpings Joe Mays laid on people, his play was simply to erratic and inconsistent. We need a strong presence in the middle of the field to lead our defense.

Comment

Obviously would love for Irving to come in and take the starting spot

Comment

I would LOVE for Irving to pan out! I was a big fan of his from his college days! He would have been a sure fire 1st round pick had it not been for his horrific car accident he dealt with. And STILL coming back from that I remember Parcells saying before the draft Irving was the ONLY MLB he put a first round grade on.

Although Mays can knock a fool out...he whiffs an awful lot and runs himself out of plays way to often! If the front office believes Irving will be our guy, thats one less need in FA and the Draft allowing us to hopefully focus on DT/CB & RB!
                    sigpic

Comment

We won't know til September but I sure hope he lives up to his potential!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Good move!!! Time to put the kid under fire. With DJ, Von, Woody, and Irving we could possibly be looking at the best LB corp in the NFL in 2012.
                        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          Good move!!! Time to put the kid under fire. With DJ, Von, Woody, and Irving we could possibly be looking at the best LB corp in the NFL in 2012.
                          Not quite, but one of for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                            When Irving was drafted I remember some "experts" saying that he was the #1 MLB prospect in the draft and could easily have been a #1 draft choice! I have faith that he will be an all-pro someday IF he can stay healthy!
                            I remember reeding this too but that his car wreck derailed that.
                            sigpic
                            "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              Not quite, but one of for sure...
                              If Jack pushes our guys to their potential, the only corps that would be close, are San Fan and Houston. But I'm a homer, lol!!!!! I see nothing but greatness coming out of that group!!!
                              #swapping

Comment

Working...
                              X