No announcement yet.

Broncos may be ready to start Nate Irving in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shawin who cares about the "hype" lets try out some young players. He didn't even have a offseason that might be a big reason he didn't see the field much. I rather see what a young player can do then bring in a over the hill free agent. You might think your being honest, but you are very pestimistic. You were always lobbying to bring in Hines wards....lol come on bro. This is a youth movement. I rather have Rod Smith on the sidelines coaching the WRs then Ward on the field. He is old over the hill and would waste money and cap space. Let the young kids play and if he can pan out we save a nice draft pick and can focus on DT, and Safety and CB.

Comment

I'm all for letting Mays walk and moving forward. Too many busted plays through the middle, usually because he went to the wrong gap, or missed an arm tackle poorly pursuing the ball. Anything but straight on Joe had trouble with, and we wont even get started on cover skills, which is getting more and more important for backers with passing teams being able to exploit the middle of the field. I like Irving and his upside, and he picked the right number to succeed at the position

We cannot go into camp with him as the only serious contending starter though. MLB is too important of a position to not have a great player in there. Are there really any decent mlbs entering FA? I'd like to go that route so we can focus on other positions in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        I like Irving and his upside, and he picked the right number to succeed at the position

We cannot go into camp with him as the only serious contending starter though. MLB is too important of a position to not have a great player in there. Are there really any decent mlbs entering FA?
        My guess is we let Mays walk and push to sign Dan Connor from Carolina, he is young talented and will push Irving, I also doubt he will resign with Carolina because he is almost guaranteed to be a back up agian behind Beason.
        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

If this is true I like the FOs old school approach to developing young players. Let them sit and learn, and play them when they are ready. Irving, JT, Moore, and Beal are all being giving time. IMO this is the best approach to developing an organization.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            If this is true I like the FOs old school approach to developing young players. Let them sit and learn, and play them when they are ready. Irving, JT, Moore, and Beal are all being giving time. IMO this is the best approach to developing an organization.
            Agreed tired of old washed up free agents.
            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Working...
            X