Tebow working out with a QB coach in LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Poor Tebow? He just signed a deal with an agency from Hollywood. He is a self-promoter seeking attention to spread his message. He is not a quiet guy running from the public eye. It's his fault if he can't even walk down the street.
    Meh. He's not a self-promoter. He has just used the opportunity he was given to promote a message, which certainly isn't about him. I think you are confusing him promoting a message with self-promotion. It's his fault he can't walk down the street because of the way he lives, works, and plays football. I guess you're right though, if he was a high-school dropout he wouldn't get mobbed. Maybe we should all aim for that? By that logic, anyone who is successful should be ready to have the rest of society follow them around like confused little dogs, hoping to get some scraps. I guess I just can't see myself as one of the confused little dogs, but maybe that's because I have my own life.

I mean look at the video. Some creep (stalker) is videoing him while hiding. Tebow is just trying to throw the football around.

Comment

Poor Tebow? He just signed a deal with an agency from Hollywood. He is a self-promoter seeking attention to spread his message. He is not a quiet guy running from the public eye. It's his fault if he can't even walk down the street.
      That's interesting because I don't recall him trying to sell me anything. If you mean spreading his message of kindness and giving to children in need, then sign me up.
      sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
        That's interesting because I don't recall him trying to sell me anything.
        Then you forgot about his TV commercials, because he is trying to sell Jockey, FRS...

http://adage.com/article/news/bronco...ements/232000/

"As a marketer, you want somebody like that," added Mr. David. "He doesn't have the same kind of negative backlash as other players. He is just so newsworthy right now that you would want to capitalize on that."

And he also released a book, an autobiography, that you can buy here:

http://www.amazon.com/Through-My-Eye.../dp/0062007289

He even appeared on TV shows to promote his book.

You can also buy his book at http://www.timtebow.com/ his official website.

Tebow allowed ESPN to record his draft journey to produce a documentary about... Tebow. I think he is only helping his fame by doing something like this.

Tebow worked with Focus on the Family to produce a controversial anti-abortion commercial. He was not selling any product there, but he was selling a political view (issue-oriented advertising) to the audience.

And now Tebow has a talent agency from Hollywood taking care of this stuff.
        sigpic

Comment

Then you forgot about his TV commercials, because he is trying to sell Jockey, FRS...

http://adage.com/article/news/bronco...ements/232000/

And he also released a book, an autobiography, that you can buy here:

http://www.amazon.com/Through-My-Eye.../dp/0062007289

He even appeared on TV shows to promote his book.

You can also buy his book at http://www.timtebow.com/ his official website.

Tebow allowed ESPN to record his draft journey to produce a documentary about... Tebow. I think he is only helping his fame by doing something like this.

Tebow worked with Focus on the Family to produce a controversial anti-abortion commercial. He was not selling any product there, but he was selling a political view (issue-oriented advertising) to the audience.

And now Tebow has a talent agency from Hollywood taking care of this stuff.
          Lol bad choice of words as yes he is literally trying to sell me those things. I was referring to "seeking attention to spread his message". I know that he thanks Jesus Christ for giving him the ability to compete but that's about it.
          sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

It was actually a friend named Chase Heavener. At the time he agreed to it, Tebow had no way of knowing how the story would end (first round draft pick, third round, whatever).

ESPN jumped on the bandwagon and picked it up for broadcast. But it was produced on a shoestring budget by a small group of friends and funded almost like student movie.

You can really see them clowning around in the extras on the DVD.

Just that one clarification of interest. Your point is still well-taken.

Comment

• TT loves the game of football, everything about it. But, he would probably be preaching/running an orphanage in a rural area of the Philippines if he couldn't gain a bigger platform/make money by playing football. It is what it is.

These are pics of various people 'Tebowing'. (some I hadn't seen before)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...photo=30551398

Comment

In a way I do see your point. Being a high profile QB regardless of the "extra" stuff is hard enough as they are generally the guys most people recognize first and most. But I even see the spin by his marketing agents on working out in LA. What better place for a celebrity to be seen at almost every moment that the paparazzi capital of the world!

They could have done the workouts silently, but he endorses products that need to be sold. In Indy during SB week, he was the talk of the town. Basically no one cared about any other celeb or sports celeb other than Timmy. His agents are working every bit of his celeb power and pushing his face on the camera as much as possible. Think about it, we had like 3-4 threads on who he should or shouldn't date!

Is it all Timmy's fault, no some is the nature of the beast of being a phenomenal college QB and a starting NFL QB. But as of late much of it is. He flies that coach 3 times a week to say, somewhere in Nevada that's not Las Vegas, no one cares! But in LA the cameras are everywhere as we saw by the creeper vid and his "date" with Swift. Clearly self-promotion IMHO.
                #swapping

Comment

• The Broncos of the late 90's were the kings of product placement and promotion.

For example, I don't remember anyone giving any of the several players any problems for all the EAS stuff they were doing. Eddie didn't get constantly criticized for making and promoting his mustard.

For some reason Tebow gets a ton of criticism for his product promotions. I've never seen another NFL (or any sport for that matter) receive so much flack for promoting a few products that Tebow does.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    The Broncos of the late 90's were the kings of product placement and promotion.

For example, I don't remember anyone giving any of the several players any problems for all the EAS stuff they were doing. Eddie didn't get constantly criticized for making and promoting his mustard.

For some reason Tebow gets a ton of criticism for his product promotions. I've never seen another NFL (or any sport for that matter) receive so much flack for promoting a few products that Tebow does.
                    Exactly. I don't see a problem with a guy trying to get as much money as possible while they can. There careers are limited and if he doesn't succeed I do not think he will be in high demand for his product promotion and what not.

I think you could look at some guys who have personal preference on not doing it until they have actually performed and succeeded at the level they want to but either way.

Brady Quinn done it. A lot of guys do it. Everyone loves money and I am sure if I was in that situation like 99.9% of people they would to do it.

However I do think some people and this is just my personal opinion that some people beleive Tebow is not interested in the money at all. I think that is very naive and just because he is such a great guy doesn't mean he doesn't care about money. Chrisitan role models and leaders can like money.

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                      IHis agents are working every bit of his celeb power and pushing his face on the camera as much as possible.
                      I don't think it's nearly that -- I think they could get him on shows 10x more than he is if they wanted to. I think they're managing it a "bare minimum" levels to respond to all the requests, and do what the NFL office wants.

I know it's exhausting, and I think he would prefer to relax and concentrate on football, doing only the charity work he chooses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                        I don't think it's nearly that -- I think they could get him on shows 10x more than he is if they wanted to. I think they're managing it a "bare minimum" levels to respond to all the requests, and do what the NFL office wants.

I know it's exhausting, and I think he would prefer to relax and concentrate on football, doing only the charity work he chooses.
                        That's the beauty of Tim Tebow. He doesn't need to do a million talk shows. Celebs that do that are just trying to build their star power. MJ didn't do a ton of talk shows on off seasons. His star power was enough to market anything with his logo on it. That's what they're doing with Tebow. Just using his image to drive the marketing. Only difference is he doesn't have a "universal product". If they made a Nike Foamposite Tebow edition, I'd bet dollars to donuts it'd be one of the top 5 selling sneakers of all time in a matter of 2-3 weeks. And the marketing for that, Tebow on a 2nd date with Swift wearing the sneakers. OMG!!!! The fire storm would be insane. America's sweethearts and Nike in the same photo op! Simplistic genius. Low budget, actually no budget and all that's being used is the image of 2 wholesome young people that the world loves. Less is always more when u have that type of power.
                        #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                          Exactly. I don't see a problem with a guy trying to get as much money as possible while they can. There careers are limited and if he doesn't succeed I do not think he will be in high demand for his product promotion and what not.

I think you could look at some guys who have personal preference on not doing it until they have actually performed and succeeded at the level they want to but either way.

Brady Quinn done it. A lot of guys do it. Everyone loves money and I am sure if I was in that situation like 99.9% of people they would to do it.

However I do think some people and this is just my personal opinion that some people beleive Tebow is not interested in the money at all. I think that is very naive and just because he is such a great guy doesn't mean he doesn't care about money. Chrisitan role models and leaders can like money.
                          Especially when he's using that money to build children's hospitals

Let the man make some money. He'll either succeed or fail as a football player on the field, not becuase of his endorsements.

Comment

Working...
                          X