Broncos kicker Matt Prater might be candidate for franchise tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Sorry about the misunderstanding. BAL lost because Lee Evans didn't get the TD
    Sterling Moore made a great play, but true.

Cundiff makes that kick, at worst it goes into OT, a 32-yd FG is a chip shot for kickers.

Comment

Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway said Wednesday that his preference is to keep free agent K Matt Prater with a long-term deal rather than the franchise tag.
      "We don’t want to use it," Elway said of the tag. "We’d like to get a deal done." Behind Willis McGahee and Demaryius Thomas, Prater was perhaps the Broncos' most valuable offensive player in 2011. He turns 28 before the season.

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter
      sigpic

Comment

If Prater does not sign with us then imo we should franchise tag him.

We need to pay him. He has been amazing clutch and allot of teams have had their seasons ruined in the playoffs because of a kicker having a bad game.

Teams will chase Prater and imo if we do not sign him or franchise him before other teams can start chasing Prater then we lose him.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I don't see him getting franchised! Obviously the Broncos want to sign him long term. He is a kicker and probably LOVES kicking in Colorado! I expect to see him locked up for multiple years this offseason.
          sigpic

Comment

I'd think it'd be best to franchize him. That way we could trade him, FOR THE RIGHT $
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I'd think it'd be best to franchize him. That way we could trade him, FOR THE RIGHT $
              Not sure if serious, trade one of the best kickers in the league in his prime, good idea.

Comment

I see no reason we cant work a deal with him unless he wants to be the highest paid kicker or something stupid.

How much would he make if he wanted to be the highest paid kicker?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                  Not sure if serious, trade one of the best kickers in the league in his prime, good idea.
                  Sure, with our holes I'd trade a K who can't hit 40 yarders for the right price
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    I see no reason we cant work a deal with him unless he wants to be the highest paid kicker or something stupid.

How much would he make if he wanted to be the highest paid kicker?
                    Jano signed a 4-year, 16 mil deal in 2010.

The Chiefs kicker is around what i'd give Prater, around 5 years, 15-17 million or so.

Comment

Sure, with our holes I'd trade a K who can't hit 40 yarders for the right price
                      And exactly for what would you trade him for, and who replaces him.

Big deal, he missed a few kicks, when push came to shove, he was clutch, and without him, we don't make the PO's. And we don't have as many holes as you think.

:thumb:

Comment

Jano signed a 4-year, 16 mil deal in 2010.

The Chiefs kicker is around what i'd give Prater, around 5 years, 15-17 million or so.
                        worth every penny.

Comment

And exactly for what would you trade him for, and who replaces him.

Big deal, he missed a few kicks, when push came to shove, he was clutch, and without him, we don't make the PO's. And we don't have as many holes as you think.

:thumb:
                          Depends on the offer. He missed atleast 6 FGs. He cost us the first OAK game, almost cost us against MIA, played poorly against OAK the 2nd time, and missed a key FG versus CHI. We have holes at: DL, WR, FB, Secondary, and backup RB

Comment

Depends on the offer. He missed atleast 6 FGs. He cost us the first OAK game, almost cost us against MIA, played poorly against OAK the 2nd time, and missed a key FG versus CHI. We have holes at: DL, WR, FB, Secondary, and backup RB
                            This is weird. Just weird as hell.
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

So paying a clutch K in his prime around 3-4 mil per year would be bad, the saying goes, you don't know what you got until it's gone.

And, didn't know he was supposed to be perfect, news to me.

Peppers blocked that kick vs CHI btw.

Of course we got holes, but i wouldn't trade Prater, he's huge for us with the close games we're in.

Comment

I see a deal getting done with Prater. I think he enjoys kicking in Denver. Although I'll always have a soft spot for Jason Elam; I think Prater has made many fans forget about him with some of his clutch kicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X