Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Ward wasn't, yet.

And even if Driver is, i doubt he comes here since we don't pass it much.
    Ward's used to a run-first offense
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
      Maybe I read wrong. But this means were gonna spend a little over 3 million more than usual?

So if im understanding correctly we are under the actual cap. But the cash cap is at the cap already. So we are spending more than the cap by default since we are already at it? Idk something about this just isn't giving me the thought that I had from reading the title.

The title makes me think Denver is gonna ball out and being in some big names and spend some money. But the article makes me believe denver is still penny pinching but has to spend slightly more becuase they have to.
      Which is like one decent player. Xanders said we spent right near the cap last year. Everyone calls Bowlen cheap but no one really knows
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I would guess we are at around 60M right now before re-signing or signing anyone.

What I got from the article is they will spend 123M total this year and that includes all signing bonus money. So if they went out and gave a couple 25M signing bonuses to two top FAs, that would put us at 110M (50M plus the 60M we are at) and 13M left to re-sign everyone else.

So two big FA signings is possible, but leaves little left over for the re-signing of guys.
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
          Which is like one decent player. Xanders said we spent right near the cap last year. Everyone calls Bowlen cheap but no one really knows
          USUALLY you can't be a cheap nfl owner, because the rules before the lockout made it a necessity to spend within 10 mill of the salary cap, or else you face a fine....for being cheap

not as severe a fine for going over the cap, but a fine none the less.

once the cba expired i believe last year and this year are non cap years, right?

there literally aren't any fines right now for going under or over the cap, i think, till 2013
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
            I would guess we are at around 60M right now before re-signing or signing anyone.

What I got from the article is they will spend 123M total this year and that includes all signing bonus money. So if they went out and gave a couple 25M signing bonuses to two top FAs, that would put us at 110M (50M plus the 60M we are at) and 13M left to re-sign everyone else.

So two big FA signings is possible, but leaves little left over for the re-signing of guys.
            I'd be content with one, if it were Mario or Calais Campbell.

If we go get players that cost less, we could seriously fill a ton of holes. only thing is, I'd rather add as much talent as possible through FA and 1st round, then go for need.
            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

thing is Mario Williams is talked about as going to have the biggest FA contract givent to a defensive player.... I'd stay clear if thats the case...Never good to tie up that kinf of money to one player
              :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
              -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
                thing is Mario Williams is talked about as going to have the biggest FA contract givent to a defensive player.... I'd stay clear if thats the case...Never good to tie up that kinf of money to one player
                it definitely hasn't worked out in the past for the so called "free agency winners"

they're usually losers in the end
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                  it definitely hasn't worked out in the past for the so called "free agency winners"

they're usually losers in the end
                  Not really. There is just as many that are still great. Marshall, Peppers are more recent. However along with them you have a chris Johnson who stops trying.

Comment

Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
                    Not really. There is just as many that are still great. Marshall, Peppers are more recent. However along with them you have a chris Johnson who stops trying.
                    Many?

Marshall is okay but for 10 mil a year ? overpaid

Peppers did good with the bears but how much? not overpaid but a big risk there

It's never good to lock up a good part of the available money on one player in peticular, especially in FA. You never know what your gonna get and all the garanteed money is a real financial risk most of the time.

Since the rookie pay scale is implemented a team is better off building thru the draft and when they think they are on or two pieces away from a SB then you go all out in fa.

On last add on, look at all the top teams, how many did 'buy' big free agent in the laset few years ?
                    :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
                    -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Working...
                    X