Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos sign former Jacksonville WR Jason Hill

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...medium=twitter

The Broncos on Wednesday signed free agent wide receiver Jason Hill, who was a full-time starter for Jacksonville this season before he was released after head coach Jack Del Rio was fired in late November.

Hill now gets the chanced to reunite with Del Rio in Denver. Del Rio was hired last month as the Broncos’ new defensive coordinator.

The move to sign Hill was confirmed by Hill’s agent, Peter Schaffer.

Hill, 28, spent the first four years of his career in San Francisco before signing with Jacksonville last year. He started the first 10 games of last season for the Jaguars. He had 25 catches for 367 yards and three touchdowns in those games.

Wide receiver is a position of need for the Broncos, who must add pieces around Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker. Slot receiver Eddie Royal is set to become an unrestricted free agent.

The Broncos on Wednesday also signed free agent guard CJ Davis, who played for John Fox in Carolina in 2009 and 2010.
    Just checked and didn't see this posted yet.

Hill's a pretty decent player, but he might just be camp competition. Or maybe Matt Willis and Mark Dell better start picking up their game or one of them might be replaced on the roster. Still wouldn't be suprised if we added more WRs via FA or the middle rounds of the draft.
    Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 02-15-2012, 07:33 PM.

Oh boy........

Comment

If this is our solution to replace Royal then there's a problem

Comment

i hope this is a camp body move, as a reserve or starter i would pass on jason hill

Comment

It's a perfect fit, he drops a lot of passes.
          sigpic

Comment

He's a camp body.
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

From what I'm reading, I'd like to cut him, draft Joe Adams, and then sign either Donald Driver or Hines Ward
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I'm just kidding. The guy is good. He is a deep threat.

He made that CB look silly.

ESPN even dedicated a segment to Jason Hill.

sigpic

Comment

Not enthusiastic about it but thinking positively his QB was gabbert who sucks and he managed to have a big game against the bengals. A WR is only as good as his QB in most cases.

Comment

Really didn't look like that bad of pickup to me??? 26 yrs old, 6'0" 200 lbs, 4.32 40 man and caught 25 passes last season. Welcome to the Broncos Jason!

Comment

According to NFL Draft Scout, the Broncos just signed the 56th best prospect from the 2007 Draft. Now that's a positive point of view.

4.3 speed? Nice.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        From what I'm reading, I'd like to cut him, draft Joe Adams, and then sign either Donald Driver or Hines Ward
                        So you want to cut a guy we just signed and draft and unknown rookie and sign either a 37 year old WR or a 35 year old WR that are both on the downside of their career's???

Why not actually see what a guy that runs a 4.3 40 can do for us on the field? We have no one that can stretch the field and Hill can do that. He has done it before and with proper coaching could become a very good player for us.

Why knock a guy before he has even suited up for the Broncos?!?!

PS- Both Driver & Ward dont want to play for a team like the Broncos, they have both stated they are willing to take a pay cut to stay with their teams.
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe they figure they can get him his confidence back and make a ball player out of him after all. According to CBS sports he was the 10th best college WR that in 2007 (Sidney Rice was the 9th best) and the 56th best prospect on their charts also? Worse come to worse they can cut him in training camp. lol I did read where he did have a lot of drop passes at Jax last season though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            According to NFL Draft Scout, the Broncos just signed the 56th best prospect from the 2007 Draft. Now that's a positive point of view.

4.3 speed? Nice.
                            I hope he can do that everytime we play the Raiders

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                              I hope he can do that everytime we play the Raiders
                              Then again, Allen probably won't have Huff playing man on the outside.
                              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Working...
                              X